Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Soldier Equip

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    The Developers are...

and will begin answering questions!
    Oh good, where is my account? Ticket 2121444

Where are the support staff

What if my account is linked to ios game centre and I no longer have the device and am on android now. What then?

Who do I make a complaint to

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And I'll ask again. Where are my boosts???????

Nice to go to war with a acc 4 bill less. Thx gree, merry Christmas

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Fusion View Post
    1) Why isn't soldier equipment available in the store to buy?
    2) Was it intended that everyone who collected all current equipment items to be +11 att and +16 def (solider equip). Makes it impossible to beat someone with solider attack if limited to 11.
    3) Why can't we unequipped items after equip them? What if I wanted it to be blank?
    4) When will pvp equipment be dropping?
    5) Why was the same equipment recycled through two LTQs/FLTQ?
    1. We wanted to slowly introduce this new feature so we could iron out any issues without unbalancing the game. The feature was QA tested, but our players are inventive and have more overall time than QA. We have plans to release these items in the store in the future. We wanted to also reward active players for participating in the events.

2. That is the current highest possible soldier equipment, but we expect to be bringing out new items fairly quickly over the next couple of months. Also, remember that all the equipment you’re not using goes to your army equip, so it’s still useful to keep collecting those items.

3. It never occurred to us that you’d want to. We can put it in the list as a feature to develop for the future, though!
    I’m not sure what this question means.

4. I'm not 100% sure what you asking here. I am guessing you mean equipment for your army? Essentially all items not equipped to your soldier are given to your army with a max of 6 items for each unit you bring into battle.

5. The FLTQ/LTQs will be using some of the same soldier equip items as prizes because your army can use any equipment not used by your soldier.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is frustrating.... So sad... And all this at an anniversary and Christmas time.... THX

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    Why can't you guys remove the old enemy's from previous FLTQs and ILTQs from the maps? Can you maybe make all the enemys in the maps walk on a grid so we can stop accidently hitting them? Its quite frusterating.
    We currently can only remove NPCs with a deploy to production. We remove them when we can, but as you can see, it can be difficult. We have plans to have the NPCs auto expire with the goals, but that will be in a future release. As to the AI of the NPCs, that would take a lot of engineering work, but we will keep it in mind for the future.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Thank you for doing this again, now that we've had a chance to play around with it some.

1. Game Center - is it safe to log out of one game center account and into another game center account to switch MW games on one device if you have multiple MW games but had different GC logins on their original devices due to the old Funzio Game Center ID thing?

2. Is Equipment "indestructible", or is it something that can be lost when attacking / being attacked?

3. Can Equipment please be added as a tab in the inventory list so we can see everything and the quantities of each item we have?

4. Recycling (add buildings) - The recycling option is fantastic, seems well thought out, and functions well. Thank you for the triple confirmation process! Now that we have inventory recycling, can we please add buildings to that process and remove the "sell" button from the popup when you tap on the building? This would eliminate the accidental selling of buildings, which is heartbreaking when it happens - as I know first hand, having lost a few LE buildings to lag and buffered taps.

5. There are several bugs in 5.0. I know several are being worked on, but some are very annoying -
    5a) The "ghost" targets left from the previous map that was visited amidst the clutter from all the deprecated NPC targets that are on that map (makes it hard to select the target you actually want)
    5b) The last raid done will splash the results again and again each time you hit an NPC target after raiding, as though hitting that NPC target is reliving the last pvp attack/raid performed.
    5c) Probably most important, The Android stats issue - displays the wrong atk/def stats for a person's game both in the profile screen and in the attack/raid results screen. Is this just a display issue, can you verify that the battle formula is using their actual stats and not the stats they see in the battle results?

6. Tapjoy Videos - not sure if this is something you can even address, but it seems as though the tapjoy videos are served per device rather than per game account, so if I have 2 games linked the to same game center and switching between them on the same device, it seems that my allotment of videos is now such that I only get one allotment for the device even though there's 2 (or 3 or 4) game accts.
    1. Yes - if you log into a different GameCenter account, you’ll see the MW games associated with that account instead. We’re also working on a tool to let CS help you get all the games associated with your device (phone or tablet) onto one GC account. This should be available soon.

2. The current hero equip items are indestructible but that's an interesting idea and we'll certainly think about changing that...

3. We can add that to the feature list for future development, sure. We did it this way because you can only equip one of each thing to your soldier and everything else is auto-equipped to your army.

4. We hadn’t thought about it, because the buildings do have the “sell” option, but we can certainly explore that idea.

5. I know b) and c) are addressed in the 5.0.3 builds for iOS and Android, respectively, but I don’t think we’ve seen reports of a) before? Can you file a CS ticket with screenshots? Thanks!

6. TapJoy videos are linked to your device ID, so we can’t actually change this, sorry.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    We’ve gotten a lot of continued questions about how battle calculations work, so I wanted to give some more context on that.

The calculation is about 50% army power, 30% army equipment, 20% soldier equipment. Each one of those is computed separately. Within each segment, the attack of the attacker versus the defense of the defender is the most important factor. We do also allow for the attack of the defender versus the defense of the attacker to have a lesser influence as well. Within each segment we basically look at a margin of victory in percentage terms. Then we add up each segment weighted according to the above to determine the final outcome. Chance also plays some role, as it has throughout the history of warfare. The impact of randomness on battle outcomes in the formula is roughly comparable to where it has been throughout the history of the game.

A lot of people have asked about how the skill points influence the battle. The answer is, skill points have the same modification impact on army attack and defense that they have always had, and currently have no impact on soldier or army equipment. We likely will change this in the future, but want to make sure that we have a way to allow players to reallocate their skill points to be fair to everyone.

A lot of people have also asked more about the relative importance of attacker attack versus defender defense versus defender attack versus attacker defense. The answer is that they are not a fixed percentage of each segment of the calculation. The bigger the discrepancy between attacker attack and defender defense the less the defender attack and attacker defense matters. In other words, if I attack you and my attack blows away your defense, then your attack and my defense will be largely irrelevant. On the other hand, if my attack is exactly evenly matched with your defense, then your attack versus my defense makes up half of that segment’s calculation.

Several people have asked whether we “cap” the win/loss in a given category. The answer is basically that it ranges from “total win” to “total loss”. In other words, let’s say I have 1B army attack and you have 1 defense. I will win 100% of the army segment.

Several people have asked why the attacker defense and defender attack stats aren’t shown in the battle results. We are considering how we can surface this information to you better in the future, however because attacker attack versus defender defense is the most important factor those are the stats we chose to surface. We're definitely looking for more ways in the future to make things clearer to everyone, and also for new ways to make the feature more fun and exciting.
    Thanks for the Clarification... As suspected its random as you mention chance as per real life battlefields.
    So in reality it will be just like scoring in WD where one is still baffled by the result everytime as there appears no grand logic behind it... Roll the dice.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh oh Gree View Post
    I would like to see use of the original NPCs on the maps now and again. Maybe once a quarter or more. Can this happen?

I think the last time these NPCs were used was in the Axis of Evil LTQ this past January.
    We will consider it for future releases

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    What's the latest on the droid stats error /glitch? Currently you can't see any boosts or units for prizes.
    This is just a display error (the server still has all your correct stats). This is fixed in 5.0.3, which is waiting for QA signoff before we ship it. (Also, please note that we ship Android builds in stages, so it will go live for some percentage of players and then scale up to 100% over time.)

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh oh Gree View Post
    Lastly, can you confirm the date of the next raid boss? It looks like Santa so I'm assuming Christmas Eve or Christmas but either way it would be nice to know for planning.
    Raid boss is 12/27/2014.

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    1 = What has finally been decided abut the the next WD, 3 days or 7 days?
    1A = Is it possible to restructure WD like FLTQ (Normal "3 day event", Prestige "5 day event", Masters "7 day event") with rewards scaled like FLTQ or ILTQ?

2 = What will be done IF the unlucky locked out accounts can't be unlocked for WD?

3 = Lately your attempts to apologize or make amends for your errors don't coincide with the severity of the errors. Do you plan to raise the compensation bar for the loyalty the remaining customers continue to show Gree?
    1. We are keeping the WD with the 7 days scheduled. Although a lot of players have expressed concerns about this, many have also expressed to us that they like the idea. For future events if we ever do a full week we likely would add in ILTQ/FLTQ for different day lengths, but for this event we kept the goals at the three day level to make it a somewhat more relaxed event.

2. We're working on ensuring that everyone can play the game now. For those with account transfer issues we should soon be able to help you work through that.

3. I personally am sorry that we've had issues recently. I know how big a deal some of these errors have been, and we're working extremely hard to make it right. We've tried to be fairly liberal in issuing compensation to players for our issues, but I appreciate your feedback and we'll take into consideration that some players are still feeling dissatisfied. Ultimately, it is our job to provide a quality stable game for you, and we're sorry there have been times recently when we haven't delivered fully on that.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by junkkicker View Post
    Can you confirm if the WD Community event will be based on Battle Points or World Domination Points? The splash screen says BP, but other posts made make it sound like it will be WDP.
    It will be WD points. Sorry about the confusion. We are switching all of the popups and art to mention WD points instead of BP.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Alot of players have lost equipment my wife's army dropped from over 50 diwn to 38 and she isn't showing her 0/4 Helmet is missing from her inventory and she's done all ltqs ty

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzzi View Post
    1. How do soldier equip stack? Shows different value on battle screen than in profile.

2. Changing equipment is broken, gives server error now, can this be fixed asap?

3. Android boost and stat glitch, att value on battle screen shows up as negative, and att value on profile, attack and raid screen are all different. Impossible to scout for droids. And still missing those boosts, stacking error?

4. How about those commas?
    1. Equipment on your soldier does not stack, however, each army unit you take into battle automatically equip up to 6 of the items not used by your soldier.

2. That’s weird - it works fine for us in-house. Please file a CS ticket!

3. The boosts not displaying is a known error that should be fixed in a forthcoming version. I checked in with the Android team on the negative numbers and they’re looking into it.

4. You’re not the first (and probably not the last) to ask about this. As we said in our last AMA, we’re working on various display options to make this clearer, and will be trying to fit it into one of our forthcoming releases.

Development Team
    Post Count
    It's WD time! Good luck battling, everyone.