Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014 - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Most, if not all, of the players who buy gold/gems are "pretty busy" too. That doesn't appear to be an obstacle that prevents them from paying your salaries and stocking your lunch room.

Just saying.
    Do you even play Modern War? Because I've never seen you post anything in the Modern War forum in the 15 months I've been here, and none of this discussion applies to anything in Crime City anyway.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    We have taken several steps to reduce data usage in 5.0, including changes to how our server communicates with the client and updates to advertising SDKs.

We will continue to try to improve our data usage and loading times going forward, but I think these changes should help a lot.
    If you could work out a way iOS users could delete the cache without the need to delete and reinstall the game it might be the single best thing you could do right now. I don't know the situation with Android devices, but those too if needed. The games get awfully bloated very fast. Thanks for starting this Dev Notes thing.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    For what it's worth, being snarky to me isn't going to make the case that the other producers should do this any easier to make.
    There was and is no need for you to take that comment personally. Facts are facts. Respect your paying customers and you'll keep them around for longer, and maybe even attract new ones. The attitude you have just displayed is one of many reasons people decide to stop spending any amount of dollars on Gree products, or not even start in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Do you even play Modern War? Because I've never seen you post anything in the Modern War forum in the 15 months I've been here, and none of this discussion applies to anything in Crime City anyway.
    I stated previously that I do not play MW. That does not in any way negate the usefulness of this kind of thread for any or all of Gree's titles.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I stated previously that I do not play MW. That does not in any way negate the usefulness of this kind of thread for any or all of Gree's titles.
    .......then please do us all a favor and remove yourself from this conversation Thank you.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Just a friendly reminder to please keep things civil towards all others, including our Developers. Additionally, please try and keep the discussion in this thread focused on the Dev Notes for Modern War specifically. Feel free to discuss other games in their respective forums!

Lurker
    Post Count

Goals Folder

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the Goals folder. You currently have active events listed in the Individual goals tab, making it very cluttered. How about a 3rd tab to list the events and mission plans? That way the individual tab will be as easy to navigate as the faction tab. Nothing new, just a simple means of clearing up some clutter and addressing an issue many people have commented on in various posts.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    For what it's worth, being snarky to me isn't going to make the case that the other producers should do this any easier to make.
    You need to take a media training session. Being snarky with your customers will never get you anywhere - that's if you care.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Nearly blew a rib laughing at your post here mate.. Welcome to the jungle, aka the dirty, aka the forum.... If you or any of the other devs think for one second that your gonna be welcomed with open arms after all issues with this platform then you have either not done your homework and actually read the thousands of pages of pi ssed of customers or the mods have not passed on our overall satisfaction.

So a couple of choices you have as I see it... If you want to continue to come to the dirty then grow some thicker skin and take your lumps because quite frankly you and everyone on your team deserve every single one of them. With that said it should be noted that because this game is now so f'd up, all the most recent good/cool things done are so over shadowed by constant debacles of each event. Of course the next choice would be never return here again or at least not until you and your MW team have something to hang your hat on..... In other words be game of choice to your "PAYING" customers...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    👏 well said Toby Bear !

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Geez, someone comes on to relay game info to you guys and you start in with all the BS again. No need to insult those trying to help cause it gets you nowhere.

Having a message all button for the leader and officers would be great. It's time consuming having to post the same message on 60 walls.
    Also having a co-leader is good too.
    A way to build multiple walls.

Thanks

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    All I ask for is what people have been asking for a long time now...

GOLD USE CONFIRMATION BUTTON!

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    Geez, someone comes on to relay game info to you guys and you start in with all the BS again. No need to insult those trying to help cause it gets you nowhere.

Having a message all button for the leader and officers would be great. It's time consuming having to post the same message on 60 walls.
    Also having a co-leader is good too.
    A way to build multiple walls.

Thanks
    Co-leader isn't a bad idea, but more often than not, rather unnecessary as you can pass leadership around. A message all button though, who uses the in game chat anyway? It's small and hard to read, has a ridiculous character limit, and is filled with junk from all of the donations & declarations. There are far better external options.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We need time of peace and forgiveness. I also hear the pain in the voices of everyone . So RnB. Here are my 2 pieces of advice I have for you.

I have played this game since it started.

1. A person convinced against their will is of the same opinion still. Benjamin Franklin

2. Please read the following when you have a chance http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/return-policy
    Health Regen 35%
    infantry attack 35%
    infantry defense 35%
    Ground attack 35%
    Ground Defense 35%
    Air Attack 35%
    Air Defense 35%
    Sea Attack 35%
    Sea Defense 35%
    Building Defense 35%
    Building Output 35%
    Guild member increases + 40

The Fisher Clan (a private invite only faction for families)

My Id 649 796 085
    My id 716 502 654
    12.8 billion iph
    3.6 bb attack
    6.26 bb defense

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    If you could work out a way iOS users could delete the cache without the need to delete and reinstall the game it might be the single best thing you could do right now. I don't know the situation with Android devices, but those too if needed. The games get awfully bloated very fast. Thanks for starting this Dev Notes thing.
    IOS doesn't cache data in the sense that I think you are describing. Funzio built the documents and data file into the game which contains game data and graphics. Lots and lots of data, mine is currently just over 3.2GB and though I can go into the system and nuke it, just like taxes it keeps comeing back so you wind up having to redownload the entire mess depending on how long you have been playing which bumps up your data useage. On IOS the app seems to need at least 1GB of free memory in order to load properly especially when new data is being pushed from their servers.

The other issue with 4.5.2 is that there may be corrupted data or incompatible data in the current data set which causes the game to choke when it tries to rebuild a deleted dataset. This is what I believe is the root cause of log in issues with players on non IOS 8 devices at the moment. So removing that dataset can lock you out if you had been limping along up to this point, I proved this on two of my three identical iPod touch 4th gens and a test iPad 1st gen by updating to 4.5.2 and subsequently bricking them as far as this app is concerned.

On the Android side, the app does not flush updates properly and as a result as time goes on these updates use up all your available storage space and must be manually deleted. One sidenote to this is that low memory (system) not storage suffer a lot from drawing issues because they cannot load all the graphics required by the app to display your base! This has been an ongoing issue on one of our test devices for over a year.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    AO, I'm serious, without your input, I would be so very lost to this issue of data.

Thank you for always being objective, and, sharing your insight here. Much respect.

Why is there never a GREE rep troubleshooting these issues on this forum with us? Asking too much I assume...