[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 4th - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 4th

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Do you or will you ever develop for windows phones.. I'm guessing no because of cost.. But worth an ask

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    We are planning to have the new account transfer functionality be the only functionality available. The new system is really much better! That being said, if you have problems with the system please let us know.
    The Funzio account method of transferring accounts is going away, yes.

But if you don't have your old device, you can contact CS to get your old account moved to a new phone or tablet!

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Fusion View Post
    With the new mods "alliance defence" & "triple/double strike"
    when can we expect to see these mods offered out to non top 5 teams? These chance mods are/could be a huge impact making those top teams near unbeatabe in wd.
    We aren't going to just give these bonuses out to the top factions. These bonuses will make a regular appearance in Mission Plan when they come out. We will be working to make sure bonuses are more balanced moving forward.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    As was noted before many players were locked from log in due to playing their games on older slower devices. Since that some bought newer devices like iPad Air or iPhone 6. Those folks could be helped by your CS just by transferring locked accounts to newer devices while v. 5.0 still under development. However most of the tickets were ignored so far

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNerdyGirl View Post
    We aren't going to just give these bonuses out to the top factions. These bonuses will make a regular appearance in Mission Plan when they come out. We will be working to make sure bonuses are more balanced moving forward.
    How are the "triple/double strike" bonus stack? Ie like health regen?
    TKM - OFFICER

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    In spite of the major issues we've seen lately, one ongoing problem is that every single event has a problem. Literally. Why should we trust anything is going to change? If you can't get the basics right, will you slow down, back off, or even cancel events until things are right?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How long until modern war is unable to play on an iPhone 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn Pennybags View Post
    Points 1 and 3 of your question are hopefully answered by my colleague CrazyNerdGirl.

As far as the points in WD, we haven't changed how these work currently. However, we do feel like there are some improvements possible in the future, in particular to reduce the feeling that players are penalized for leveling up. We will definitely let you know well in advance before we go changing something like this, since we know it would impact the way you choose to approach the game.
    Yes thx, that answers #1, as far as the WD points could you be more specific on how it is currently working then, all that we know on how the points is what we have guessed/observed the factors are. If I had to guess I would say the lvl is the biggest factor, then the closeness of the battle, then the difference in bp rank, and then addition factors like a random factor and the points seem to go down if several are hitting the same guy, but these are all just guesses, if you could provide more information it would be very helpful so players can try to maximize the points they receive.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I've seen this mentioned many times but maybe not direct enough to receive a direct answer. Is it still your intention to seriously run a 7 day WD because you think it's cool even though the masses continue to tell you it's absurd?

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    As was noted before many players were locked from log in due to playing their games on older slower devices. Since that some bought newer devices like iPad Air or iPhone 6. Those folks could be helped by your CS just by transferring locked accounts to newer devices while v. 5.0 still under development. However most of the tickets were ignored so far
    I have confirmed with CS that they're answering all the account transfer tickets that they've gotten, but sometimes they need more information as part of our fraud prevention methods.

We know that sometimes the emails CS sends out can get caught in spam filters, so if you're waiting for a response from our CS team, please check your spam folder. If you've been waiting a while and haven't seen any mail in your inbox or spam folder, please try contacting us again.

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_085 View Post
    Question 1) Can a more expedient method of building walls for WD be established? As a faction leader, one of the most mundane jobs is to sit around building /leveling up walls. If a faction has enough cash & enough concrete I should be able to select which level wall I'd like to building & the cash & concrete be used accordingly.

Question 2) Is there any intent in the near future to expand/increase faction bonuses? Infrastructure bonuses like building upgrade time reduction or building upgrade cost reduction would be great. Or a bonus that increases the chance of a box opening. Or an energy regen bonus.

Question 3) Can there be a disable/enable option for the "Collect All Income" button?

Question 4) As an Android user, I've noticed there is a character limit to posting on other player's MW profile. I know other Android users are experiencing the same issue. Why is that?

Question 5) Why is there often fluctuations in WD points when attacking the same player? Sometimes I see points at 375+, then the next hit will only be 225+.
    Regarding point 1, other people have mentioned this, and we agree this could be better and would like to improve it.

Regarding point 2, totally agree that we could use some new bonuses here, and it's on our list of things we'd like to add.

Regarding point 3, why would you want to disable this button out of curiosity? This isn't currently on our roadmap.

Regarding point 4, We'll look into this.

Regarding point 5, WD points are subject to a random factor. As I mentioned in another post, we haven't changed the way these work, although we do have some ideas for improvement, but we won't be changing these until we have plenty of time to communicate it in advance and make sure that the new system is an actual improvement.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Thank you for participating folks! The AMA is now closed for new questions, however we know that some may not have been answered. Our Developers will try and check back throughout the next few weeks and see if there are any additional questions they can answer here. We will be doing another one really soon, so keep an eye out for details!

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Just wanted to say we *really* appreciate you taking the time to join us today! I have to run to another meeting, but will try to drop in and answer more questions throughout the day. Thanks for all your suggestions and time!

Development Team
    Post Count
    Hey, all, thanks so much for showing up and posting questions! We're working on getting answers to at least one of each question, even if we don't necessarily answer every post.