I'm Out! Kinda... See You on Social! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Out! Kinda... See You on Social!

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    You bring up multiple issues here which aren't all your fault. First and foremost, that you are essentially the only customer service rep servicing all of Gree's games. It is near criminal how much they under-staff. With the player base volume and monetary spending on these games each should have multiple dedicated personnel. And save me the excuse of saying you have other customer service reps who's jobs it is to answer tickets. 99% of the time we get an automated reply and the ticket is closed and the reply isn't even on topic. Take a poll here and most everyone will be incredibly underwhelmed by any support attempted through the ticket system.

Second the fact that you are not very familiar with the game itself and need help from people who play it is a big issue. The events you run sometimes only last a day or two. We do not have time for someone to relay a message to you to relay a message to someone else (a dev) to relay a message to their boss to relay a message to the dev to relay a message to you to relay a message to us... you get the point? We need people who can be around day or night, weekday or weekend so that when an issue pops up with an event we can get a quick status on it. I'm not talking about single player issues here, I'm talking about things like the three day ltq glitch where all 3 days showed up at once, but we couldn't even get an official gree response until the event was over. And when the people hear our messages they can relay them to devs directly.

At this point there should have been a sticky thread only mods can post in with daily updates about when the people locked out of the game will be able to get in, even if all you have to communicate is 'the devs havn't given us anything new', we would feel that someone out there cares. Perception means a lot in this industry, and the perception of Gree and the forum mods at this point is that the collective 'you' do not care.
    Hi Andy!

Thank you for this post. You are correct that right now I am the only Community Manager handling all the games, and this is absolutely not ideal. As I have mentioned a couple times, we are working on getting some additional hands in here in an official capacity ASAP (but of course we need to go through the interview/hiring process first). In the meantime I will be doing the best I can, working into the wee hours of night and morning, to get you guys everything you need.

To your second point, yes I am not as familiar with Modern War as I may be with some of our other titles, but this, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast when you have one person handling so many titles. This is part of why we are getting more hands in here, so we will be able to have people specialized in fewer games. We are also working on an improved internal escalation process for when there are issues. This wont be something you see posted here, but you will see the effects of it when an issue does occur by receiving responses more quickly.

Your third point, this is a great idea and I will begin the process of getting this up and running. Thanks for the suggestion.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hi Andy!

Thank you for this post. You are correct that right now I am the only Community Manager handling all the games, and this is absolutely not ideal. As I have mentioned a couple times, we are working on getting some additional hands in here in an official capacity ASAP (but of course we need to go through the interview/hiring process first). In the meantime I will be doing the best I can, working into the wee hours of night and morning, to get you guys everything you need.

To your second point, yes I am not as familiar with Modern War as I may be with some of our other titles, but this, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast when you have one person handling so many titles. This is part of why we are getting more hands in here, so we will be able to have people specialized in fewer games. We are also working on an improved internal escalation process for when there are issues. This wont be something you see posted here, but you will see the effects of it when an issue does occur by receiving responses more quickly.

Your third point, this is a great idea and I will begin the process of getting this up and running. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I understand this game wasn't your responsibility until now. Understand though that many times we have been told that the person in charge will be around and do whatever it takes to turn this place around. They say that... then more bugged events pop up and go right by without any support. It is crucial that if you say this you actually mean it. It won't be the hours you want to work because of the nature of this beast, running events that span all day long it needs support all day long. I truly hope Gree can actually follow through and get you some help, although I'm sure you can understand I don't have high hopes. The people Gree does generally bring in generally need a decent amount of time to learn the game and then they fall out of love with it once they see all of the issues they cant solve and then they go somewhere else (see Tadaaah). Do whatever it takes, getting people to cover shifts you cant make (alternate weekends, hollidays, nights... just do something) and communicate often even when there is nothing to communicate and that will be a MAJOR step in the right direction.

As for my third point that is desperately needed. People pay to play this and need to know the efforts being undertaken to make sure they will be able to play again, AND what will be done to compensate for the all they have lost. In my opinion this thread should be a status of not only the biggest bug to hit MW (which is saying a lot), but all of the other bugs that come up, and should discuss the status of all things we need to know in one clear concise and helpful place...

And lastly you should ping whoever you need to that the compensation offered in general by Gree for their screwups is wayyy wayyy under what it should be. I know many people who have left the game over not being able to log in, but I know for a fact that if they knew ahead of time things would be made right once they can get back in they would come running back like the gaming addicts we all are. A few energy packs and FA tanks will not do the trick.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    So we will get people who know none of the games at all. This just gets better by the minute lol. So six months down the road we will be once again hearing about how "committed to making things better" Gree is.

One other little tidbit to consider. All those naughty posts requiring you to bring on hobby mods would drop significantly if the rest of Gree was skillful at their jobs. By the time people get here they all already disgusted, and there is nothing here to make them feel any better.

You mentioned more interaction with the devs. I think we are beyond that now. How about getting your boss on here. And his boss. And the head of development. And the head of support. Let us hear first hand why their departments are unable to keep up. At this point, why isn't Mr. Sheppard on here explaining why we should have any confidence in him or anyone else in the organization? That someone who actually has some sort of authority is showing even the slightest bit of interest in anything that's going on.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Goodluck Tadaaah!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Radio silence. Empty promises once again. Nobody is surprised.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    For now the Forum Moderator Program is here to stay. We will always be looking at improving the selection process, and ensuring all Moderators know what is expected from them.
    It's not just the selection process. It's the lack of training and support those well meaning guys get. They all mean well but are not trained nor are they paid professionals.

As for no training. . . Here son, here's a loaded gun with no safety....have fun and don't blow your head off or shoot your annoying brother!.

As for Tadaaah, if its too hot in the kitchen go relax in the pool. Congratulations on winning the forum. Things will be exactly the same without you but thanks for trying some of the time.

Clemmy we don't need promises of things will get better...we have had them for years. Just make things better. Have a tangible measure on what will make things better. I.e. positive to negative thread counts, events without bugs, not locking your customers out, accurate start and finish times, accurate leader boards, prompt lists, transparent events explained in game before their release. We have had enough empty talk from talkers. Put a tracker up on your performance for each game and sleep on that. Spend a month LIsTENING to us and see the star rating in the App Store rise and the money come back into the game. In spite of the incompetence the game still makes money, it's a gold mine...lets help you milk that cow. LISTEN! Act consistently then LISTEN some more
    Last edited by bam bam.; 12-04-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    And stop banning people. Most Everyone I've seen banned has made more sense than not. They shouldn't get to the irate stage that this game pushes them too. Address their concerns and remove the hate filled posts. Bans solve nothing they just use a diff email and get back on.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Radio silence. Empty promises once again. Nobody is surprised.
    We are working on a number of different things, including this. It has not been forgotten.

Verbose Veteran Captain Buck Slayer's Avatar
    All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Give the mods a break, they have been doing a lot to improve communication, the AMA that was today for example.
    Slaps Fighters Team
    964-213-663
    https://groupme.com/join_group/64969741/tBCXBEM3

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We are working on a number of different things, including this. It has not been forgotten.
    I guess it takes a reallly long time huh? What could possibly take so long huh? Its a status post which should be posted EVERY DAY to assure the people that their issues are being worked on. Right now we feel like you don't care and this is exactly why.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for your efforts!
    Will WD and FL results continue to be posted and shared on this forum?
    Thank you in advance for your answer!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I guess it takes a reallly long time huh? What could possibly take so long huh? Its a status post which should be posted EVERY DAY to assure the people that their issues are being worked on. Right now we feel like you don't care and this is exactly why.
    I understand your frustration but do you really want a post every day that says "the devs are working on it" or "it's being looked into"? Because that's all it would be from them. They don't have concrete answers or solutions. If GREE had better programming then the game wouldn't be in this shape. Additionally, if it were coded better from the start then there would be no need for major fixes and constant updates about said fixes.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    ok with latest v5.0 add another % of players losing accts,, with this generic message: "our engineers are working on a fix". my situation is more simple than many, being that i have a "working" 5.0.2 app, just no account. really regret updating. work on your "fix" whatever. Just type my id in the Restore Acct field. in fact, hire me to handle these issues and related, and I'd work tirelessly to solve as many individual problems as possible

Main Game
    War of Nations
    Post Count
    Note:
    We will always try our best to address player concerns with the knowledge and resources we have.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Note:
    We will always try our best to address player concerns with the knowledge and resources we have.
    Explains why most issues go unresolved and 90%+ of the community is pissed off or has left this train wreck of a game. Seems to me that GREE is not willing to invest in their staff or their customers, if the future of this game is not obvious to you then by all means climb back on your Unicorn and go for a ride