Dev Notes: Week of December 8, 2014 - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 8, 2014

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by psyconaz View Post
    Are we going to receive a sorry package or anything for compensation for the people who are locked out?

Also can we have a list of what you will give us please?
    I do not think that compensation package shall be issued for multiple reasons:
    1. It will be hard to identify who was locked all this time, who was partially locked and who is just will be for a ride.
    2. It will not be fair to other players who spent gold and time to get their prizes.
    3. Relativity few people are locked and in case for example our faction we let most of them stay in faction and collect faction prizes so they missed just indies. So it will be even harder to differentiate.
    4. However frustrating and annoying it was to be locked those folks did not spent a single bar of gold so they really did not lose financially.
    So solution could be issue package to all MW players. It would be a good gesture but unless they are some tangible items like health or energy regen few stats boosting give aways are meaningless.
    One thing I would suggest that people who were locked did not buy gold on sale and probably missed their bonuses. I would issue some sort mid term good gold sale and may be let folks who were locked receive bonuses in the middle of the months if they are been properly vetted.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    We expect that the iOS 5.0 release will let almost all the locked-out players back in, but unfortunately, fixing the problem there exposed a new bug - new assets won't download correctly from the server for those players.

COME ONE GUYS! WTF

When is the damn 5.0 release coming.... and what does it mean that it will let "almost all the locked-out players back in..."

Why would locked-out players NOT be allowed back in? If I have a iPhone 4S, does that mean the fix won't help me?
    Last edited by Ranger89; 12-08-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves

**edit**

If 5.0 will not work properly why not wait and have the bugs fixed before you release it? To me this just proves you guys realease updates knowing they have problems...
    EXACTLY: Inguiring minds would like an answer to this very same ? For months now.
    I guess what Gree is telling us is that bug free events and updates is out of their realm of capabilities!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What is the latest on 5.0. Is it coming or not?
    Health Regen 35%
    infantry attack 35%
    infantry defense 35%
    Ground attack 35%
    Ground Defense 35%
    Air Attack 35%
    Air Defense 35%
    Sea Attack 35%
    Sea Defense 35%
    Building Defense 35%
    Building Output 35%
    Guild member increases + 40

The Fisher Clan (a private invite only faction for families)

My Id 649 796 085
    My id 716 502 654
    12.8 billion iph
    3.6 bb attack
    6.26 bb defense

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    I do not think that compensation package shall be issued for multiple reasons:
    1. It will be hard to identify who was locked all this time, who was partially locked and who is just will be for a ride.
    2. It will not be fair to other players who spent gold and time to get their prizes.
    3. Relativity few people are locked and in case for example our faction we let most of them stay in faction and collect faction prizes so they missed just indies. So it will be even harder to differentiate.
    4. However frustrating and annoying it was to be locked those folks did not spent a single bar of gold so they really did not lose financially.
    So solution could be issue package to all MW players. It would be a good gesture but unless they are some tangible items like health or energy regen few stats boosting give aways are meaningless.
    One thing I would suggest that people who were locked did not buy gold on sale and probably missed their bonuses. I would issue some sort mid term good gold sale and may be let folks who were locked receive bonuses in the middle of the months if they are been properly vetted.
    Actually not hard to indicate who has been locked out. They will use peoples last login date in accordance to the release of v4.5. And those people are owed something considering it isn't just prizes they missed. They (locked out people) are owed a ton from gree. And no I'm not locked out.
    TKM - OFFICER

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Doubt there will be any package,find it hard to imagine they would give to some without all!
    What about some who were locked out but are back in now?What about some who are just getting logging issues affecting how they can play events?What about the Android users who missed Wrapper on last events with a lock out?
    Be nice if GREE done something but with so many errors occurring where do they start/stop.
    I was locked out but managed to load the 4.4 version which works fine,I hope you guys get your game back soon.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What could possibly be done to be fair to all players who have suffered this current lockout?

.....too simple....

Should have axed every event during this lockout. The players who have not been locked out would not have been able to get a month head-start on the people who have been locked out, therefore, no compensation packages would be needed.

No, people who have not been locked out probably shouldn't have to pay the price for the people who have been locked out, but on the same token, players who have been locked out shouldn't fall behind in the rat race because of an error on the programmer end.

No events during crisis = no compensation packages.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'd like to think Gree would give us something for being locked out so long. Many of us not able to get back in. Checking on cash collection may be another method to see who's been out so long. They must know when it last happened, since they still give me the messages to boost my defense buildings and get revenge! If only I could do that...

And it would all be so much easier if we could just get in...

Or know when the release might be coming...
    but...nothing.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    A decent approach Merc, but too late for that on this round.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    What could possibly be done to be fair to all players who have suffered this current lockout?

.....too simple....

Should have axed every event during this lockout. The players who have not been locked out would not have been able to get a month head-start on the people who have been locked out, therefore, no compensation packages would be needed.

No, people who have not been locked out probably shouldn't have to pay the price for the people who have been locked out, but on the same token, players who have been locked out shouldn't fall behind in the rat race because of an error on the programmer end.

No events during crisis = no compensation packages.
    Now that I agree with,some have gained an advantage while others are locked out,however some have had to do more then their share to compensate for those locked out.
    Another reason compensation cannot be just for a few,the shutdown of all events while this has been going on would have been the best solution,sadly never likely to happen....
    Hobbsie

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I appreciate this update very much, THANK YOU
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Why do i not care any longer?

Development Team
    Post Count
    5.0 is here!

5.0 for iOS should be available to everyone now, and Android will see a phased roll-out that we're expecting to be completed by around 11 am tomorrow morning. Please keep in mind that we're in Pacific time, so all dates and times should be adjusted as appropriate for your local time zone.

We know that this build might have some issues (as noted above) around asset downloading for players who were locked out, but please do update and try to log in if you were experiencing those issues. We've put in some logging that will help us diagnose any remaining problems.

Thanks for sticking with us - I know this has been really frustrating for a lot of you, and we're working hard to try to regain your trust.

(You can see the build notes for this version here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...odern-War-v5-0)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    good morning,
    I've just updated the game, the new style on "My Profile" or "Rivals Profile" are improved, now whe can see the complete stats.

can you just put a . in the stats??

example: it show my attack 1052635706
    can you set a different view like: 1.052.635.706
    in the IPH too... it's so lame if we have to count manually all stats every time!

thanks
    (sorry for my english...)

Post Count
    Commas ... He means, learn how to use commas. Do I need to post the code?