7 Day WD Event? - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 7 Day WD Event?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that is the problem...the 'new' coke in the boardroom..only thing that can explain blatant stupidity like this

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
    So, not only have they expanded the length of wd, but dramatically changed the formula that determines if you win an attack against a rival. Also coming at a very busy time of the year for many of its players. Sound judgment in that decision.

Did the guy who make this decision also make the decision to market New Coke back in the 80s? Maybe replace the sycophants in the board room that simply agree with boss and place someone that has a pulse on what the players want.

Oh wait, you are moving your energies over to social media rather than the forum. I'm sure that was also came from the New Coke guy.

Why do I have an image of Vizzini discussing the great blunders in history. Remember, never get into a land war in Asia or challenge a Sicilian when death is involved.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Great event, wish it's 14 days☠.........moo™������

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    This is not a clerical error. In order to celebrate our three year anniversary we thought it would be fun to have a weeklong event for the USA cycle. We hope you enjoy it!

Also, just to further get the word out, we're doing an AMA this week, so feel free to come with all your MW questions and we'll do our best to provide detailed answers.
    I guess Gree forgot about the first WD in Beta. Let me help you remember, it was designed to be a full week, it was a MISERABLE failure.
    Now that you think we forgot about it (we haven't) your going to try and milk that bull again.

Just be honest, WD is still your cash cow and instead of giving the players what they want you are making a patheticly sad, false logic justification saying this is for the players.

I know the war plan for my team is simple.... I have my 59 guys going "casual gameplay" for this one, everyone will be an officer and we will just stay in battle hitting when we want.
    Thanks for saving our top 10 gold; great move Gree

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I find it interesting that Clementine suggests the longer WD will somehow make it easier for players to take time off and limit their gameplay. The reason: Gree has also added the new feature where you have to participate in a minimum number of battles to get the rewards. I have no idea how many, but based on past experience it will be a challenging enough number to keep us glued to the screen to get it. This new development takes away the right of factions to set their own goals. A faction that played more laid back with low minimums because family time was more important now has to declare more often instead of once every 3 hours possibly. Perhaps this minimum participation will be an additional perk, like the wins goal, and not a full blown requirement, but from what I am hearing, it's not. Any clarification on that would be good.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    What Gree should do is cease all hostilities at the end of the LTB on the 22nd, put up a splash screen wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season and that they will see us again on the 27th for the next round of WD. Oh, and by the way here's an early Xmas present and Gree birthday present of Unit X with Stats A/D and Bonus Y as a thank you for all our patience over the year just gone.
    -
    Then we get a break from the treadmill and Gree get some solid time to fix all the bugs that 5.0 will introduce into the game. You know it will, we know it will, it just will. So give us all a break while you sort it out.
    -
    How's that for a novel idea and great way to celebrate the anniversary at Christmas? Certainly beats 7 days of WD hands down.
    letīs say "in January 2015" instead of 27th dec and this is great!
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    To echo this, please do not submit multiple tickets on the same issue in a short period of time. This will result in a serious delay in a response. We have received an exceptionally large number of tickets for Modern War due to the number of issues and the team is working hard to respond to them as quickly as possible. Thank you.
    Maybe if the tickets were getting resolved instead of blindly closed.....
    Heck, I know that if a ticket is closed by "R" that it will have a response that is 1) not related to my problem, 2) incorrect information, or 3) will gave no response.

Maybe tech/customer support could actually do their jobs. If my employees operated lime that, they would be in the unemployment line very quickly.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No sense in complaining. No one is listening, and even if Clementine were listening, her bosses are oblivious to us and won't change. A top 25 I was in announced the will not participate. No requirements and no gold pool. That will cost Gree $thousands$ in lost revenue. Just do the same. Don't play or play just a bit each day, when Convenient. Playing 7 days around the clock as Rhythm and Bruise wants us to do at Christmas time, is just stupid and family wrecking.

15% this and 10% that definitely don't amount to much. WD prizes are so poor, and worse than FL prizes anyways. Who cares. I'm skipping it for 1st time in 2 years. Do the same and problem is solved.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAtWorld View Post
    I find it interesting that Clementine suggests the longer WD will somehow make it easier for players to take time off and limit their gameplay. The reason: Gree has also added the new feature where you have to participate in a minimum number of battles to get the rewards. I have no idea how many, but based on past experience it will be a challenging enough number to keep us glued to the screen to get it. This new development takes away the right of factions to set their own goals. A faction that played more laid back with low minimums because family time was more important now has to declare more often instead of once every 3 hours possibly. Perhaps this minimum participation will be an additional perk, like the wins goal, and not a full blown requirement, but from what I am hearing, it's not. Any clarification on that would be good.
    Min participation is based off the number of attacks you have made.. During testing you needed to have 15 attacks.. Who knows what number they will introduce.. The sensible option would have been to make it a value that the leader can set... Not Gree.. But that would require people to listen, which I have been sadly let down on......

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    the choice is yours, why all the whining !!!.....moo

Community Manager
    Post Count
    I mentioned over here:

Our Developers will be providing some thoughts/details on the 7 Day WD during tomorrow's AMA, so please make sure to check that thread. I have communicated, repeatedly, just how the Community here feels, so hopefully they can speak on that tomorrow.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I mentioned over here:
    am still waiting for you to change to darker font color !!!....moo

Post Count
    Bump..............most players dont like to have a 7 day war during vacation time. Please change back into a regular 3 day war. Thanks.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    When you want to play 24 / 7 /365 it's OK

When you don't want it...
    Just switch off your phone, problem solved...
    If your team mates don't understand this you're in the wrong faction.
    War winner

Health Regen Time ; MAXX
    Ground Defence / Attack ; MAXX
    Air Defence / Attack ; MAXX
    Infantry Defence / Attack ; MAXX
    Sea Defense / Attack ; MAXX
    Building Defense ; MAXX
    Building Output ; MAXX
    Casualty rate ; MAXX
    Guild member ; + 40

Lurker
    Post Count

Thanks, But No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    This is not a clerical error. In order to celebrate our three year anniversary we thought it would be fun to have a weeklong event for the USA cycle. We hope you enjoy it!

Also, just to further get the word out, we're doing an AMA this week, so feel free to come with all your MW questions and we'll do our best to provide detailed answers.
    Milburn,

Thanks for both the reply to the post and guidance on where to go for more information. That said, no thanks to the idea of a 7 day war. While there are a few that like the idea, if you look at the majority of the comments you will see that they do not favor this idea. If this were a democracy, majority would rule but since Gree is a corporation then it is ruled by the almighty dollar......in the spirit of Christmas and as a 3 year anniversary present to your customers, let the majority rule for once.

Colonel K

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    2, 3, 6 or 7 days. Who cares? Personally, I love it. The week before Christmas is always quiet on the job, so more time for WD. Gree, don't listen to the whiners and keep the 7 day WD please!

And threatening with sitting out is getting old. I heard that numerous times in the past after another screw up from Gree but as always everybody will play. And Gree knows that. Why? Because we are all addicted to the game.