Hello, MW players!

I'm the producer for MW, and I wanted to introduce you all to a new thing we're going to try: dev notes! I know you guys feel like we're not very good at sharing information, so I'm going to try to keep you up to date with what's going on over here at GREE headquarters.

This week, we're working on a few things:

5.0 Release!

5.0, with a whole bunch of bugfixes, performance improvements, and new features, is coming soon! (A more detailed post on the features is also coming soon.) The iOS build has been submitted to Apple for approval. The Android beta just wrapped up on Sunday, and we're working on smoothing out some rough patches. Some of the features we're introducing will require back-end updates, so we're going to hold the release until both platforms can go live at the same time. (Thank you to our iOS and Android beta testers!)

In the Works

- iOS load time issues (5.0 has lots of improvements, but we're still looking for ways to make it even faster)
- investigating issues that come in through the ticketing system (right now I know the engineers are looking at some counterintuitive WD results and energy purchasing problems, among others)

How's It Work?

I wanted to give you guys some insight into the process we use around here (since someone asked in our last AMA), so I'm going to include a short snippet here about how we do things. This week is "what's a producer, anyway?"

I'm the operations arm of the MW exec team. I make sure that everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing, and how long they think it's going to take them. I set up tickets and meetings, and try to make sure that no one is blocked when they need to get something done. I'm not the person who's picking the features we work on, I'm the person who makes sure that they process of developing them runs forward smoothly. (Alternatively, I'm a raging tyrant who's constantly pestering people for where they're at with whatever they're working on - I suppose it all depends on your perspective!)

Let me know what other questions you'd like answered. I can't promise to answer them all, but I can at least take a look.

RnB