New Epic Boss

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Epic Boss

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

New Epic Boss

Thread closed before I could post this. Please include army attack as a factor in epic boss. People have spent thousands of dollars to build up big armies and should see value from that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Agree completely, making that change would only piss off all the gem spenders who have spent so much time building there army's. This would be a huge mistake, I guarantee it!!

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The changes to Epic Boss are meant as a way to bring something new to the game and reengage players in this event without having to replace it with a new event type. Our active players with giant armies who have been playing the game for a long time will have hero items powerful enough to compete, if not dominate, in the event as they always have. While we have chosen our oldest single event to get this revamp player's armies are in no way devalued as they still play a major part in Raid Boss and Conquest events.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    EB has been going on for a long time now. I remember the first epic boss was a Giant with main prize being something like a 500/500 stat unit. It is a lot of players favorite event especially now with these new drops. If you want to revamp a old event think you should focus on box event players least favorite event. Feel changing EB to hero equipment stat would make this event very disappointing, and go back to the way it was. Where it was very hard to complete without throwing a bunch of gems at it. Your right top player might have a little stronger hero equipment stat but not by that much . There is a range of bout 4000-9000 Hero stat range in the L200+ no matter army stat, and unless these bosses have really low health this will be extremely tough event for all. Low level players want have a chance either.
    Last edited by Cloud22; 12-03-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hi Derez

but hero stats (hero attack and defense) are still also driven by skill points allocated to army attack/defense. Without any possibility to reallocate those there is a huge difference even having the best hero equipment available.

So if you consider hero stats all people who have not put the majority of skill points into army attack/def will have a disadvanatge without any option to correct this.

I see that you want to put weight on the different metrics and it makes sense but you first should correct the wrong coding and allow people to allocate a big metric driving factor (the skill points) before you apply those things.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Hi Derez,

All of your big spenders have spent years and thousands of dollars to get to a point where they can slice through epic bosses. I am personally pleased to be able to hit a level 100 with three free hits and don't begrudge those who can do it in one. None of us want to make it harder or level the field against those who have spent less time and money. You should honor that. You need to think smaller changes. People's armies should help. Many people missed out on the hero attack bonuses as they were prepping minis for war and avoiding quest xp. Now they are high stat players, but will fail on epic boss. I implore you not to do this. You will see another wave of mass retirements of your biggest spenders.

Lets be honest here. It is a pipe dream to think you will revamp this game and get a lot of fresh new blood. Honor and respect those who continue to invest their time and money and play this game obsessively.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    You cannot destroy the sense of accomplishment that your big spenders have. These changes will do that.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Epic Boss changes

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    You cannot destroy the sense of accomplishment that your big spenders have. These changes will do that.
    I have to agree with Jo. I'm one of those that have spent more money than I want to count and can "slice through" epic bosses with 2 free attacks. To have this instead using my very average Hero attack will be extremely disappointing. With next to no way to improve my hero attack currently, I will already be behind come the next Epic Boss event when these changes occur. I've received ALL the vouchers and completed every materials crate event and can still not craft much besides the best pair of boots that I finished yesterday. Now I am out of materials until I can somehow get many more crates.

I've seen elite RK members (I'm a former member myself) with hero equip attack which is far above mine. I too have allocated my skill points to Hero Strength until now. I'm anxious at best to see some of these new changes which will cause me to more or less start over on the stats that I've worked very hard to build.

If I see an epic boss event that will cause me to spend mountains of gems for prizes that are at current levels, please know that I will NOT use my gems on it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Belgario, if you put your points into Hero Strength you should do all right. The statement from Derez was:

NEW EPIC BOSS
    The next Epic Boss event will be rebalanced to use only Hero Equip stats (+ Hero Strength + Hero Attack Bonus.)

So, those points will count.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Am going to guess epic boss health will be lowered from the billions to something a lot less?
    Daily player

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Yes, they said much lower.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The issue is not that the high stat players can't do it. The issue is that they spent thousands of dollars developing primary stats so they could do it easily and now face the prospect of that changing. And in an arbitrary manner where some will be able to finish but others will be back at square 1. A change that will mostly hurt those who played smartest over the last few years.

Primary stats have been for three things, EB, RB, WAR. Your war calculation change has devalued their use in war and now you propose to make them completely for EB. This is a slap in the face to the time and money your most loyal players have invested. What is the point of fighting for these war units if they are useless for epic boss????? Alll over the KA community the talk of increased retirements has heightened with this news. Nobody has reacted positively.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 12-04-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Too late Jo. The exodus is in full effect.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    Too late Jo. The exodus is in full effect.
    If these events become tougher for high stat/big spenders then the exodus will go into overdrive.

Post Count
    Congrats GREE on making EB impossible for EVERYONE!!!!