7 Day WD Event? - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 7 Day WD Event?

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree with the majority which apparently the mods and admins cant seem to see. That to do a 7 day event so close to a WORLD holiday is just stupid. I am only half surprised that gree hasn't made a change due to outpouring of customer outrage over this pending disaster. Half because after all it is gree and their idea of customer support could violate that rules of the Geneva convention in relation to treatment of war captives.(Hey it made me laugh). I am also the leader of a faction and I have no family but I do have a job. And everyone is right any faction that is up in the ranks even as low as top 500 have required participation. personally my team will do a bit but wont go all out and no one will be punished in my team for lack of participation. and thanks to their lack of thought I DO NOT expect my team to place its usual rank. I just find(which is becoming the norm for gree) that this shows an incredible lack of understanding(or ability to listen and have accurate cognitive responses) to their customers needs. With all that being said . I WISH ALL IN MODERN WAR A MERRY CHRISTMAS THAT GOES FOR FREIENDS FAMILY AND FOES

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So, not only have they expanded the length of wd, but dramatically changed the formula that determines if you win an attack against a rival. Also coming at a very busy time of the year for many of its players. Sound judgment in that decision.

Did the guy who make this decision also make the decision to market New Coke back in the 80s? Maybe replace the sycophants in the board room that simply agree with boss and place someone that has a pulse on what the players want.

Oh wait, you are moving your energies over to social media rather than the forum. I'm sure that was also came from the New Coke guy.

Why do I have an image of Vizzini discussing the great blunders in history. Remember, never get into a land war in Asia or challenge a Sicilian when death is involved.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Stupid me, since I've seen this typo before, figured gree can't be stupid enough to have a 7 day war... But it must all be about balance. Give us the alliance defense we have been asking for, and counter it with lame ideas such as making the war longer and making the stats of long term players less valuable. So when is the developer going to chime in, or does he come and post any when he feels like it and then hides in the bushes when things get heated? This is one way communication. You tell us what you've done, and we go along. Sounds like a great strategy to get people more interested.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    a week of WD? sounds like a week for GREE to catch up its finances cause for bad decisions and internal manage issues. No looking forward to spend my time on the phone by that week.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The only worse idea you could have Gree would involve live monkeys being released from our device screens.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
    The only worse idea you could have Gree would involve live monkeys being released from our device screens.
    Only live monkeys around here are the management consultants advising company strategy, customer relations and marketing......

Post Count
    Going to be funny to see how much is still spent and how many hours still played
    Have you loved your llama today?

Post Count
    What Gree should do is cease all hostilities at the end of the LTB on the 22nd, put up a splash screen wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season and that they will see us again on the 27th for the next round of WD. Oh, and by the way here's an early Xmas present and Gree birthday present of Unit X with Stats A/D and Bonus Y as a thank you for all our patience over the year just gone.
    -
    Then we get a break from the treadmill and Gree get some solid time to fix all the bugs that 5.0 will introduce into the game. You know it will, we know it will, it just will. So give us all a break while you sort it out.
    -
    How's that for a novel idea and great way to celebrate the anniversary at Christmas? Certainly beats 7 days of WD hands down.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Looks like Gree have found a brilliant way to sponsor their holiday bonuses in a herd of mad cows ready to be milked....( edited - too explicit - there you go mods , even You get a break this time of year heheh ) ....

All the bs i had to put up with running a faction of which 2/3rds of players being completely locked out , missing units, outrageous wd matchups , unanswered tickets and worse of all - bloody E.T. finger ( ever tried to finish masters with 2 players ? I friggin dare Ya ! ) .... for once I tip my hat to Gree - great strategy - if they are stupid enough to spend money on a broken product , i say milk'em all till they bleed, then sqeeze for more.
    -Most of the arguments to which I am party fall somewhat short of being impressive, owning to the fact that neither I nor my opponent knows what we are talking about -

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.
    So here we go again. A rare comment from someone who actually works for Gree to our missives, and it is simply to say, too bad, so sad, don't bother complaining because it really don't matter.

Someone put up a poll. Who wants 7 days of WD ending Christmas Eve, yes or no?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hey Folks! Thank you for all the feedback you have provided about this. We acknowledge that many people have family and religious responsibilities during this period and we’re hoping that the longer duration will mean more people have a chance to play around those responsibilities. Many have been asking for a USA themed WD for a long time and we thought the three year anniversary was a perfect time to bring this out! Additionally, don’t tell anyone I told you, but we have some really cool social things that we will also be doing in addition to the WD, which our Devs will reveal during the upcoming AMA.
    Hi Clementine. Unfortunately this is the opposite to what you say.. For any individual player to do well, they need to attempt to score well while they are on.. This can only be achieved by teamwork or heavy gold spending.. Without the other team members sharing the load on the DL and Wall, one cannot do well.. For any team that still don't use scouting tools it also means that individuals will be attacking blind...

In other words a battle within a WD is only successful with team collaboration which therefore requires people to be as active as possible..

(this was one reason why I applied for mod... Not to ban or delete threads but to actually pass feedback directly to you.. Unfortunately I was turned down and I'm guessing you'll be selecting the "yes" men that have been agreeing with everything since applying)
    Last edited by HellRaizer; 12-03-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Post Count
    Very stupid way to celibrate this. This is not for players, but only for Gree to get more money. I will not play during this time and my faction is going to play goldfree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Mods & Developers!

I cannot believe that there will be a week long WD Event running into Christmas! A 3 day WD is one thing and the teams get burnt out from that event you tell us that this is your way to celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary. I thought it was a usual GREE blind oversight mistake that the GREE team could not bother to correct but then saw the response saying that it wasn't. Tell you what. How about all your developers work on the flawed MW code all day while playing MW 24x7 - then come back and tell us how it is a way to celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary! I have already told my faction to stand down in this coming WD. Our main is already considering doing the same - no matter what discount is put into this WD event. Also, there is talk of other Top 100 teams standing down from this WD event until GREE can pull their heads out and put something sensible in place.

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    If you want a 7 day war have a 7 day war, even if most of your players hate the idea. Just dont try to polish a turd and tell us it's gold, you'll just look stupid.. Its a money grab no matter how you try and spin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!