Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014 - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dev Notes: Week of December 1, 2014

Post Count

Gold Switch = Better Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by killbillbst View Post
    All I ask for is what people have been asking for a long time now...

GOLD USE CONFIRMATION BUTTON!
    True that!

RnB, This should've been done when each object & process was initially coded, at the beginning of the build of the game. Even better, there should've been a gold switch installed in the settings page that enables the user to turn off all gold spending until it is needed or desired to spend gold. The 2 ideas will work great together. Those who don't want to fuss with the switch can just leave it on. Not having this is liable. There r several issues in the game that cause unwanted expenditure of gold, including a bug n the WDE that eats gold without the option to spend gold ever being called to come up. The answer to tickets about the bug or any refund request is the normal- "We can't help u with that." & "Ticket closed." & sometimes with comments that r completely irrelevant. This = intend to rob with no intent to make it right. It feels more like a laugh followed by "try to make us do it, suckerrr!"
    RnB, I'm not one to insult people and don't intend to put u guys down. I know that u r n a tough position being squeezed from all sides n your job possition. However, I just want u to know that it is very insulting to us to b robbed & slapped n the face for expected it to b made right. This is only one of the problems among many others stated & not stated n this thread. I've watched MW get worse & worse as a program because of the lack of foresight to prevent problems like this robbing of gold issue. That lack of foresight or care (or whatever may b the cause from your bosses) has grown into the current state of mayhem. It's the same problem, just closer to critical mass. The only thing that I've seen greatly improve is the FL event, which went from flop after flop to a reasonably fun event that doesn't need my constant attention.
    A tiny fraction of the time that went into planning or creating aspects of any event, including FL, could have been used to create a simple gold switch in settings that would greatly reduce customer remorse & ticket volume. Well, I actually gave up on creating tickets. That is one way to reduce the load & increase revenue.
    That said, it is my foolish decision to waste my valuable time on such a game. It would b better if it were at least a player strategy game rather than a company revenue strategy game, but still my decision.
    At a minimum, I hope things improve on the integrity side.
    Have fun
    Last edited by iYoungblood; 12-05-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wonder how much accidental gold has been spent in MW.

For the sake of this example, let's undershoot this estimate and say that 500,000 bars of gold have been spent in error.

Excluding 'gold program' gold, this equates to approximately 333 vaults of gold, spent in error. Again, assuming no bonus gold in the equation, 333 vaults of gold spent in error equals $32,967 of wasted money from the consumer.

.....I can give you 32,967 reasons why there has never been a 'gold confirm' button, or process in place...

Lurker
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count

Lightbulb suggestion

Me as well as several others would like to see a change in the game level rewards. I'm over level 600, and the reward has never changed. After level 100 most players activity drops because there is no real incentive. I would be willing to bet if the rewards matched the effort, you would see more people playing to level up.

Post Count
    RhythmNBruise thanks for stepping in. These dev-information thing is a good idea. please keep them coming and dont leave and head towards social media like mods or community managers do....

i´d really prefer you (Gree) would listen to your customers. There are a lot of issues to be fixed. Several suggestions have been made. But it seems noone reads them. Instead of that you come up with things that are even contra-productive.

Is Gree Stuff working between x-mas and new years eve? i am just asking because i am pretty sure there will be a lot of bugs with mw5.0, events will not work as intended. Your support knows about mw5.0? You are all there to fix things, answer questions and see if it´s gonna run?
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    AO, I'm serious, without your input, I would be so very lost to this issue of data.

Thank you for always being objective, and, sharing your insight here. Much respect.

Why is there never a GREE rep troubleshooting these issues on this forum with us? Asking too much I assume...
    Thanks! I wonder the same thing, perhaps this new dev chat will finally open up channels of communication.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    We have taken several steps to reduce data usage in 5.0, including changes to how our server communicates with the client and updates to advertising SDKs.

We will continue to try to improve our data usage and loading times going forward, but I think these changes should help a lot.
    Thanks , but $15 I could have spent on gree games just went to Verizon for an extra gig so I can play this weekend

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    personally I know gree is more concerned with the players that have been locked out . But heres something gree should also think about. Factions that had half the team or even a quarter had to work twice as hard to make up for the loss of the members locked out. I am leader of a top 250 and I usually score around 100-150k wd. this war to hold our place I had to double that and yes I did it barely. But other members of my team also had to double up. The lock out has majorly inconvienced the players locked out but has also cost the teams they are apart of.. So Gree what are you going to do for the teams as well as the players that were locked out?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Walls buying in bulk, base decorations not displayed, thesea are tickets I have sent in repeatedly since brazil, and no response. While some think the base decorations is stupid ATM while people are locked out, why have the concrete walls idea not been ADRESSED numerous times as we beg for it, so we don't have to tappy tappy tap so much building walls

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    PLEASE STOP RELEASING NEW EVENTS ON A WEEKEND , YOU DAMN WELL KNOW , NO GREETARDS WORK ON THE WEEKENDS AND YOU HAVE ZERO SUPORT . ALSO EVERY EVENT YOU HAVE HAS BUGS . SO ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND EVENT WE HAVE ISSUES. WE KNOW YOU ARE JUST GREEdy And don't give a $&@% about us ! At least don't make more issues than you already have.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by good gawd noooo View Post
    personally I know gree is more concerned with the players that have been locked out . But heres something gree should also think about. Factions that had half the team or even a quarter had to work twice as hard to make up for the loss of the members locked out. I am leader of a top 250 and I usually score around 100-150k wd. this war to hold our place I had to double that and yes I did it barely. But other members of my team also had to double up. The lock out has majorly inconvienced the players locked out but has also cost the teams they are apart of.. So Gree what are you going to do for the teams as well as the players that were locked out?
    This baffles me, why on Earth would you spend double if half the team is locked out???????. I would of instructed my entire team to spend none until every single member was back online. Rewarding bad behaviour reinforces it. If their profits don't drop they won't react. especially for a couple of extra Atk/Def boosts...sit it out!, not spend more of your hard earned!. I know you want your team to do well but principles should come first. I think you need to reflect a little on what's important.

As to the thread topic, mr bruises...I seen earlier you got testy as someone got "snarky". Remember you have come to our backyard. If the troops roll through a new country but the troops before them did as they pleased and completely disrespected the locals any new troops get to sleep in the bed that the old troops made. Don't look at any snarky/negative comments as atks on you, they are the result of your colleagues actions. I would of thought this to be pretty darn obvious (read five threads and you will know what the community thinks of GReE reps).

Please, do not be discouraged...your mates have slapped us in the face for a couple years so like an abused dog we are wary and not very trusting. No one that has come before you has brought anything other than words. We need open communication backed by consistent and positive action. You don't write the dog of cause its been kicked in the guts so many times and now won't snuggle up and get all cuddly with you initially. You put the hard yards in, you show that you can be trusted and won't kick him/her in the head then use abuse and neglect him/her whilst living off his/her labours. Seriously, if you can't ignore a few barks you won't be of any use to anybody around these parts.

We are loyal and we remember what your mates have done to us for years. You want to turn it around, ignore the barks, reward the positive behaviours and do your job (I know you may think you are personally going above and beyond by creating and participating in this thread...but to us you are apart of a dysfunctional machine that should of had this cog in place from the start). Online games are about communities.

Seriously write down some tangible goals and achieve them. Please make #1 listen to us (to make this tangible gather written info from us, then when you achieve it post a new thread with our old comments and how your actions have aligned exactly with that). Aim to be doing your job so well, that we create thank you threads (we have in the past and when you do good some of us more experienced forum members jump on this as we wish to reinforce that behaviour).

Seriously, everyone who has come and gone before have had the best of intentions. intentions are good but we need actions. CJ and Tadaaah are 2 who come to mind. Both well meaning, both have made one or two lil blips on the radar but on the whole...if they never came at all things would basically be the same as they are now. If you want cred...make it the before the bruises era and the post bruises era.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Less events and a day off (server maintenance and fixing gree boo boos could be done in this time) per cycle would be brilliant. Gold confirms is a massive issue, i personally have written off over 3 vaults of gold in accidental clicks due to game dysfunctions (pop up screens which load in the middle of other actions where you purchase crates as there is not a gold confirm and many more...then insult to injury the company won't refund you as it's 'gambling' and they don't refund gambling, I'd love all gambling removed from this unrestricted age game).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm running on an iPad 1 and highest IOS i can upgrade to is 5.1.1 and I'm locked out of the game. 3 years running here. Am I screwed now and have to throw this game away now? I am not spending the money on a new IOS device just to continue playing. Please let those of us know whether the new 5.0 update will let us play again on older devices. It's all I want to know.

Post Count
    Suggestion:
    Please, Can you stop the AIR Animation when we kill NPCs??? Take too much time

Lurker
    Post Count

????

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNBruise View Post
    Hello, MW players!

I'm the producer for MW, and I wanted to introduce you all to a new thing we're going to try: dev notes! I know you guys feel like we're not very good at sharing information, so I'm going to try to keep you up to date with what's going on over here at GREE headquarters.

This week, we're working on a few things:

5.0 Release!

5.0, with a whole bunch of bugfixes, performance improvements, and new features, is coming soon! (A more detailed post on the features is also coming soon.) The iOS build has been submitted to Apple for approval. The Android beta just wrapped up on Sunday, and we're working on smoothing out some rough patches. Some of the features we're introducing will require back-end updates, so we're going to hold the release until both platforms can go live at the same time. (Thank you to our iOS and Android beta testers!)

In the Works

- iOS load time issues (5.0 has lots of improvements, but we're still looking for ways to make it even faster)
    - investigating issues that come in through the ticketing system (right now I know the engineers are looking at some counterintuitive WD results and energy purchasing problems, among others)

How's It Work?

I wanted to give you guys some insight into the process we use around here (since someone asked in our last AMA), so I'm going to include a short snippet here about how we do things. This week is "what's a producer, anyway?"

I'm the operations arm of the MW exec team. I make sure that everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing, and how long they think it's going to take them. I set up tickets and meetings, and try to make sure that no one is blocked when they need to get something done. I'm not the person who's picking the features we work on, I'm the person who makes sure that they process of developing them runs forward smoothly. (Alternatively, I'm a raging tyrant who's constantly pestering people for where they're at with whatever they're working on - I suppose it all depends on your perspective!)

Let me know what other questions you'd like answered. I can't promise to answer them all, but I can at least take a look.

RnB
    Not much replies from anything let the truth be known !