Limited Buildings Back For a Limited Time! - Page 14

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Buildings Back For a Limited Time!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well there you go. More for the raiders to take. If they will need to take any. It is what it is.

I do need to get a few of the LTB's up and running tho. I need generate more cash for err...................... land expansion.

Post Count
    Started this game in week 1 to get a gun over in CC. Been playing as a non-gold spending IPH guy for a couple years. Had a good number of LTBs but not all.

I love this. The double upgrade guy, loading up on buildings I learned to be really valuable after the fact, what's not to love. I don't care how much the other guy makes, and the rest get more of my stuff to rob.

Yes, I am an old timer who earned the originals the hard way, and I have zero problem with adding them back. With the 40%b off sale, I actually bought a vault for each device. Gonna make hey while the sun is shining.

Consistent Contributor Madcowdave's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbodychris View Post
    This is so true on so many levels!!! I remember a few years ago McDonald's released the McRib for a Limited Time Only!!!! Can you believe it? I was so excited that I would be able to get fatter, faster because I spent the money to buy those juicy sandwiches because they were only around for a short time. I remember bragging to all my friends that didn't get a chance to to wrap their lips around that sandwich. I spent whole pack checks getting McRibs. But then..... A few years later.... They re-released them!!! I was so sad when that happened. I didn't feel like a special snow flake anymore because now all my friends can get the McRib too. I was so mad at mcdonalds. I went to their forums and complained up a storm!!! I cried to Ronald saying, you told me these weren't coming back anymore.... He gave me some free coupons so I was happy to share the McRibs with my friends who never had a chance to get them.

Point is, I made a fool out of myself over nothing.
    hahaha good analogy. But I think you missed my meaning - I'm not mad or sad or complaining. I'm thankful that Gree is making them available again, because I can now get a refund for the $ spent. They clearly advertised the buildings as LT when released. Now that they've made them available again it is false advertising which is against the law in the US, and violates FTC rules.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcowdave View Post
    hahaha good analogy. But I think you missed my meaning - I'm not mad or sad or complaining. I'm thankful that Gree is making them available again, because I can now get a refund for the $ spent. They clearly advertised the buildings as LT when released. Now that they've made them available again it is false advertising which is against the law in the US, and violates FTC rules.
    Welcome to the world of business. Things are limited all the time, its why I like the word "seasonal" better. This is a supply and demand world. People like money and its the best way to get it. Give the people what they want and we wanted the LTB. Perhaps they can make them seasonal instead of limited with the knowledge they will be re-released at the end of the year. No need in asking for all your money back, though I do feel you are justified in most cases.

Post Count
    All limited time means is that you can't get the item any 24/7/365. If the limited time is not defined, you have no case. Best of luck on that one.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong...

Why would you get a refund when they were released to purchase for in game cash? If you spent money that was a choice you made and did not require you to do so. I have almost all of them and didn't spend a dime. Whoops I meant to say I spent a million dollars, so where is my dang refund?

It seems to me that you have the terms incorrect. As Max Power stated, limited has not defined constraints other than it is a reduction. As they are not always available, they would indeed be limited.

The mickey D's mcRIB was what popped into my head as well fatbodycrhis!

Good luck in your endevor MADCOWDAVE, although I do not agree, I am certain you will win. Remember the lady that sued mickey D's because they served her hot coffee that she then spilled in her lap as she drove her car! Only in AMERICA... for however many years she has left.
    LOOOK INTO MY EYE...
    Join my faction--
    Must: use groupMe, make weekly donation, be active... simple as that.
    No: absurd WD, stat, level, daily donation minimums here.
    Leader matches all cash donations!
    PM me for more information.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Bacon View Post
    When i try to buy them it says unknown error.....I already have all the LTBs
    What is happening is that you already have 1 new building being constructed. When you try to purchase another building, it displays the "Unknown Error" dialog. Sorry for the inconvenience and we will work on fixing this in future releases

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    "Limited time" does not mean they won't be around again. It just means they're available for, you guessed it, a limited time. I'm guessing by your post you're american, but you've never seen anything being sold for a limited time? Gree is selling something for a limited time only. I don't recall ever seeing they won't be available to be bought again. Like someone else said, it's just sneaky selling tatics. It's done with so many thing that you buy. Food, cars, seasonal beer, etc etc.

I hope you try getting your money back and are denied from your weak claim. Just look at the companies you're trying to get money back from. Whether it's google or apple, I'm sure they're all guilty of slick advertising. Which isn't illegal.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I just bought 650 Gold so I can purchase some of these buildings, but none of the gold I bought is appearing on my game. Where is the gold at?

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Reutdog View Post
    When I heard that GREE was allowing us to have up to 4 of these building I got excited. I thought to myself, "hey self, look on the bright side, now you can have 2 more than the other people so that you still have an IPH advantage because you played this game a certain way early on." But then GREE went and allowed everyone to have 4 of each which is retarded. They should have limited everyone to buying a max of 2 more of each building regardless of how many they already had. That way those of us who have them all and have an IPH advantage have the opportunity to keep it. Now everyone can have my IPH if they spend 2 vaults of gold. Just ridiculous.
    Agree with you re max two more buildings, but the new players will never catch up in IPH because they don't have the same output modifiers that we have. My mini will never come close to the same output even if it has four AMRs. Now I want to see gree jack up the prices of the frontline units so that their stupidity is somewhat lessened.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I though it was cool until I bought my 4th rig. Then I thought it was a little overkill. Guess they don't want us running out of cash for frontline

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Enjoy the new LTBs. If you thought stat inflation was an issue, just wait.
    You will see how that investment in the buildings pays off.

We're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Post Count
    Quick question.

Those that already have the LTB's can purchase two more of each for a total of four of each LTB.
    Ie. You previously have two AMR's. You purchase two more for now a total of four.

For those that don't have previous LTB's, can they purchase four of each? Or will they only be able to purchase two of each?

Thanks
    Resurrected from the "ban"

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ckos2 View Post
    Quick question.

Those that already have the LTB's can purchase two more of each for a total of four of each LTB.
    Ie. You previously have two AMR's. You purchase two more for now a total of four.

For those that don't have previous LTB's, can they purchase four of each? Or will they only be able to purchase two of each?

Thanks
    You can buy 4 if you had none

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    You can buy 4 if you had none
    Bit of a slap in the face for those that originally got them, but would you expect anything different from Gree.
    Resurrected from the "ban"