Page 1 of 2 12 Last

War scoring system

Can we please fix the war scoring system. I'm not against stripping, or those that employ it as a tactic. That I and my guild don't is our own choice.

However, which the following should yield more points.

1) the opposing gm has 1 knight wearing a maelstrom. I kill him using 1 good armor and two fusion boost armors on my support knights.

2) the opposing gm is using 3 knights all wearing new war epics. I kill him using opposing epic armors.

Which should yield more war points? 1 or 2?

Most people would say option 2. However that is NOT the case.

Option 1 yields 750-800 points
    Option 2 yields 570-650 points

Again, I'm not against stripping but at least put us on an equal footing for a points basis.

Thanks

GREE should go ahead and fix this by making player level/rank the only factors that effect points earned.

GREE should do a lot of things.

You might actually see this implemented in 4-10 months.

Family guilds may always see stripping as cheating while alliance guilds don't see it as cheating. This will always stay the same. But i bet a family guild will take the points when they get a guild that forgot to put hard armor on again.

Plus, reward less points for bought additional fights (see my other thread: "gems should be considered super weapons") AND/OR give less reward points if an opponent is beaten up consecutively.

The game already contains no challenge at all other than hitting the 'special' button at the right time, 'winning' something like this currently only means most gems spent to be able to hit on an identified target as many times as possible. Come up with some minimum 'challenge' a guild war (!) should invoke, like to at least force players to deal with different opponents now and then ... or if they are just point vampires, at least reward them less and less with every hit. Otherwise it's just ridiculous. As mentioned, for any worse ranking than #25, it doesn't take long to figure out that real effort doesn't pay off anyway, as a) a single player in the other guild can completely neutralize the efforts of a 30-40 player's guild and b) the rewards feel more like consolation prizes at these ribbons. And: no worries about the income of Gree, yaysayers - players with ego issues will still buy gems like crazy to make it up to #200 instead of #300, even if they get points deducted the way described above. I'd bet they would even spend more! But the upside would be that players who can't or don't want to engage in gemming contests will feel that their effort at least makes some difference, and won't quit engaging in wars or maybe even stop playing K&D because the 'super power' of money spent in wars is so obvious and can't be overcome by any means.
    Last edited by roookey1; 12-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Do you think Gree makes money off of the non gemming players? You're failing to realize the point of the game and company. You're *****ing about the game working as it was designed and intended. If you don't like it, then this game is not for you. Gree will always cater to the players who put $ into the game over those who are f2p. It's just the reality of business.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Plus, reward less points for bought additional fights (see my other thread: "gems should be considered super weapons") AND/OR give less reward points if an opponent is beaten up consecutively.

The game already contains no challenge at all other than hitting the 'special' button at the right time, 'winning' something like this currently only means most gems spent to be able to hit on an identified target as many times as possible. Come up with some minimum 'challenge' a guild war (!) should invoke, like to at least force players to deal with different opponents now and then ... or if they are just point vampires, at least reward them less and less with every hit. Otherwise it's just ridiculous. As mentioned, for any worse ranking than #25, it doesn't take long to figure out that real effort doesn't pay off anyway, as a) a single player in the other guild can completely neutralize the efforts of a 30-40 player's guild and b) the rewards feel more like consolation prizes at these ribbons. And: no worries about the income of Gree, yaysayers - players with ego issues will still buy gems like crazy to make it up to #200 instead of #300, even if they get points deducted the way described above. I'd bet they would even spend more! But the upside would be that players who can't or don't want to engage in gemming contests will feel that their effort at least makes some difference, and won't quit engaging in wars or maybe even stop playing K&D because the 'super power' of money spent in wars is so obvious and can't be overcome by any means.

You always can quite instead of complaining about the persons who spend gems.

There are in fact no 'non-gemming' players. Even players who don't buy gems get them as freebies. Did you fanboys ever consider why, if their interest is only in players 'who spend money', Gree gives them away?

If you have the slightest understanding of marketing, you would get it. Why do supermarkets discount? Why do companies give away freebies? Why do companies advertise? Because they know they will attract customers by it, and they always want more customers. Some player may never have planned to 'buy gems' and only play with the free ones, but one day he will spend money for them - when he can. Because he is already used to it. Even obsessive non-spenders have friends and family members of which a few they may attract to the game (and spend $$$), they may build guilds of which some may turn into big spenders, they will ask for Google Play cards for Christmas to be able to buy gems ... you (may) get the picture.

I am tired of reading the mantra 'Gree wants to make money, so just pay or go.' I may already have spent more than you - but unlike you, I want something in return (like good armor when opening chests, no outdated crap; or not be punished when I fuse the epics that have cost me a fortune), be treated fair, and an evolution of the game instead of illogical and questionable rules (like war rankings and other aspects I don't want to repeat now) that I have led countless players to quit or not participate in wars anymore. Another law of marketing: it is always cheaper for a company to entice existing customers to stay and feel comfy than to attract new customers.
    Last edited by roookey1; 12-22-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    There are in fact no 'non-gemming' players. Even players who don't buy gems get them as freebies. Did you fanboys ever consider why, if their interest is only in players 'who spend money', Gree gives them away?

If you have the slightest understanding of marketing, you would get it. Why do supermarkets discount? Why do companies give away freebies? Why do companies advertise? Because they know they will attract customers by it, and they always want more customers. Some player may never have planned to 'buy gems' and only play with the free ones, but one day he will spend money for them - when he can. Because he is already used to it. Even obsessive non-spenders have friends and family members of which a few they may attract to the game (and spend $$$), they may build guilds of which some may turn into big spenders, they will ask for Google Play cards for Christmas to be able to buy gems ... you (may) get the picture.

I am tired of reading the mantra 'Gree wants to make money, so just pay or go.' I may already have spent more than you - but unlike you, I want something in return (like good armor when opening chests, no outdated crap; or not be punished when I fuse the epics that have cost me a fortune), be treated fair, and an evolution of the game instead of illogical and questionable rules (like war rankings and other aspects I don't want to repeat now) that I have led countless players to quit or not participate in wars anymore. Another law of marketing: it is always cheaper for a company to entice existing customers to stay and feel comfy than to attract new customers.
    I got 3 peacocks from chests before they became fusable, when i found out it became fusable i didn't like it but can't change it. So just go with the flow. If you don't like it, there is always the option to quite.

Ok guys this thread is not about gemming/non gemming. This thread assumes the player gems. It's a thread on the scoring system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegal View Post
    Ok guys this thread is not about gemming/non gemming. This thread assumes the player gems. It's a thread on the scoring system.
    And here I am wondering why Mister T wants me to "quite".

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    And here I am wondering why Mister T wants me to "quite".
    Busteroaf = Roookey1
    Good to know, since Mister T was not directing his comment towards you.

My guild was even asked by the opponents fighters named "Strip for us *GuildName*."
    Last edited by legalious; 12-22-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Busteroaf = Roookey1
    Good to know.

My guild was even asked by the opponents fighters named "Strip for us *GuildName*."
    Ha. You wish.

And since you're a mod, I'll be polite. But you're dumb. You'd think being a mod you'd have access to see that (I hope, otherwise I have a stalker) myself and Rook are from different places... check IPs and such.

Also, simply read his last post. He thinks things will change and wants "good" things in return. I'm smart enough to know that won't change anytime soon.

But thanks for the laugh Legalious.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 12-22-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Ha. You wish.

And since you're a mod, I'll be polite. But you're dumb. You'd think being a mod you'd have access to see that (I hope, otherwise I have a stalker) myself and Rook are from different places... check IPs and such.

Also, simply read his last post. He thinks things will change and wants "good" things in return. I'm smart enough to know that won't chance anytime soon.

But thanks for the laugh Legalious.
    You do know that naming and shaming of other people and their ideas is not allowed. That goes for everyone on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    You do know that naming and shaming of other people and their ideas is not allowed. That goes for everyone on the forum.
    So, does that also mean YOU since you said I was someone I am not? Granted, you didn't shame me, but comparing me to someone I clearly am not is somewhat offensive. And to say I'm someone I am not is quite a bold statement. Many on this forum could take it as a truth, and it is not. And as a Mod, you should hold the forums to a higher standard. Yourself included.

Busteroaf
    Retired