GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New algorithm...

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Can the MODS please seek clarification on this?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Whatever the answer from the most incompetent gaming company ever to ruin what was once a great game the formula that you need to be a mad rocket scientist to understand which alienates approximately 99.99% of the players it is flawed and I am eager to find out why a Att of 6.7b with army euipment of 43 & soldier 7 loses to a def of 4.4b with 28 army and 12 soldier when Gree say army equipment and Attack should make up the majority of the equation meaning if you are significantly stronger in those two areas you should win easily even more confusing is the fact if I change how my equipment is equipped so army drops to 39 and soldier increases to 11 I now win the fight so for those of us not blessed with the madness of Murdoch and the genius of Einstein please explain how the formula works and prove it does by applying the formula to the figures I have published you are alienating more and more players Gree WD was one of the events I enjoyed immensely I'm a the stage within a day of the new screwed up version of not wanting to take part and I'm sure there are 10's of thousands feel the same way. And before somee smartarse troll try's to belittle what I have posted this is my opinion on the game in its current format and the stats quoted were from a battle in WD I was involved in last night I'm sure most people would agree the game is massively flawed and that Gree need to publish a clear concise explanation of how things work so that even the most intellectually challenged player can understand what is going on. So mods please get one of your developers to answer this request
    Ice Cold Beer & Hot Broads ICB
    Faction Code 862-371-807

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal7691 View Post
    I am eager to find out why a Att of 6.7b with army euipment of 43 & soldier 7 loses to a def of 4.4b with 28 army and 12 soldier when Gree say army equipment and Attack should make up the majority of the equation meaning if you are significantly stronger in those two areas you should win easily even more confusing is the fact if I change how my equipment is equipped so army drops to 39 and soldier increases to 11 I now win the fight
    Yep.. the missing part is the attacker defence versus defender attack comparison, which makes up part of the army power match-up, which accounts for 50% of the battle equation, alongside the tradition attacker attack versus defender defence.

For you to have lost, his attack relative to your defence must have been sufficiently large to overcome the advantage you have on equipment and your attack versus his defence. A 150% advantage on attack versus defence is actually not a lot, so its fair to assume that his attack and defence are both a bit more than yours, so his attack/your defence > your attack/his defence, hence overall you lost the 50% part of the equation, despite having a higher attack then his defence.

On the equipment side you had a 43/27 = 160% advantage on army equip, but 7/12 = 60% disadvantage on solider equip. As these are weighted at 30% and 20% respectively, you had a roughly a net 118% advantage on equipment.

So for you to lose overall, you must have lost the overall army stats half of the equation by >118% (ignoring the random factor)... which is more than doable.

Once you moved good equipment from your army to your soldier, the army equip ratio fell to 39/27=144%, but the solider equip ratio improved to 11/12=90%, so that the weighted overall ratio in the equipment side was now 123%, rather than the 118% you had earlier. This improvement therefore must have been sufficient to tip the overall balance back in your favour.
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 12-20-2014 at 05:25 AM.