BUG: beware if you link KA with gamecenter, I lost 2 accounts!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BUG: beware if you link KA with gamecenter, I lost 2 accounts!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

BUG: beware if you link KA with gamecenter, I lost 2 accounts!

I was hesitant to install the latest KA version 3.1 with Game Center integration. But this weekend I did make the jump with 5 of my 8 accounts.

I have 2 Game Center ID's over 8 devices, for KA I wanted to bring everything under 1 GC id (let us call this the new GC id)

Device 1: was previously logged in to GC with my old GC id, here is how I lost my account on this device

- I logged out of the old GC id
    - I logged in on the new GC id
    - I deleted the game
    - I installed the new version from the app store
    - I opened KA and clicked on the link device button
    - I found myself with a fresh level 1 account instead of my lev 180 account

I then restored my account from an iTunes backup, but after the restore I was unable to connect to the game as there is now a permenant error "cannot connect to server. You must have access to the internet to use this application"

Device 2: device was logged on to old GC account, I changed GC account to new GC id
    started the KA game version 3.0, launching the game was OK
    I then updated KA from appstore
    I opened the latest KA version 3.1
    same permanent error "cannot connect to server. You must have access to the internet to use this application"

my other 3 devices were NEVER logged on to GC, I logged on to the new GC id
    updated KA from appstore
    these 3 devices were correctly linked to KA

So if your device is signed in to a Game Center account, then DO NOT change your game center account or you will lose your KA account when you upgrade to the new KA version and you then press the link this device button.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    a small follow up on my previous post

I found back my lost accounts after I updated one of my accounts to the new KA version and linked it to my old Game Center account. I even had access to KA accounts that were on devices that had not yet upgraded to the latest KA version, but on which I was signed in on the same (old) game center account.

So even though version 3.1 of KA allows you to switch between accounts, the actual linking between KA and Game Center appears to already happen with version 3.0 of KA.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think hunk the issue is that once your game is linked to a Game Center account, you can't link it to another Game Center account.