7 Day WD Event? - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Day WD Event?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    The first WDs were 5days or so. That was a lot! 7 days is way to much. It won't give people more chances to participate unless you limit the amount of battles each team gets to 60. Then teams could play a bit and everyone would be on the same level. It would cut the pressure to be in every battle and every hour for 7 days! Actually a max of 60 battles in 7 days Would Be better then it is now doing 50+battles in 3 days. Look at other games. They do something like this. CoC gives each player 2 battles in 24 hours and they fight when it's good for them. A 60 battle Max over 7 days would help things a lot!
    There has never been a 5 day WD.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.
    Since when does asking for a USA themed war mean it has to be over 2x as long as the normal wars... NOT ONE person here has thought this was a good idea... do you guys actually listen to anyone here?

Post Count
    A 7 day WD is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in this game and believe me Gree you do you some stupid things. Can Gree cancel Xmas for us so we can play MW?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    There has never been a 5 day WD.
    Maybe there was and I just repressed the horrible thing.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Maybe there was and I just repressed the horrible thing.
    Quite certain the first 2 WD events were 5 days. Everyone on here complained, just like they're doing now, which is why they changed it to 72 hours.

Lurker
    Post Count
    This is one of the Most ignorant Marketing ideas ever !!! I'm in a Top 25 Faction and spent my fair share on this game. Greedy....... You have crossed the line with your ignorance this time. A 7 day event??? Just before Christmas ? How is that even close to an idea. You won't be getting a penny from me during this 7 day event. Maybe one day you can actaully listen to the people who pay your salaries instead of dreaming up these great ideas in your heads that make no sense to anyone here, cmon guys actaully do something good for your gamers that spend money on this game. First start with making the game function right it's a total pile right now, it takes 5 min to log in and pray it doesn't crash and please and I mean please get rid of this 7 day event WD open your ears and listen to your clients it may actaully help your business.

Post Count
    It will be interesting to see just how psychoticly, insanely, horrendously, STUPIDLY ridiculous the Top 25 spend will be over that 7 days, battling for pixels and bragging rights, to reward Gree for their forethought to put out a 7 day event. They won't be able to help themselves, the nature of their addiction is so strong. Well played Gree. Well played.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    A 7 day WD event (last day is Xmas day in Australia) and an 18 hour LTB....way to show off those "listen to your customer" skills Gree.

Just pathetic.....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I'm in top 10/25. Top 5 last multiple FA. My faction, and I know for a fact many in the top 10 are talking very seriously about sitting this out already. Obviously no guarantees that a majority will, but some will for sure and more will follow, while others will I'm sure fall for this. All you are doing gree is making the remaining players you still have even more burnt out and more frustrated with you.

I have never seen the topics in our chatroom focus on Gree and how much they have done wrong by us. We have players who frequent in SUP getting locked out and having no contact with support. I think 6 long time members fully locked out taking up space and missing individual rewards. Top spenders literally unable to spend because the game takes them 10 minutes to load and then when they take an action like refill battle health it kicks them out of the game. Do they get any compensation for Gree's screw ups... no. Do they get any actual support staff trying to help them... no. Does anyone on the forum seem to listen or care... no. So guess what, many people have gone gold free or left the game altogether. Gree I can guarantee you that this insanely poorly thought out event will have the absolute opposite affect you want it to if you go through with it. Instead of a short boost in revenue, you will see a drop from a normal event, and on top of that you will force more players than ever to walk away.

Personally, my game is working moderately well aside from stupidly long load times and massive data storage. Small issues compared to many I know, which says a lot. Still though, based on the attitudes of the few Gree staff who bother to interact with us and the shown competencies of the company my vote in my faction is fully for sitting this one out. Grow some sense Gree and do the right thing here... maybe actually I don't know, show your customers who are still trying to hang in there through thick and thin that you care.

Post Count
    It will be a spendfest as people really cannot help themselves. Pure and simple. Gree know exactly what they're doing, and it's not giving people more time so they can sit the odd day out that's for sure. This will be a nice little Xmas bonus for Gree as teams go the extra yard to make sure they maintain their ranking and get those imaginary pixels at the end of the week. Well played Gree, well played.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Sounds like Gree is taking a week off for Christmas ( 7 day WD )
    It would have been better to do a 7 day PVP so all could play as they
    Had time too. And gave out prizes for that .

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Adding 7 days to WD event is like prolonging the pain and frustrations of people already dealing with unresolved technical issues on playing the game! It does not mean having more opportunities to participate given the longer time period, but definitely lead to player and faction fatigue with this event and more negative sentiments. Not to forget also likelihood of longer waiting times for match ups that will probably be unbalanced due to less participation when the event is 7 days long! If the idea is to give people more chances to get into a WD event during the holiday season, make one that is actually practical.

Here’s a light-bulb switched ON suggestion, why don’t you have an Individual 7-day WD event that overlap the 3-day faction WD event with the points gained from Individual performance contributing to the Faction tally? In fact you don’t have to rewrite too much coding, just dust off the ‘old’ Individual event (PVP) where one search for Rivals to attack for points. The only twist is the points gained should now count towards the Faction’s overall total for the final WD event. And Attacks or raids on same Faction members don't count. To me personally, this is a workable idea that more people can participate at their own conveince during holidays, definitely easier that getting faction members available at the same time to start a war. Of course, if the game logon and crashing issues is still unresolved, this idea would be a non starter as well as any other proposals.
    Last edited by NO_BS; 12-02-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: PVP

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by :!:"Lee":!: View Post
    Sounds like Gree is taking a week off for Christmas ( 7 day WD )
    It would have been better to do a 7 day PVP so all could play as they
    Had time too. And gave out prizes for that .

Yes, that was the name of the event, PVP. Already thinking along the same lines while I was typing out the proposal.

Lurker
    Post Count
    This is a pretty selfish idea on the part of the executives, who generally have no qualms about ignoring the wishes of their customers in favor of a more profitable bottom line now, rather than cultivating the game experience for maximum customer enjoyment in order to earn more money over a greater period of time.

I wish we could say that everyone who claims they'll be sitting this out will do so, but I have a bad feeling that there's quite a long list of factions that think they can place better this war due to the negative chatter. And when that ball starts rolling at the beginning of the event, everyone will fall right back in line and tap away. Gree knows and is counting on human nature to get the better of us all. Being the big fan of humanity that I am, especially at this, our most selfish and hate-fuelled time of year, I bet I'll see you around that fat guy's holiday!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Lmao. The top teams are the ones that will love this the most. Pretty sure that's their target on this one. You poor souls.

"A fool and his money are easily parted".

Ahem, just thinking out loud.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit