[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

Post Count
    Will you add an option so HellRaizer can put all of his/her questions in 1 post ��

Lurker
    Post Count
    When Will the data usage and 3 minuet login be fixed?
    I can play clash all day and not use nearly the data needed for one login just to collect in MW.
    Last edited by dudehardwork; 12-18-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    MW ID 739 000 483 faction ID 899 575 252

Lurker
    Post Count

Memory consumption

could you please walk me through the reason Modern Wars is consuming 4.5 gigs on my iPad when every other game I have consumes less than 1 gig and in some cases under 1/2 gig? The app itself is 87 msg, while the "documents and data" are 4.4 gigs. What can I do to reduce that as soon I won't be able to play for lack of space. Thank you.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have actively avoided linking to game center in order to avoid potentially loosing my game. Thanks to the lag and endless pop up screen (not sure why you would leave the pop up screen with all the problems everyone is having loosing games) i accidentally linked to game center and lost my game.

When/How can this be fixed?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    1. Please describe in as much and precise detail as possible how the 50% of the new attack calculation that is supposedly based on relative army stats is calculated. In particular how the two parts of the equation (attacker attack vs defender defence and attacker defence versus defender attack) interact and are weighted.. Please provide enough information and specificity so that given those 4 variables we can calculate the result of that part of the equation ourselves.

2. Given that defender attack now plays a part of the attack equation, when will we be able to see defender attack stats when doing attacks, particularly during war?

3. The last part of the stats listed the IOS attack splash screen is described as "your soldiers atk (+ equipment)". What is in this that isn't equipment?

4. How exactly do player skill points influence any part of the battle equation?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    This WD you said your required to participate to get the community rewards, so how is this fair to the people who cant get in their acounts? Are you going to do anything about?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hello Clementine, CrazyNerdGirl, RhythmNBruise and Milburn Pennybags,

1. please give us Commas on iOS Stats.
    2. please show the amount of Equipment we have in the Army
    3. Attack isnt possible on ipad2 with iOS 8.1.2 (MW 5.0.1), but it works on iPhone 4 with iOS 8.1.2 (MW 5.0.1). The Screen freezes and no further action is possible on iPad. Any Idea?
    4. can we have every month an AMA ?

Thx a lot for ur Efforts

Lurker
    Post Count
    Before the V5.0 the calculation was 100% based on Attacker Attack vs. Defender Defense. After the update to V5.0 I have been trying many different setups on equipment trying to figure out why I could not defeat a rival with 22B attack (7.5B def) vs 9.2B defense with army equip and soldier equip winning over my rival.

It was just impossible to get a single win in a battle. After taking out the composites factory of my rival his defense dropped from 9.2B to 7.7B. And guess what..I was winning my battles with all different equipment setups.
    To rule out the randomness I tried it with different rivals and it was the same story at all of them. Lower their defense and you can win. With already 11b difference in att vs def it makes no sense why I need to do this.

So it looks like the Attacker Defense and Rival Defense has the greatest influence on the outcome of a battle. This ain't right and definitely something to look at. I have all the screenshots as proof and I will provide them if needed.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbl79 View Post
    There are players who have taken over accounts for people that have retired or wished to consolidate down to one account. People do this so that a good account does not go to waste but people are finding that accounts they have given away to someone else are still showing up linked to their Game Center even though the account is on someone else's device. For example, person A had a high level player that they started in 2011 and a mini that they started in 2012. As people who play this kind of game often have multiple devices, most frequently a phone and a tablet they would have their HLP on the phone and the LLP on a tablet that could only be played on wifi. Time passes and person A no longer wants to play the HLP because the LLP has practically caught up to it in stats but is 150 levels lower. They give away their HLP to a friend who has recently started playing and once to advance quicker then would be possible as a new account. Once the friend takes over the HLP person A transfers the LLP from the tablet to the phone and makes it their main account. They are very happy to now only have 1 account. Then 5.0 comes out and person A downloads it. Upon doing so they quickly find that their old account that was given away shows under their Game Center ID. Even though the game is on someone else's device they can still see it and don't link to Game Center for fear of that causing the account to go back to them. What happens if they do link to Game Center? Will they effectively be taking the account back? Is there anything that can be done to prevent this? Will it be addressed in the next release? Is this type of account transfer prior to 5.0 a contributing factor to the lost accounts? Players giving their accounts away when they stop playing is a common practice and once the game has been moved to a new device can the lock out be prevented? Is it now impossible for someone to start multiple accounts when they are new to the game? Thanks!!
    It is against TOS to give/sell your game to another player...........this would result in that account being ban
    At least this is what I think their answer to your question will be

1) Battle Calculations

-You guys stated that the calculation is 50% army power, 30% army equipment, and 20% soldier equipment, but there seems to be a cap percent you can win or loose each category. For example the category might cap out at winning/loosing by 200% and anything after that has no influence. Could you please share with us where this cap is at or if there is not one in place?

-You guys also stated that the opponents attack comes into play when you hit them, but you can not see their attack in the battle report screen. Will their attack ever be displayed in the battle screen so we can see what influence it is having on the battle?

-What is the % range of the possible random factor added to battles?

2) Display Errors

-On IOS the order of stats on the battle results screen goes in the order army power, army equipment, and soldier equipment, but on android the order is army power, soldier equipment, army equipment. Does this plan on being fixed so its consistent between platforms?

-On Droid there is a display error on the army power, it shows the stats as negative numbers that are not correct, will this be fixed before the war starts?

3) WD Points

-Could you please tell us what goes into the calculation that determines how much WD points you receive when you hit someone during war?

Thank you guys for taking the time to answer questions.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    From a game design standpoint, are there any unethical design features that were planned for implementation, but scrapped because they were too exploitive of a vulnerable customer segment? Or does "anything go?"

Would Gree sponsor a gambling support group to encourage responsible gaming practices?

How would you describe the social value of your game design, and are you proud of its impact in your players' lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Would be nice to see the equipment change appair on the avatar is it something you guys are planning to do?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Lost recycle bonus units

When recycling units won on the crate/box events it also recycled my bonus unit I won with them by winning 8/8! It should not take away my bonus units for recycling the units that it took tto win them. Will you please return my units! As I don't already have enough problems!

Community Manager
    Post Count
    The Developers are...

and will begin answering questions!

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We’ve gotten a lot of continued questions about how battle calculations work, so I wanted to give some more context on that.

The calculation is about 50% army power, 30% army equipment, 20% soldier equipment. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome. Chance also plays some role, as it has throughout the history of warfare. The impact of randomness on battle outcomes in the formula is roughly comparable to where it has been throughout the history of the game.

A lot of people have asked about how the skill points influence the battle. The answer is, skill points have the same modification impact on army attack and defense that they have always had, and currently have no impact on soldier or army equipment. We likely will change this in the future, but want to make sure that we have a way to allow players to reallocate their skill points to be fair to everyone.

A lot of people have also asked more about the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense. The answer is that they are not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if my attack is exactly evenly matched with your defense, then your attack versus my defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Several people have asked whether we “cap” the win/loss in a given category. The answer is basically that it ranges from “total win” to “total loss”. In other words, let’s say I have 1B army attack and you have 1 defense. I will win 100% of the army segment.

Several people have asked why the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. We are considering how we can surface this information to you better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats we chose to surface. We're definitely looking for more ways in the future to make things clearer to everyone, and also for new ways to make the feature more fun and exciting.