[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    1. Is there ever going to be an option to delete/nuke an entire account????

2. Are players going to be able to view opponents equipment when ATKing, vice just seeing numbers???

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    1. Why are some factions, including my own, unable to get matched up in FL? The last 2 events have been this way and what are we to expect for the next?
    2. Can we see a bp boost soon?
    3. The rank insignia's have disappeared on my accounts???
    4. bravo on the recycling. well done!!!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    1. How do soldier equip stack? Shows different value on battle screen than in profile.

2. Changing equipment is broken, gives server error now, can this be fixed asap?

3. Android boost and stat glitch, att value on battle screen shows up as negative, and att value on profile, attack and raid screen are all different. Impossible to scout for droids. And still missing those boosts, stacking error?

4. How about those commas?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    1. What will the WD experience be when a player who has not updated to 5.0 attacks a player who has updated to 5.0 and vice versa?

2. If a player has not updated to 5.0 but has been participating in the ltqs to collect equipment will that equipment be in their inventory when they update to 5.0? Is that equipment taking effect when attacking even though they haven't updated?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What If anything is being done about the arjun tank glitch that there was, people with 2mil iph now have 100's of billions of cash and 100's of millions of valor. The game economy and balancing is ruined

Lurker
    Post Count
    1. On the Battle Outcome screen, why is the order of Army, Equipment, and Soldier stats different between iOS and Android clients? Also what's up with negative Army attack stats on Droid? Please fix the negative stats and consider making the order consistent between the platforms to avoid any confusion during WD!!!

Same account, ios:

Droid:

2. Speaking of consistensy. During WD events, the ordering of the other factions' player list has always been different between iOS and Android clients: while on iOS the list stays in the same order through the war, on Android the Defense Leader is moved down the list after being taken out, unpredictably changing the order of players. This leads to mixups when battling same name teams (Alex #15 on iOS may not necessarily match Alex #15 on Android). It would tremendously help team coordination if you manage to keep the player list ordering consistent across both platforms. Even better, add a position counter before each name so that we can identify player positions easily without having to count players while scrolling down.

3. Please post the battle outcome calculation formula to put this issue to bed once and for all. Unless the rules of the game are clearly defined, this is no longer a game, this is a gabmle.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    In WD if multiple members are attacking the same player in the other faction at the same time does that effect the amount of WD points per Attack?

It's rumored that by attacking the same guy at once that this lowers the amount of points all players receive verses the amount that would be received if only one players was attacking at a time.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Hi,
    My questions are:
    o we cannot see what equipment we have gathered for soldiers,only the equipment that our Avatar is using,will we get feature to see what we have gathered?
    o will equipment become Available to buy in store for Cash/Valour?
    o could you Clarify how many soldiers per ally we need equipment for?
    o why doesn't Equipment Have A Factor in Raids?when raiding I see a N/A?
    Last edited by Hobbs; 12-18-2014 at 02:46 AM.
    Hobbsie

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    when recycling, units with bonuses show whether I chose to filter by "in army" or not.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    In PvP my attack stats show to four decimals places... How is that even possible? (not commas)

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Battle calculations. The Kingdom Age did a pitiful job of explaining exactly how it all works. This community needs a clear and concise explanation of exactly how it works, what factors affect each stat (skill points, equipment, boosts, etc.), and a way to roughly determine the outcome of a battle ahead of time. If you guys think turning this whole thing into a toss of the dice makes it more realistic, you couldn't be more wrong. No army on earth takes uncalculated risks when going on the offensive. Sure there will always be randomness, but not to the extent that is being displayed here. Even gambling has more transparency in its odds. Customers are beyond livid with this now and expect real answers. Nobody wanted Gree to "add depth" to a game of tap tap tappity tap. Please don't worry about confusing us further with too much information, as keeping us confused has always been a top priority for Gree.

Post Count
    At first I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask questions that will even be answered (in the majority). It really helps keeping the frustration low in this concern. Here my questions:

1. LOST / LOCKED OUT ACCOUNTS

• How do we get accounts back that were lost before version 5.0 came out and you didn't transfer as requested before the update?
    • Will there be a solution offered to those, that have their account but can't connect to game center as they will lose them immediately? (I have 2 accounts on 2 devices and if I connect to GC I will lose one of these accounts --> I've tried that out, ticket pending.)
    • Will there be a solution before WD for those players with legit accounts in limbo that have sent a ticket early and provided the needed information?

2. STATS / PVP CALCULATION

Please, please, please: explain the formula for the PVP attacks.

I, and i am sure I speak for a lot of players, don't care if there's a margin of let's say 20% on it that you might call randomness or GREE's secret sauce. We can and will live with that and add this security margin when attacking, even if it doesn't apply each time.

It is simply unacceptable to not know how it roughly works. I have 29b att, 10b def, 190/190 skill points, and 10/11 soldier equipment. If I lose to an opponent that has massively lower stats in almost all categories (and by massively I mean half the stats e.g.) I will simply stop attacking until I know why i lost, because there is not confident target anymore and I will harm my faction more with defensive losses than if I don't attack at all. And knowing that i scored over 400k WD points in the last WD means that you, GREE, will lose real life cash due to keeping me in the dark on purpose.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    When is the next update coming out?
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Please join us Thursday, December 18th, at 11:00am PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about the new Soldier Equip Feature, recently released with v5.0. This is your chance to ask how the new battles are calculated and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the new feature!

Representatives from the Development Team:

CrazyNerdGirl: Lead Game Designer
    RhythmNBruise: Producer
    Milburn Pennybags: General Manager

So as to allow those in other time zones to participate and this thread will be unlocked Wednesday at 4pm PST so that you may post your questions in advance. The Developers will arrive Thursday morning at 11:00am PST sharp and will be answering questions here for one hour! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive. Additionally, please remember that the Development Team is not responsible for Customer Support, so any Customer Support inquiries will not be addressed.
    1. How come some of the most serious bugs reported over 2 and half years ago are still available in the game?
    2. Why isn't game data encrypted?
    3. What are the developers doing to reduce the cause and effect of the "Man-in-the-Middle" modifcations that continue to go on?
    4. What software development model do Gree use? (Agile, Waterfall etc.)
    5. Why do previously release fixed bugs recur in new releases?
    6. In relation to question 1, how serious does Gree take user privacy?
    7. When will manual transfer be re-enabled?
    8. Do Gree use Prototyping and if so, who tests these prototypes? (In-house testers, dev team, normal staff, players etc.)
    9. In relation to Support, what kind of game and game mechanics training do Customer Support staff recieve?
    Last edited by mickymacirl; 12-18-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Are minimum participation in events going to be based on number of attacks?
    Have fun, it's only a game