Do You REALLY want 7 days of WD? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you want 7 days of WD - or a holiday?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes bring it on - 7 days is barely long enough!!

32 11.51%
  • No, give us a holiday! 4 days off would be great!

231 83.09%
  • I don't care one way or the other

15 5.40%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You REALLY want 7 days of WD?

Post Count
    would like to have off between x-mas und new years eve
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Anyone who says yes either has no life, too much money or is doing it to simply take the piss

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobar View Post
    would like to have off between x-mas und new years eve
    I suspect many will take the time off they require to do the things they choose to do.
    This is a game, not a profession.
    You invest your time, while some invest their money and time, to relax.
    Despite what some may think, this isn't life and death, do or die.

I've already arranged my travel plans, and I'm excited what I'll be doing starting December 20th through January 2nd.

Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Senseless Beatings, Greedy Greemass, Cheery Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kool Kwanzaa, and Neat New Year to everyone.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    All these people saying no, but will still all do it
    Why are you wasting your time typing, you will do the event and you will moan all the way through

Split the faction into 2 halves and rota it, have a fun war instead of all out serious

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzj10 View Post
    All these people saying no, but will still all do it
    Why are you wasting your time typing, you will do the event and you will moan all the way through

Split the faction into 2 halves and rota it, have a fun war instead of all out serious

I prefer to respect everyone's opinion, and I take the poster at his or her word.

If a person changes his or her mind deciding to tap, tap, tap for 168 hours; none of my business.

If a person changes his or her mind deciding NOT to tap, tap, tap for 168 hours; none of my business.

I type only for me, and I'll be otherwise engaged for the upcoming holiday period.

Not that anyone but me cares what I choose to do, but I'm just typing in with my useless (other than to me) opinion.

We are all free to choose our own poison, passion, or pleasure.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    btw does gree recognize this, as mods are out and went to facebook?
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobar View Post
    btw does gree recognize this, as mods are out and went to facebook?
    We are seeing a few Gree employees and volunteer mods occasionally participate in the forum.
    Frankly, I don't think Gree cares what we say here, as long as it doesn't get out of control.
    Gree has their agenda and are sticking to their plan.
    They are free to pursue whatever course of action they choose.
    That's how I roll.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=I Will Merc You;1429068]'Upper shelf' Factions can NOT stand down, in any War. They base the quality of their entire existence in duplicating past "successes" in achieving "real rewards".

Wrong. Some Upper Shelf factions have already announced it that no requirement exists to play next WD. Their Leaders have to balance a small incremental stat increase vs a loss of key players to defiance and burn out. Prospective members at that level are smart enough to know the "Christmas Masacre WD" rankings don't count.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Splat!;1429156]
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    'Upper shelf' Factions can NOT stand down, in any War. They base the quality of their entire existence in duplicating past "successes" in achieving "real rewards".

Wrong. Some Upper Shelf factions have already announced it that no requirement exists to play next WD. Their Leaders have to balance a small incremental stat increase vs a loss of key players to defiance and burn out. Prospective members at that level are smart enough to know the "Christmas Masacre WD" rankings don't count.
    Perhaps you are right.

Perhaps you are wrong.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    For you "young bucks",

When the first WD was in Beta it was seven days. The developers actually listened to the testers and went to 3 days because that was a challenge but not a silly duration.
    Over time Gree stopped listening to the testers and we got a bunch of problems, the testers HATE the new "double strike" (as well as the other bugs we encountered).

We have a couple hundred of us discussing in a third party application. We sent Gree long letters and reviews..... It fell in deaf ears.

With 5.0 it is BADLY bugged. Between another jacked up "update" and this "special" WD. The number of teams boycotting is MASSIVE. I know a few teams will fight, and if your Genen your regen should be about 3:55 by my math (300pts/minute FREE) why not.

I guess the game is doomed, to bad because I have a stack of $100 iTunes cards 8 inches tall... I'll spend them on other games, movies, and books.
    Last edited by Junky; 12-03-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    I mentioned over here:

Our Developers will be providing some thoughts/details on the 7 Day WD during tomorrow's AMA, so please make sure to check that thread. I have communicated, repeatedly, just how the Community here feels, so hopefully they can speak on that tomorrow.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I'm not betting that the 7 day wd will be cancelled or cut short, but I am sure, contrary to popular belief, that they will take the public outcry seriously. I don't forsee a 7 day wd happening again.
    ...and for the record, I voted against a 7 day wd. waaaaay too much

Advanced Combat Experts - ACE
    Top 3 - Win all of the things. Now Recruiting! PM for info

Post Count
    no way 7 days...too long.

the 24 hr 30 min wars with quicker regen, that happened a while ago i thought worked well.

but a holiday would be nice..especially with xmas coming up, globally everyone will be busy to some sort of degree

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm lucky that I'm in a friendly lower ranked faction that only tries in WDs when they collectively want to.. Otherwise we just take it easy.. (always focus on other events thou) .. I'm wondering what it will do to people in the T25 factions. Will it cause gold burnouts, will any factions just say NO. I assume SUP will do as they always do, but i'm curious to see how others react.. Are any factions going gold free or are some players bowing out and returning after the WD. Only time can tell I suppose (if it happens)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm only got g to play my free hits regardless - so you can make it a 14 day event and you wouldn't get a shiney nickel out of me

if 90% of the folks would take this approach - there might be some real changes

maybe

but

probably not
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/