GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [Official Feedback] Epic Boss Meets Hero Equip

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    HERO STRENGTH DOES make your damage go up on the Epic Boss. Now I'm NOT saying it's much but I just added 1 to HERO STRENGTH and my damage went up by 1 pt. So yes, this is one part they did say would matter in EB is HERO STRENGTH. It's the RB that is HERO ATTACK and is where EVERYONE will have issues since until then those meaning ATTACK/DEFENSE had no meaning. So on that note, GREE I hope you figure a way to release the skill pt reset option ASAP or before the RB event starts or it will be what your seeing ALL OVER AGAIN and that event I know is y'all's biggest $ maker besides war.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaDon View Post
    HERO STRENGTH DOES make your damage go up on the Epic Boss.
    Of course it does. I could have told you that.

Take your Total Power attack stat (on the Hero Equip tab) and add it to 1/2 your Hero Strength. Round up or down ads necessary. This is your gold hit value damage.

Total Power Attack + (1/2)Hero Strength = Gold hit
    0.67 x Gold hit = free hit
    1.5 x Gold hit = gem hit
    Last edited by the_bob; 12-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Hello Kingdom Age players,

Thank you for all your feedback on our changes to the Epic Boss event. We really appreciate all the replies and look into changes based on your concerns.

The changes to this event were never intended to make you feel like we are ignoring all of the hard work that you have put into your armies but rather meant to give value to the new hero items that players have been working hard to craft and collect. Without meaningful uses for those new items, such as major events like Epic Boss, the new features and items would not be creating any value for players. We still value your armies and the hard work you have put into creating them, which is why the majority of our events are still centered around those stats.

With that said, we also want to be able to challenge our player base in new ways to prevent the game from becoming stale and repetitive. Many of our dedicated long time players have maxed out in one way or another and we want to offer opportunities for all players to continue to grow and progress in Kingdom Age. We know this is a large change to one of our longest running events and that change can be difficult, but we hope you can understand why some of these changes are necessary to extend the longevity of the game.

We understand that the community has felt ignored and unimportant in the past and we are working to change that going forward. We will continue to engage with the community to modify and update events so that you, the players, can still enjoy and be challenged by our live events. Your feedback will be taken into heavy consideration for tuning the Epic Boss event going forward as it would not be fare to reactively make changes to the current event which players have already spent time and money on.

We hope that you as the community will continue to support us and help us make this game better. We look forward to providing you with new experiences and adventures in 2015.
    Unofficial translation/intetpretation of gree words based on players sentiments
    1- we need players to level up, that is why XP is 10* boss level
    2- we need to reduce number of player that can finish EB free
    3- we need to increase gem spending by players and this EB fullfill that need
    4- we soend too much creating crafting and now we need players to spend more gems to recover our investment, that is why we are having 100% gem oriented crafting event

Merry xmas KA, next year will be better (cross my heart and hope to die)
    Last edited by truthteller; 12-12-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Thank you for all your feedback on our changes to the Epic Boss event. We really appreciate all the replies and look into changes based on your concerns.

The changes to this event were never intended to make you feel like we are ignoring all of the hard work that you have put into your armies but rather meant to give value to the new hero items that players have been working hard to craft and collect. Without meaningful uses for those new items, such as major events like Epic Boss, the new features and items would not be creating any value for players. We still value your armies and the hard work you have put into creating them, which is why the majority of our events are still centered around those stats.

With that said, we also want to be able to challenge our player base in new ways to prevent the game from becoming stale and repetitive. Many of our dedicated long time players have maxed out in one way or another and we want to offer opportunities for all players to continue to grow and progress in Kingdom Age. We know this is a large change to one of our longest running events and that change can be difficult, but we hope you can understand why some of these changes are necessary to extend the longevity of the game.

We understand that the community has felt ignored and unimportant in the past and we are working to change that going forward. We will continue to engage with the community to modify and update events so that you, the players, can still enjoy and be challenged by our live events. Your feedback will be taken into heavy consideration for tuning the Epic Boss event going forward as it would not be fare to reactively make changes to the current event which players have already spent time and money on.

We hope that you as the community will continue to support us and help us make this game better. We look forward to providing you with new experiences and adventures in 2015.
    The problem is that even with the best equipment, it's taking many gold hits to kill these bosses. My games have the best hero equipment you can craft, and it just took me 9 gold hits for boss 87. That boss also gave me @ 900 xp. NINE HUNDRED XP.....that's insane.
    I have multiple games, three of which are levels 209-213, so I suppose I'll go to 100 with them. I'm going to have to stop at boss 73 on the other game, now level 154.

By the way, last EB I could kill the level 100 bosses with free hits. 3, 3, 4 and 6 hits respectively.

The concept of using Hero strength is not too bad, but since we all already have the best equipment, and there is no way to improve on the equipment, the boss has way too much health, and gives way too much experience.

Reduce the xp by 90%, and at least level the Boss' health out at maybe 5000 instead of 10,250, and we might have a viable event. Not this time. I just hope that we don't have a mass retirement for the game over this, like we did after the first "new stat" war.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

We hope that you as the community will continue to support us and help us make this game better.
    Don't count on our support. When you blatantly ignore customer feedback and put in ridiculous changes that are almost universally hated, there isn't much left for us to support.

Post Count

Translation ... Suck it up suckers , go with the flow and bring more money in for our christmas bonuses . FY GREE
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Post Count

So, you are basically saying that you hear us, but you don't really care. This is the future of KA and live with it or don't play. I also hear that you may change it in the future, but it is unlikely and it will be filled with other bugs.

The proof is in what the developers do. I respect that KA had to change and that you will not modify an event mid-stream, but it must be tuned going forward. This one was an Epic Fail (sorry to use a cliche here) and a horrible event. Listen to your customers or watch us walk away.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    GREE!

I am calling Bull$4$%4

Ok... I will humor your idiotic notion that you want to value crafting and make this an exciting element of the game (dumb idea but will continue down this path for argument sake)... OK so lets add up all the best equipment we can craft:

Shaman Hood 66 attack
    Wizard Rob 106 attack
    Soldier Boots 86 attack
    Foliage Falchion 200 attack
    Rusted Gauntlets 44 attack x2

total attack 546

This equates to about 600 EB attack using gold (depends on your heroic Skill points but I am using an average).

***THAT IS 17 GOLD HITS on a lvl 100 boss (~10,200 health)***
    REALLY!!!!!!!!!

Now lets talk about Heroic Equipment. You have not offered decent weapons or armor prizes in quite some time. And the ones you have offered most of us have (shadow sword or Infinity Sword) and Dark Stone Armor (tangent: why they heck is 1000 kills in war a weak and terrible weapon or armor - these should have been better than the best that is out there not significantly weaker). So we are all about the same in attack (AND YOU KNOW THIS). So the one item that you tightly control (Heroic equipment) is now the center of this new event. I will once again call it for what it is... A PLOY TO BILK US FOR MORE MONEY, plain and simple. We are tired of the lies and the "marketing". I would at least respect an honest answer. what you present is Bull$4$%4
    Last edited by Mattman@WLD; 12-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Co-founder of Warlord (WLD)
    WLD War placement: TOP 3
    Guild code: 885578648
    KA Ally Code: 776-075-625

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yawn.......I said eff this and decided not to do it. Former heavy gemmer, now a spectator. Stop tweaking(ruining) the fun events by giving out crappier prizes that are harder to obtain regardless of your investment level. Kudos on the player swap feature. It's about 1.5 years overdue.

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is a joke i dont understand.
    I cannot rmember that we the comunity have been asked before doing very stupid things.
    Even if we are asked after, GREE does not listen at all.

A tip about auto equip, yes instead of 13 hits you may need only 12 hits to kill a boss, very helpfull.
    But most did know before.
    And never put auto equip on as it does not equip the best balance alltimes, during war i go new but worse items which were eqipped.
    The Red Baron TRB

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    To summarize, the changes to EB have increased time and gems to complete, or try to complete, EB; XP has increased so people are leveling faster; prizes aren't as good; and more players have quit trying EB, or even the game. Sounds like business as usual at GREE.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree,

Here are some key suggestions

- Do not change raid boss - it is finally to a place where top 25/50 guilds can finish. It still requires gems and a lot of planning for them. Let them enjoy it and don't compound the issues.

-keep big picture perspective- we know you need to make money - but the big spenders who could do epic boss free were still spending tons of gems during war. Chasing them away is penny wise but pound foolish.

-have a fix in place by next epic boss. I have convinced most to give it one more chance.

-I understand wanting to incorporate the new stuff. I would suggest adding a significant factor for army attack to your formula, maybe 100 points per 100M attack. You still may need to crank the difficulty down a bit. When players go from 1-2 free hits for a level 100 boss to 16-20 gold hits they are understandably quite upset.

-lower the xp by a factor of ten. This is absurd as is.

I think these are all reasonable suggestions that fit within your criteria. But know that all are watching closely.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thank you Jomomma! Great suggestions (especially the Raid Boss point)

I will add one more to the Epic Boss:

Since GREE is now stating they WILL NOT move EB back to the old format, then I would suggest you bring back UNIT Totals into the equation. Here is how it could be done:

- Currently I have Heroic Equipment that gives 620 attack points
    - My Gold hit is 699
    - My attack is 1.45B. If you multiply this by 0.00000015, you would get ~217 points.
    - If you add this my new gold hit would be ~916 (699+217=916).

This would take into account all the hard word people have previously put into the building up a strong account. But it would still highly value the Heroic element in the equation (for me it would be a 75/25% split).

I would suggest a much higher factor but recognize you would have disregarded the idea all together if the total went over 1,000 hit points for each gold hit.
    Last edited by Mattman@WLD; 12-13-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Agree Mattman.

We are on the same wavelength. I suggested 100 points per 100M attack and you suggested 15. I think the higher number may be needed to calm folks down (especially if that was free hit adder). With a 10K level 100 boss, Gree needs to get it a bit closer to what folks were used to. In fact it should be higher. A 2B stat player should be able to get it at least back to 4-5 free hits if he has good equipment. He was doing 2-3 before.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Agree Mattman.

We are on the same wavelength. I suggested 100 points per 100M attack and you suggested 15. I think the higher number may be needed to calm folks down (especially if that was free hit adder). With a 10K level 100 boss, Gree needs to get it a bit closer to what folks were used to. In fact it should be higher. A 2B stat player should be able to get it at least back to 4-5 free hits if he has good equipment. He was doing 2-3 before.
    Sorry about that... I somehow missed your point the first time through. Cheers mate!