[AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 4th - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Ask The Developer Anything - December 4th

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Will we see new faction bonuses?
    An increase on current tiers and introduction of bonuses to increase energy/stamina regen would be appreciated.
    Also any plans for regen to effect Frontline? The regen bonuses we have earned should impact frontline regen as it does WD,raid and epic boss events.
    Hobbsie

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I think all the talk of new features is 'nice' but you guys need to address the most pressing issue which is that a number of players are locked out of the game on IOS devices. Clearly it sounds like your beta testers identified this problem yet the update was released and subsequent repairs have made things worse not better.

This morning I noticed that my documents and data file on my oldest player is reached a staggering 3.2GB! Three times bigger than the next largest app I have installed on my iPad! I also noticed that when I went to a rivals base with a huge number of buildings the game started to slow to a crawl as the app dug through the graphics files needed to redraw this base!

Loading of the app takes forever, it does load much faster on an iPhone 5 and 6 but both have 30+GB of free space. On devices with lower amounts of memory the game is either locked out or constantly freezes, this by the way is a similar issue on lower specd Android devices.

So my other question is, how extensively tested is 5, in other words will it run on older IOS 5 devices as you state currently on the app store and have you considered putting the applications data set on a diet?
    The “lockout” reported by the 5.0 beta players was caused by a change in the way we’re running the beta - we used to run it on the production servers, which was very messy on the back end and couldn’t adequately test all the features. Because we’re introducing Soldier Equip, which changes the battle calculation, to 5.0, we didn’t want to run that on the production servers and risk having people see really counterintuitive battle results caused by the use of a battle formula only the beta players could really take advantage of. Running the beta on a separate server also lets us give people lots and lots of whatever new units we’re introducing without desperately unbalancing the game, so we’re planning on continuing with that plan. Unfortunately, there were technical issues with the beta system switchover that caused some beta players to see a persistent “Log into Production” error which could not be resolved during the beta because it was caused by a structural problem. We don’t expect it to affect production at all, or to be a problem in beta testing going forward.

We are considering ways to reduce both OTA and on-device data usage. We know the game performs poorly on lower-end devices, and are also looking at solutions for those players. Unfortunately, at least some of our players are still on very old devices, and it’s hard to figure out how to make the game run well for them while still allowing players on the latest and greatest to have a fun, pretty game experience.

5.0 is being extensively tested. In fact, one of the reasons it hasn’t gone live yet is that it has not completed its final QA testing. Of course, there are 6 QA guys and thousands of you, so while we aim to be bug-free, sometimes your inventiveness overwhelms us. It is our belief that 5.0 will run on older devices, but probably not very well. The chipsets in those devices just aren’t up to handling modern graphics. Part of the impetus behind the account transfers feature was to let people move their games from older devices to newer ones, if they have them available, since we are considering ending support for those devices.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Can we please fix the problem with NPC spawning in on top of each other? I have to reload the map many times to spread them. This can't be "random" because it happens all to often.

Also, would it kill you to give us events we can finish with little or no money. Less than 100 a cycle and still improve our game? The money you demand would allow us all to buy game systems WITH games and extra controller.
    We are looking into addressing some of the NPC issues with only displaying NPCs with active LTQ goals, so it will minimize the number of NPCs on a map. The actual issue of the NPCs spawning on each other is a more complicated fix, but we are looking into ways to improve performance and stability of the game.

In regards to events with little or no money, there are different event chains for different levels of difficulty. We have also started giving out energy/health/stamina in goals to help players progress through goals. Temporary bonuses were also added so active players could easily earn bonuses each WD cycle to boost the ability for them to finish events.

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Web323 View Post
    Who in their right mind decided a 7 Day WD was a good idea? We did not like it when it was 5 days and have repeatedly asked for shorter WDs. With division now in place, why not make it a tournament where the Top 5 from each divisions moves on.
    Making the event more tournament style is an idea we've kicked around in the past, and I do think it would be cool, but I also think it really becomes a different event at that point. It's something we'll consider in the future.

As far as the weeklong WD, this was largely my idea. The thinking was that with the three year anniversary, new features coming out, and the event being in the USA this time that this would be a fun and exciting time to kick the war up a notch. I know a lot of top factions do fight hard in these events, but to be honest I'm surprised by the level of reaction in the forums towards the event. This is designed to be a fun and celebratory event, but please know that we are listening to your feedback on this, as well as feedback we get away from the forums and what we view on the usage data within the game.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Several times now you've told us to contact CS. I don't think you understand. It's not bad, it's almost completely nonexistent. When major problems hit, there is no reply at all. Often, the replies have absolutely nothing to do with the ticket sent in. Even during non crisises it often takes weeks to get a response. Having us contact support for anything is futile.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Do WD scores for a hit on a opposing player take any account of either whether anyone else is hitting that player, or how recently you have hit it?
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 12-04-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Many players have reached lvl 300. It would be nice if you raise this max lvl till 400 or 500
    Thanks for the suggestion, we are planning an upcoming release that would revitalize the base game and add expansions to current systems like leveling, guild bonuses, and other items. Stay tuned to the forums for announcements regarding these expansions.

Lurker
    Post Count
    After the update will the only way to transfer accounts be through gamecenter or will the old method still be available ?

Post Count
    With the new mods "alliance defence" & "triple/double strike"
    when can we expect to see these mods offered out to non top 5 teams? These chance mods are/could be a huge impact making those top teams near unbeatabe in wd.
    Last edited by Jaded Fusion; 12-04-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    TKM - OFFICER

Development Team Milburn Pennybags's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by #21 View Post
    After the update will the only way to transfer accounts be through gamecenter or will the old method still be available ?
    We are planning to have the new account transfer functionality be the only functionality available. The new system is really much better! That being said, if you have problems with the system please let us know.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for the feedback/answers so far.. This has been really good..

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buck Slayer View Post
    I would be interested in beta testing
    Great, more beta testers would be awesome!

We're revamping our beta process over here, and we'll probably be looking for more beta testers (especially for Android) at that time. We'll post here when we're ready to add people to the program with instructions on how to get into the program.

Development Team
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    We are getting a feature to "sell" unwanted units in game.
    This is long overdue,however we still continue to get worthless units in early rounds of LTQ events,from scratch cards,most of raid and epic normal prizes.
    My question is can we substitute these worthless units for more useful items:
    o health packs
    o energy refills
    o stamina refills
    o even a small amount of gold(say 5 or 10 gold)
    This would stop cluttering inventory in future with useless units and make the prizes more desirable.

Question 2:
    The Mission Payout Bonuses are Useless as the missions payouts are totally out of date with the inflation of the game,are there plans to increase the payouts to a realistic level with every other aspect of the game?
    The units you mention are "worthless" have benefits to low/mid level players. We have to keep a decent balance of content for all player types. We are working on ways to improve the LTQ and reward experience moving forward.

Mission Payout Bonuses help lower/mid level players make more cash to get items. In upcoming releases, we will be updating the PvE experience to reflect recent stat inflation prizes.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoc View Post
    Not really on topic but I mean how often do we get to ask people from gree actual questions.
    Are you ever going to have support like that actually answer tickets properly and resolve things?
    Rather than just computer generated responses and closing tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    Several times now you've told us to contact CS. I don't think you understand. It's not bad, it's almost completely nonexistent. When major problems hit, there is no reply at all. Often, the replies have absolutely nothing to do with the ticket sent in. Even during non crisises it often takes weeks to get a response. Having us contact support for anything is futile.
    Hi Kavoc & MW Flake! We do know that recently it has been a very frustrating experience with Customer Support for Modern War. The team has been working hard to get responses out quickly to everyone and we know that sometimes it can feel computer generated, or that not all of your questions may get addressed. The team is working hard on improving this for the future.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can we have a splash Screan before every new event explaining the rules and how reward work if the rewards stack and everythin