Why you might have lost your account when linking

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you might have lost your account when linking

Post Count

Why you might have lost your account when linking

This is just a theory but if you are using game centre linking on a device where you have an older version of game centre, the one with the green craps table stop!

The version in IOS 8 is different, it has a white background. My guess is that the older version isn't 100% compatible with this new feature since it is a much older version.

I lost the original account on an iPad first gen when I linked another account to this device, it seems the new account may have permanently over written the original account data which up till now was a hidden file on your device and why when you delete the app you could always get your old account back most times.

Once the original account is over written game centre nukes it from it's list so you cannot recover it! Why experimenting with creating multiple accounts on one device is likely a fatal mistake.

Now what I am not 100% sure about is if this is limited to IOS 5 or it will happen to IOS 6 game centres since they also have the older looking app. But my gut feeling is if you want to try linking and running a different account on your IOS device only do it from the game centre in IOS 8, I have not tested IOS 7. But if you have a version of the game centre whose background is the gren craps table I would not try it!

You seem to able to link your accounts fine in IOS 6 but I would not try logging out of the original account and into a different one linked to your game centre account untill gree actually starts to restore lost accounts.

So gree should be able to restore your old account just like in the old days when you send in a ticket although the reply I got from support I need to read again because I'm not sure.

For those that lost accounts, what version of IOS were you running?
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 12-14-2014 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Typo
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor Front Runner NL's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    For those that lost accounts, what version of IOS were you running?
    I lost my account after I clicked the start-up option to link my game to the game center.
    Running iOS 7.1.1.

MW-ID: 265-458-251, please PM me and I will add you.
    Currently at L150+
    Got the BEAR, TIGER, ABJ, Deadly Jet Pilot

CC-ID: 922-908-129 (L100+).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Still no game. I hate this please help Gree. I get more help from the government.

Post Count
    I'm running iOS 7.1.2...can not retrieve account

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Same. Restored ipad nothing. I made new game. Then lost that as well. Never ending loop of lost games. Make a new one. Come back it's lost. I can't believe this.

Post Count
    Now that is interesting, the account that over wrote the original account on my iPad came from the iPhone running 7.1.2.

Now that I think about it I think I might have opened the now lost account on that iPhone so wonder if IOS 7 is the connection. Odd too since that version of game centre looks like the version in IOS 8 but maybe not.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by thescondo View Post
    Same. Restored ipad nothing. I made new game. Then lost that as well. Never ending loop of lost games. Make a new one. Come back it's lost. I can't believe this.
    Was this on IOS 8?
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    I originally thought my game was lost but after some research about Game Center I realized that when I linked the game I linked it to an old Game Center account. Your game will link to the original Game Center account that was there when you first started the game.

So now I have one game on each of my accounts and from everything I've read you cannot transfer apps between Game Center accounts.

Basically I'm back to either having to run each game on different devices or logging into different Game Center accounts.

Not sure if this fits others situation but thought I would let others know what I found.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bloving View Post
    I originally thought my game was lost but after some research about Game Center I realized that when I linked the game I linked it to an old Game Center account. Your game will link to the original Game Center account that was there when you first started the game.

So now I have one game on each of my accounts and from everything I've read you cannot transfer apps between Game Center accounts.

Basically I'm back to either having to run each game on different devices or logging into different Game Center accounts.

Not sure if this fits others situation but thought I would let others know what I found.
    You are right! I had thought I had set up the new game centre account before I launched MW 5 but looking back at an old post I think I started to launch but quit. I had assumed I had stopped in time but obviously not. Once I figured out what my old game centre ID was I got the account back.

On IOS 5 I was able to use my old none email id. Interesting, and thanks!
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    You are right! I had thought I had set up the new game centre account before I launched MW 5 but looking back at an old post I think I started to launch but quit. I had assumed I had stopped in time but obviously not. Once I figured out what my old game centre ID was I got the account back.

On IOS 5 I was able to use my old none email id. Interesting, and thanks!
    I lost my game on iOS 8. But my original game was hooked to the device with the older looking version of Game Center. I did save the account to this version of Game Center. But I still lost it.
    “Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgment difficult.”
    -Hippocrates

Post Count
    I fixed it and my game is back!! Yay!

Anyone running ios8.

-Sign out of Game Center on your device. (Game Center is under the Apple settings icon)
    -Sign in using old Game Center info. Where it asks for add ole ID ignore it. Just out in your old email you used and old password
    -open the game. The new account that appeared when you lost your game will be there
    -it will say account detected. Link to this device? Hit yes. I know, it's scary.
    -the game crashed on first startup, then loaded my game the second time

If you are running earlier versions of iOS
    - go to the Game Center icon on your screen.
    - tap "me" at the bottom and sign out
    - sign in with your old Game Center email and password (think waaaay back)
    -open the app and follow instructions above.

Thanks agent orange for the talk back and forth that helped me figure it out on my device. Nice.
    “Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience deceptive, judgment difficult.”
    -Hippocrates

Lurker
    Post Count
    I had IOS 8 on all 3 of my devices and lost main account. My two minis are now on all 3 devices.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbytone View Post
    I had IOS 8 on all 3 of my devices and lost main account. My two minis are now on all 3 devices.
    I did too. But follow the instructions above for iOS 8. Your main account was likely linked to the old version of Game Center.

I have passed this along to friends and it worked for them too.
    -Hippocrates

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Zulu View Post
    I fixed it and my game is back!! Yay!

Anyone running ios8.

-Sign out of Game Center on your device. (Game Center is under the Apple settings icon)
    -Sign in using old Game Center info. Where it asks for add ole ID ignore it. Just out in your old email you used and old password
    -open the game. The new account that appeared when you lost your game will be there
    -it will say account detected. Link to this device? Hit yes. I know, it's scary.
    -the game crashed on first startup, then loaded my game the second time

If you are running earlier versions of iOS
    - go to the Game Center icon on your screen.
    - tap "me" at the bottom and sign out
    - sign in with your old Game Center email and password (think waaaay back)
    -open the app and follow instructions above.

Thanks agent orange for the talk back and forth that helped me figure it out on my device. Nice.
    This worked perfectly my 3 year old account was gone followed the steps added my old info and got my account back......it was a beautiful sight
    Thanks BZ your the best!!!
    Have you loved your llama today?

Post Count

If you lost your game try this

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...t-when-linking

Look at this thread^^^^ and follow the instructions at the bottom. It's worked so far.

Hope this helps anyone else who lost their game. Mine is back, and I'm glad. Hope yours will be too.
    -Hippocrates