DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 15, 2014

Development Team
    Post Count

Dev Notes: Week of December 15, 2014

5.0 is out!

Thanks for your patience!

We spent most of last week working on 5.0 final QA, and have now released both the iOS and Android version. Android users, you'll have seen a couple of new builds coming your way to fix up some crashes that weren't apparent until we got enough volume in the system. iOS users, your 5.0.1 build is in the queue with Apple with 3 bug fixes - fixing up the battle & raid results being swapped, making the help dialog for soldier equip show up properly and not block the UI, and removing the bug that makes it look like you can continue to attack someone in PvP when you've switched back to attacking NPCs.

"Lost" accounts on iOS

First things first - I am so sorry that this happened. It's an unforeseen consequence of the way the feature is designed, and it didn't occur to us and it should have. (See below for more details.)

Second - we are working on a fix for the issue, although it will probably require you to contact CS. We expect that to hit later this week - since we're mucking around in the player accounts database, we want to be really really sure that we're not going to somehow mess up your account in the process of trying to fix it!

For those of you interested in a more technical explanation:

A long, long time ago in a galaxy rather like our own, Modern War had GameCenter features integrated into the game (achievements and such). That means that your game was associated with a GameCenter account in our system.

Fast forward to us working on account transfers. Now, in order to do that, we had to rewrite the GameCenter linking functions. The set up is this - if you try to link your game to a GameCenter account and the system finds that game already linked to a different GameCenter account, it automatically starts a new game for you, to prevent you from stealing someone else's game.

So anyone who's had a Modern War game for a while and has changed their GameCenter ID will see a problem where it forces them to start a new game because their old game is already associated with a different GameCenter ID. (If you can remember your old GameCenter credentials and log in with those, you should find your normal account waiting for you! You can retrieve your old password at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid )

It looks like the fix is going to involve writing one tool to dis-associate your Modern War game from your (old) GameCenter account (which I know some of you have been asking for anyway) and then figuring out how to re-associate your game with your device ID. You can see why we’d be cautious about doing this automatically!

How's it work - QA

Our QA guys are awesome!

We have a dedicated team of QA people, and they work really hard to make sure that all the events and features and releases we do have been tested to the best of their ability. They try to do all the things you guys would think to do (and some you wouldn't), but you have to agree that the thousands of you are always going to be more inventive than they can be, by sheer numbers alone!

I know we've shipped some builds with issues recently, and I've noticed that some of you doubt the existence of our QA team. They do exist, and they work really hard, and they fight hard too - to make sure that every release that goes out is good.

Don't believe me? Come join the team - we're always hiring. (Check out the Careers page on the GREE website for more info.)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    5.0 is out!

We spent most of last week working on 5.0 final QA, and have now released both the iOS and Android version. Android users, you'll have seen a couple of new builds coming your way to fix up some crashes that weren't apparent until we got enough volume in the system. iOS users, your 5.0.1 build is in the queue with Apple with 3 bug fixes - fixing up the battle & raid results being swapped, making the help dialog for soldier equip show up properly and not block the UI, and removing the bug that makes it look like you can continue to attack someone in PvP when you've switched back to attacking NPCs.

"Lost" accounts on iOS

First things first - I am so sorry that this happened. It's an unforeseen consequence of the way the feature is designed, and it didn't occur to us and it should have. (See below for more details.)

Second - we are working on a fix for the issue, although it will probably require you to contact CS. We expect that to hit later this week - since we're mucking around in the player accounts database, we want to be really really sure that we're not going to somehow mess up your account in the process of trying to fix it!

For those of you interested in a more technical explanation:

A long, long time ago in a galaxy rather like our own, Modern War had GameCenter features integrated into the game (achievements and such). That means that your game was associated with a GameCenter account in our system.

Fast forward to us working on account transfers. Now, in order to do that, we had to rewrite the GameCenter linking functions. The set up is this - if you try to link your game to a GameCenter account and the system finds that game already linked to a different GameCenter account, it automatically starts a new game for you, to prevent you from stealing someone else's game.

So anyone who's had a Modern War game for a while and has changed their GameCenter ID will see a problem where it forces them to start a new game because their old game is already associated with a different GameCenter ID. (If you can remember your old GameCenter credentials and log in with those, you should find your normal account waiting for you! You can retrieve your old password at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid )

It looks like the fix is going to involve writing one tool to dis-associate your Modern War game from your (old) GameCenter account (which I know some of you have been asking for anyway) and then figuring out how to re-associate your game with your device ID. You can see why we’d be cautious about doing this automatically!

How's it work - QA

Our QA guys are awesome!

We have a dedicated team of QA people, and they work really hard to make sure that all the events and features and releases we do have been tested to the best of their ability. They try to do all the things you guys would think to do (and some you wouldn't), but you have to agree that the thousands of you are always going to be more inventive than they can be, by sheer numbers alone!

I know we've shipped some builds with issues recently, and I've noticed that some of you doubt the existence of our QA team. They do exist, and they work really hard, and they fight hard too - to make sure that every release that goes out is good.

Don't believe me? Come join the team - we're always hiring. (Check out the Careers page on the GREE website for more info.)
    Thanks!

Why is lost in quotations?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update. I'm sure you haven't had the time to go through all the messages in the "bugs" thread, but you have failed to address a number of high priority issues including game freezes and no change in slow load times (among many others)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Thanks!

Why is lost in quotations?
    Probably because they're not technically lost, just in limbo.

Post Count
    lost adjective \ˈlȯst\

: unable to be found

: no longer held, owned, or possessed

-"Webster"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Just another manic Monday uhh uhh

Post Count
    5.0 is out!

Aha!! This makes total sense! Can you state what version of MW used to use this feature, or what the time period for that was, so that people in that situation may be able to know in advance if they will have an issue with this?

5.0 is out!
    Can I work remotely without having to move to San Fransisco?
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    When will the missing droid stats issue be fixed?

Post Count
    Could someone take a look at my tickets you have been ignoring 2121444

Second what if I'm now on android but game is linked to ios game centre and don't have iPhone any more what then? Do I just give up or are you going to help me

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    When will the missing droid stats issue be fixed?
    This ^^^^^^^^

Andbwhen well droid be able to see what were playing for in goals? No boost or stat info......marco.......
    Last edited by Suspect5; 12-15-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Post Count
    I have a few issues. First off, My ENTIRE faction ZXC was locked out of frontline. We sent many tickets to support and nothing back from them. We demand each reward we would normally get from each goal and on leaderboards, both faction and indie. Second, Android are still missing stats and boost. Third, why not release in the store options to buy the new equipment. Do you really want to force us to get 18k equipment as loot?

The main issue is our tickets being ignored from frontline.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    I have a few issues. First off, My ENTIRE faction ZXC was locked out of frontline. We sent many tickets to support and nothing back from them. We demand each reward we would normally get from each goal and on leaderboards, both faction and indie. Second, Android are still missing stats and boost. Third, why not release in the store options to buy the new equipment. Do you really want to force us to get 18k equipment as loot?

The main issue is our tickets being ignored from frontline.
    Well number 1 is guaranteed not to occur. Would be nice if they just fixed the game for once and had real CS.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Question Freedom box rewards

Hey Gree, what's with the -5 alliance reward for the blue prints in current box event? Why would we want our army decreased by five allies? This makes no sense, please elaborate. Thanks.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MoM - Krypt View Post
    Hey Gree, what's with the -5 alliance reward for the blue prints in current box event? Why would we want our army decreased by five allies? This makes no sense, please elaborate. Thanks.
    Its the guy you're fighting that loses 5 allies

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So your QA team just didnt think to try and recycle more than one unit at at time... or try and check the price on the unit that most people wanted to recycle in the first place? Are you sure thats the excuse you guys want to go with? Really?