[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Accomplices

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Accomplices

Community Manager
    Post Count

Lightbulb [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 18th - Accomplices

Please join us Thursday, December 18th, at 1:30pm PST for our next Developer Ask Me Anything! Please join us in discussing and asking questions about the new Accomplices Feature, recently released with v6.0. This is your chance to ask how the new battles are calculated and find out everything you ever wanted to know about the new feature!

Representatives from the Development Team:

Engram: General Manager
    &dra: Developer

So as to allow those in other time zones to participate and this thread will be unlocked Wednesday at 4pm PST so that you may post your questions in advance. The Developers will arrive Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm PST sharp and will be answering questions here for one hour! The thread will then be locked at at the conclusion of the AMA. We'll answer as many questions as possible.

We know that there are still a number of unanswered questions from the last AMA. The Developers are still working on slowly answer when they have availability. The goal of this AMA is to focus on answering any questions about this new feature only.

Remember any posts that violate the Forum Code of Conduct will be removed. Furthermore, any post that attacks, insults, implies insults, harasses the Development Team will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Please keep everything on topic and constructive. Additionally, please remember that the Development Team is not responsible for Customer Support, so any Customer Support inquiries will not be addressed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Now that you killed the game with this dumb move over fighting and robbing.
    Losing when your attack is almost double there defence, is this a glitch or the way forward.
    No one likes it.
    Is there any plans we can move skill points out of stamina so we don't have to play that part of the game.
    Last edited by -Batman-; 12-17-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Post Count
    Treating, Mate. When and where will more accomplices be found or acquired via PVP, LTQ, store etc.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are there any plans to open up the rivals list to include everyone at a given level?
    Last edited by Green Drake; 12-17-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Sorry this thread opened late! We're working hard to get awesome holiday content ready for everyone.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Are you talking about the expansion...... Looking forward to the new buildings

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I have a few questions, but I have one I would like answered in major detail please.

I would like to know how battle calculations are now done. The process behind it step by step and the peramaters taken into consideration when the attack and rob button is being pressed.
    I would like to request a step by step breakdown which deals with
    1) an actual attack and rob showing real numbers and how it's all calculated step by step highlighting each new method of calculation and how they all come up with a win / loss resultant.
    2) would like to know if you win a category, does it count as the full 50% of that stats part for example? Or do you get a fraction of the percentage?
    3) what are the thresholds where you lose an attack or get 50/50 win loss ratio? Similar to the previous 80% battle attack threshold
    4) are there differnt thresholds for differnt sections of attack / defence ?
    5) any other information we may find useful

As a side note I would like to ask about IP When a level 250 hits a level 300, will there be higher ip for the 250?

Thanks in advance for holding this AMA !
    Last edited by SilentAssassin; 12-17-2014 at 06:10 PM.

*Silent Assassins are Recruiting*
    SAS1: 500k+T1+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASII: 275k+T3&4+Full Streaks+Undefeated Last War
    SASIII: 125K+T10+Wins
    SAS4: T50

We have a spot for almost every type of player out there

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What is your all-time favorite Atari game?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    With such an apparently enormous change in the PvP piece of the game, why not get in front of the change and proactively educate your customers on the reasons behind the change and what changes gamers will expect to see?

There is a lot of venom and anger on this forum due to the lack of understanding of the accomplice addition. The developers and forum mods could have done a much better job of communicating PRIOR to the release. The existing developer notes were beyond insufficient.

Post Count
    1. How are wins and losses for attacking and robbing done? Please be as specific as you can.

So Mafia ATK, ATK from Accomplices assigned to Mafia, and Your Kingpin Power, are added together I take it?

How are each calculated, particularly, how is Mafia ATK calculated relative to your current attack and defense?

What percentage of each are used for the addition?

2. A mod stated that there will be no difference in ip in wars between lvl250 and lvl300.

What about in the PVP event? Will there be any difference for the PVP event?
    Last edited by TMI; 12-17-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    1.are you planning to allow people to toggle on/off the collect all button or reduce its size/placement?

2.when will the new building(s) be available?

3.can we have much more info on accomplices regarding how to purchase them and equip them?

Thanks.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    When will you have the manual transfer available to players? I have already submitted a ticket and basically was just told to wait.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    How will you get new Accomplices? Are there going to be upgrades to your Accomplices like there are to your character or is it just a new one every time? Are stats completely crap now because they don’t seem to help me win any battles. Also can you give some insight to when the patch will be out (ball park) I kind of want to forget that this even happened…it did tho

And last thing we’re all still waiting for the expansion pack any idea on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3g View Post
    [rewards] *snip*

And I'm not even a mod
    Click here, It's something really cool

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    With the new 'manage acct' feature, am I able to access both accounts on one device if one is on IOS and the other Android? Is there a trick to setting it up?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There have been talks for years to try to figure out how to eliminate punishment for level gain. Do you guys have real tangible plans to deal with this?