7 Day WD Event? - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Day WD Event?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    If you don't want to participate in the 7 day war then don't, it's pretty simple. Don't whine about it

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I'll probably get banned for saying this so I'll make it short and sweet.

Only way to get the message across is for everyone under top 10/25 to not participate and completely boycott the war. I highly doubt any of the top 5's will do this as their egos are more important than anything else, it's pretty simple.

To add to that the prizes in comparison to a gruelling 7 day war are absolutely pathetic. I'd be expecting at least 1 1 mil unit with an exceptionally good bonus, not some crappy 700k unit with the most pointless bonus ever of 3% alliance defence (due to stat inflation defence has become needless now)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Does it really matter what events are run?? LTQ, FLTQ, EB, FL or WD? Simply play when you can or want to... We all play to a limit that we choose, based on the factions we sit in... It's a game and fun. If it's not fun stop...
    Good faction leaders will understand real life balance. If your faction leaders don't then join a different faction.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    It's another Gree mess up of an event, just don't do it, or do as we are doing (and do every year around the holidays as it's just a phone game) and make it an optional experience for your team. The stats won't make huge changes if you drop a little as the next event will be better and stats don't mean much anyways now as everyone can beat their rivals in WD. And as people said this would be better between Xmas and new year when there is that 'lull' in festivities.

Post Count
    This seven day war at Christmas can in no way be considered a "celebration". Rethink this very bad idea Gree. Best would be a one day war.
    MW ID: Watash 435 054 538

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think it has been made clear that NO ONE wants a 6/7 day long war. It's an absurd decision and it needs rectifying ASAP. If you guys live your real lives with nothing else better to do other than sit as computerised zombies that will mindlessly stare at a computer all day long watching the income roll in a week before Christmas, then shame on you because remember, the MW community, YOUR customers, do have lives....real lives

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    sweeeeeeeeeet!
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.
    I will respectfully disagree with yours and GREE's assessment. No players have requested a 7 day event. The original WD events were 5 days and no one liked those. 2 additional days willnot make it any more fun for anyone.

Most factions require participation. It isn't optional to play when you want or when you have time. I assume anyone at GREE that thought this was or still is a good idea has never played in a competitive faction. If you don't fully participate in events you get cut. Planning this event around a major religious and world holiday has to be one of the most inconsiderate decisions your company can make, especially at a time when the game is already failing.

Please reconsider this horrible decision.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 12-02-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Please use darker font color!☠.........moo™������

Post Count
    Why not make a playoff now the Divisions have become part of the game. Use the first three days as the opening round, then select the top 5 from each division to play the next 3 days. On the final day only take the top 10 factions and let them square off in a 24hr WD.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    I see nothing compelling in the WD rewards list that would induce me to spend the full week before Xmas tapping. Holidays start early!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It's a money grab. No more, no less.

Don't forget the FLTQ that will probably start on Christmas day as well.

Way to go GREE. If you want to make paying customers leave to play something else that is.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Thanks for our gift... Return to sender

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    This is not a clerical error. In order to celebrate our three year anniversary we thought it would be fun to have a weeklong event for the USA cycle. We hope you enjoy it!

Also, just to further get the word out, we're doing an AMA this week, so feel free to come with all your MW questions and we'll do our best to provide detailed answers.
    Really... That is such a generous gift.... We should all send you a thank you card. Can't wait to ignore my family for 6 days prior to Christmas and pour my gold down the drain. I might pass thanks
    VFF LEGENDS

Post Count
    The first WDs were 5days or so. That was a lot! 7 days is way to much. It won't give people more chances to participate unless you limit the amount of battles each team gets to 60. Then teams could play a bit and everyone would be on the same level. It would cut the pressure to be in every battle and every hour for 7 days! Actually a max of 60 battles in 7 days Would Be better then it is now doing 50+battles in 3 days. Look at other games. They do something like this. CoC gives each player 2 battles in 24 hours and they fight when it's good for them. A 60 battle Max over 7 days would help things a lot!