GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014

Development Team
    Post Count

Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014

Hello, MW players!

I'm the producer for MW, and I wanted to introduce you all to a new thing we're going to try: dev notes! I know you guys feel like we're not very good at sharing information, so I'm going to try to keep you up to date with what's going on over here at GREE headquarters.

This week, we're working on a few things:

5.0 Release!

5.0, with a whole bunch of bugfixes, performance improvements, and new features, is coming soon! (A more detailed post on the features is also coming soon.) The iOS build has been submitted to Apple for approval. The Android beta just wrapped up on Sunday, and we're working on smoothing out some rough patches. Some of the features we're introducing will require back-end updates, so we're going to hold the release until both platforms can go live at the same time. (Thank you to our iOS and Android beta testers!)

In the Works

- iOS load time issues (5.0 has lots of improvements, but we're still looking for ways to make it even faster)
    - investigating issues that come in through the ticketing system (right now I know the engineers are looking at some counterintuitive WD results and energy purchasing problems, among others)

How's It Work?

I wanted to give you guys some insight into the process we use around here (since someone asked in our last AMA), so I'm going to include a short snippet here about how we do things. This week is "what's a producer, anyway?"

I'm the operations arm of the MW exec team. I make sure that everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing, and how long they think it's going to take them. I set up tickets and meetings, and try to make sure that no one is blocked when they need to get something done. I'm not the person who's picking the features we work on, I'm the person who makes sure that they process of developing them runs forward smoothly. (Alternatively, I'm a raging tyrant who's constantly pestering people for where they're at with whatever they're working on - I suppose it all depends on your perspective!)

Let me know what other questions you'd like answered. I can't promise to answer them all, but I can at least take a look.

RnB

Post Count
    Please more details on the new features coming out.

1) minimum requirements for wd prizes to be award while in a faction. Does a leader set up the minimum? What happens if we have a member on vacation? Or time away?

2) will there be valor weapons to buy for our soldiers?
    TKM - OFFICER

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Will we get any compensation for all the guys who was locked out???

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The data consumption is currently enormous. Playing MW while using cellular data is simply out of the question.

Will 5.0 address this issue? If not, do you guys on that end think it is something that can be resolved in a future update, or, is it simply a non-issue?

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Fusion View Post
    Please more details on the new features coming out.

1) minimum requirements for wd prizes to be award while in a faction. Does a leader set up the minimum? What happens if we have a member on vacation? Or time away?

2) will there be valor weapons to buy for our soldiers?
    We have an AMA this Thursday (post will be opening for questions Wednesday evening) and that will be a great place to ask your questions!

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...g-December-4th

Post Count
    Thank you very much for the information. I look forward to it not taking 3 minutes for the game to load in iOS.
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Post Count
    Could you provide an outline of the postmortem of what went wrong with 4.5.1 & 4.5.2 that has ruined the player experience for so many. That insight will help many of us decide if the go forward product is worth reinvesting in. thank you.

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thank you. Can you tell us what the producer does? You manage the actual game development, you are the coder, you are the what? Rather than us try to guess, please tell us what your role is in detail and how your role on the forums will change our experience from clementine and the unpaid useless mods.

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    I have been locked out after downloading mw 4.5. I am running iOS 8.1.1 on an iPad mini and an iPad 2. I transferred the locked out account from my ipad2 to a working account on my iPad mini. It is now locked out. I started a new account on my ipad2. It is working fine.

Are we sure that version 5 will fix the fix that was pushed out of the fix the fix that was pushed out to fix 4.5.2 which was to fix 4.5.1 which was to fix 4.5?
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I don't play MW, but I felt the need to comment on this thread.

"Dev Notes" appears to be a great addition to the forum, however, it is too far beyong long-overdue to be properly appreciated. This type of thread should have been a forum staple launched alongside every newly launched title. Which means you guys are about three years late to start this ball rolling.

Better late than never, I suppose. Now let's see this added to all current Gree titles. At least in some of the other titles there aren't any current issues approaching critical mass... Or is that what it takes to get one of these threads started?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Thumbs up Looking forward to the future improvements

I great step in the right direction. Now that we have the first step to hopefully a better gaming and forum experience.

A lot of us will be hopings things here will improve with the information sharing.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    When will enemies be able to see opponents base decorations on IOS platforms?
    When will factions be able to buy walls in multiples not 1 at a time.?
    Will we ever see the algorithm behind the WD points, is it fair, why did u drop it from 450? 400?
    Can u show us data on how much you have suffered from people quitting becuase the game is so messed up?
    That's the beginning of a few

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Great idea. Fully support this type of information.

I fear RnB will drown with a million PMs, but over time (if things keep improving) this will calm down.

Well done Gree, fingers crossed that Dev Notes will improve everyone's enjoyment of the game

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    can u bring forum in game???? where every player of mw can chat each other.....

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    And again we jump right to add this, add that. Adding divisions turned into a 6 week nightmare for many, and you guys want more. I hope they "give" it to you.

Multi gb of data consumed each month, but hey let's see those base decorations! They're important! Mind you many can't even get in the game to see them. And many here wonder why grees priorities are screwed up.

Yes, let's add global chat. Forget that they can't even make FL chat work, but let's add more!

Oh, and those financial statements. Of course someone in development would have those. You really think they are going to provide you with information they would want to HIDE from stockholders?

Just curious, did anybody bother to read what his actually job is? He doesn't decide anything. He's just that middle management guy making sure everyone does what his bosses want done.

C'mon people, be smart about this. Lets make this something useful, not just pester with things that really are not all that important in the grand scheme.
    Last edited by Adm.; 12-02-2014 at 02:44 AM.