Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Sats have been a great addition till you stopped the ability to get the core items to build Sats.... any idea when essential Sat parts will be available again

my units at outpost alpha on server 4 have been stuck for 16 hours

Updating thread again, work was momentarily paused.

Posted this ages ago, but i've been talking about this with quite a lot of people and all like the idea:

Create a world with a monthly subscription fee ($10 or whatever) but no gold/coining.

This would re-create the early game experience but at the fairly low-paced speed the game was originally designed for. You'd probably have to tune down the event rewards substantially and increase them gradually again as the world gets older.

The upside would be a well-defined fixed income from that world. Subscribers leaving or entering the world would be a clear indication on how well received any changes are.

This business model would introduce some stability, both in-game but also in the paying customer base.

So far I've met no one who had anything bad to say about this idea. We all know how addictive this game is so a free first month would probably get a whole bunch of subrscibers hooked up right away

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGameSucks View Post
    Posted this ages ago, but i've been talking about this with quite a lot of people and all like the idea:

Create a world with a monthly subscription fee ($10 or whatever) but no gold/coining.

This would re-create the early game experience but at the fairly low-paced speed the game was originally designed for. You'd probably have to tune down the event rewards substantially and increase them gradually again as the world gets older.

The upside would be a well-defined fixed income from that world. Subscribers leaving or entering the world would be a clear indication on how well received any changes are.

This business model would introduce some stability, both in-game but also in the paying customer base.

So far I've met no one who had anything bad to say about this idea. We all know how addictive this game is so a free first month would probably get a whole bunch of subrscibers hooked up right away
    I completely agree with this. The freemium model makes sense in a single-player game, but in a multi-player game a subscription model makes a ton more sense. I bet you the top players from every world would love to get a chance to play a competitive game against the best from elsewhere.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGameSucks View Post

Interesting. I'm adding that, thank you for your feedback.

and once again i bring up the lack of confirm box.... one bit of lag and i accidentally instant build 500 helicopters using up 1200 gold.

and is there any reason why the box event rewards are now terrible?

I'm completely unable to chat, when I click the chat box and attempt to type anything it simply selects a message within the chat box.

There is a confirmation setting for units in your settings, but none for buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by phalanx1337 View Post
    and once again i bring up the lack of confirm box.... one bit of lag and i accidentally instant build 500 helicopters using up 1200 gold.

and is there any reason why the box event rewards are now terrible?

Where has holdout gone? It's a favorite event of many and hasn't been seen lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisu View Post
    Where has holdout gone? It's a favorite event of many and hasn't been seen lately.
    Gree canceled it because it's not making enough money...

Well said. The first freemium apps were made for single player games for those who did not want to spend so much time but wish to progress faster in the game. That is fine in a single player game cos you are just playing with yourself. In a multiplayer game, a freemium model just means whoever spends more will outdo his competitors. It is again fine if a ceiling/cap that can be realistically reached is imposed, but not when otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bostoncard View Post
    I completely agree with this. The freemium model makes sense in a single-player game, but in a multi-player game a subscription model makes a ton more sense. I bet you the top players from every world would love to get a chance to play a competitive game against the best from elsewhere.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kerean View Post
    Well said. The first freemium apps were made for single player games for those who did not want to spend so much time but wish to progress faster in the game. That is fine in a single player game cos you are just playing with yourself. In a multiplayer game, a freemium model just means whoever spends more will outdo his competitors. It is again fine if a ceiling/cap that can be realistically reached is imposed, but not when otherwise.
    this is why the game is failing, most game makers of multiplayer strategy games stick to one basic rule don't give gold players anything that the freemium players cannot get in time. Clash of clans is one good example their is zero content that a gold player can have that a non gold player cannot get in time ( all be it a very long time ....) Gree failed to follow that one basic rule which is why worlds are drying up new players cannot catch up because gold players ( big players that win events) have content they will never have. Gree got greedy and made players greedy as well now they expect fantastic new commanders from every event that 95% of the players will never get. The basic structure of the game has been rotten for 2 years or more and their is no way to fix it, it can be improved but the basics can only be patched up, worlds that rank players will help a lot, but the flawed basic structure will always rot the game. Gree if you want to fix things in this game start new worlds that stick to the one unbreakable rule no content that is limited or only available in events, and all content has to be collectable over time. No super rare commander types or one off items that freemium players can never get.... Find ways to pay for the game from other systems speed boosts from advert clicking subscriptions for improved UI overlays, these are all in other games....

I am not sure if this will be seen, but I think that the Cross World Event (XWorld) would be a much more enjoyable event if you could restrict the "Declare War" button to a Captain rank or above. Our alliance (and I doubt we are alone) suffers from "mystery" button pushers. Keeping it to the high level ranks would allow for better control from leadership and keep trigger happy newbies from entering war. This seems like it would be easy to enact and I imagine most would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Orme View Post
    I am not sure if this will be seen, but I think that the Cross World Event (XWorld) would be a much more enjoyable event if you could restrict the "Declare War" button to a Captain rank or above. Our alliance (and I doubt we are alone) suffers from "mystery" button pushers. Keeping it to the high level ranks would allow for better control from leadership and keep trigger happy newbies from entering war. This seems like it would be easy to enact and I imagine most would appreciate it.
    Hi Brad!
    Welcome to the forums!

Very good suggestion! Thanks for posting.

Yes, we see all, hehe!
    Line ID: clementine88