Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Farm Heroic Mode made easy... Well, maybe

I know we are well underway toward the deadline to collect our Star Crystals and craft our Crystal Finmail EPIC.. If you haven't started or have been struggling there is no need to worry! R-E-L-A-X!!!

I put together a spreadsheet that I've been referencing as a quick guide to determine which armors to use and which armors to avoid on each of the Heroic mode regions. I realized I've been sharing with my son and guild but this could probably benefit everyone.

Feel free to browse it, if you see any errors message me or leave a comment and I will update it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Explanation of the columns

Region is the name of the board (ie Relic Ruins, Thieves Cove, etc, etc)

Elements are listed from MOST present to LEAST present in the region
    Ea = Earth | Fi = Fire | Sp = Spirit | Wa = Water | Ai = Air

Mini Boss is the big monster that appears on every stage of a region. (I wasn't sure what to call them so I dubbed them mini's.)

In the "Boss" column I listed the elements the boss uses. The boss is the final monster on stage 6 of each region. Just like regular dungeons, they are bigger, hit much harder, and have much more hp. I strongly suggest building to counter these elements.

Suggested Armor is the best armor to use on the region (in my opinion.)
    Generally I suggest armors strong against both the boss and mini. I always avoid using any elements that are weak to either.

(Work in progress - Notes) I've listed in the notes column which armor fragments are dropped by mini's and bosses.

Some general information about the Heroic stages that I have noticed...

Each heroic region is 6 stages long.

Each stage has a mini (boss) that is larger, has more hp, and hits harder than regular monsters.
    Minis will drop either (1) 4 star armor fragment or (5) 2 star armor fragments if defeated with a special attack.
    Mini's appear on EVERY stage of the region, usually very first on stage 1 and right before the boss on stage 6.
    Mini's are a great place to unload those special attacks!

Some elements listed in game don't appear much or only on the boss.
    I went through each region and listed them in the order from MOST present to LEAST present.
    Don't panic when you see 4 or 5 elements on a stage, only the mini's and the boss hit hard.
    Personally I always build my 2nd and 3rd knight to counter the boss (suggested armors)

If you are not level 100, this is a great way to earn XP.
    If you can power through a heroic region, then do your run when your knights are full.
    After your run, use the remaining knights to carry on with quests, rest, repeat.

I wanted to put Adisty's comment up here. This is a great tip for defeating Kingdom of Darkness - Heroic.

Also, (this idea was mentioned in another post) going for Kingdom of Darkness is best when your experience bar is about 80% full, hire two friends and you should level up somewhere in the middle of the stage and be able to finish without the use of gems. Then just farm an easier Heroic stage (I like Crimson Forest) to earn XP, rinse and repeat.

And lastly, R E L A X !!! :P You still have a couple weeks to rock out some water epix.

If you see errors please comment or message me here, I will try to correct them.

Lasly, our guild, Zenandpeace, is always recruiting on Android.
    Last edited by inzendrin; 12-01-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Mini drop information, thanks Adisty
    Zenandpeace - Guild Level 51 - Guild Sentinel
    23/33 Members - Several HC openings
    Always recruiting, having fun
    Spirit 7% Earth 7% Water 7% Air 7% Fire 7%
    PM me or search Zenandpeace

Need more knights to help with EB? add me WBR-YNW-WXM

What was your guild placed in during the raid and the last war? And what was the best war/raid of this guild?
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

The "minis" don't always drop 4 star materials. Some drop OLD epic boss pieces, which are 2 star super rare. I can't remember which levels exactly, but I know one of the levels, there's a mini Steam Wizard, which drops 5 pieces for the Steam Wizard's robes.

Also, (this idea was mentioned in another post) going for Kingdom of Darkness is best when your experience bar is about 80% full, hire two friends and you should level up somewhere in the middle of the stage and be able to finish without the use of gems. Then just farm an easier Heroic stage (I like Flaming Wildwood) to earn XP, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Adisty; 12-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.

We generally place Ribbon E, we only have 8 - 12 active members who participate in every event.
    We aren't looking to get in to top 25's, just having fun in guild events and hoping to fill out a bit.

We may put a little more structure in to requirements if the guild fills up, but so far the people that join seem to recruit for other guilds and then drop out.. I guess there's a lot of guilds looking to recruit. Honestly we're just a dozen friends from Green Bay that compete (mostly with each other) while drinking and gaming on the weekends lol.

Our top 8 this last Raid scored 1 - 6 million each

Adisty - Thanks for the information, I'll update that. That's actually a good point about gaining levels because that last board is a pain. I actually knocked farmed the 8 gems from Kingdoms of Darkness first and was spending 5 gems per run. I almost cried with joy when I realized not all the boards were that insane.
    Last edited by inzendrin; 12-01-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Zenandpeace - Guild Level 51 - Guild Sentinel
    23/33 Members - Several HC openings
    Always recruiting, having fun
    Spirit 7% Earth 7% Water 7% Air 7% Fire 7%
    PM me or search Zenandpeace

Need more knights to help with EB? add me WBR-YNW-WXM

Nice post. Very helpful
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

Good post, it speeds thing up greatly if you go in with the correct armors. Getting into EB+ at least to start out is a big help as well.

I need help on Kingdom of darkness. Can you tell more detail ??. Thanks a alot.

Quote Originally Posted by BunRieuCua View Post
    I need help on Kingdom of darkness. Can you tell more detail ??. Thanks a alot.
    this link describe KoD in more detail: http://knights-and-dragons.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:214089

Thank you

This was a really nice help. :-)

Neat Post

The spreadsheet really helped me finish early, I followed it with the specific elements to use against the areas and finished with 15 days left. Thanks a lot for the information.

Nice spreadsheet for new players. Good work!

is it

Not that easy.

Not any more! Drop rate is ridiculous. Took me at least 15 runs through writhing cascades to get my first shard there. Seriously losing any enjoyment.

The drop rate seems to have really been toyed with a bit.
    It's quite funny when one requires 49 runs of a section to complete 1/16 of an epic he doesn't need. But oh well - Not like I cant break that record.

36 Kingdom of Darkness waves for 6 Fragments, thank you very much!

Overall, all this drop rate alteration does is give solid players another reason to wait until Dual element Heroics - Given you have more than 24 hours of time by then.
    Thank you anyway, for altering a fun grind towards something that makes me look forward to fusing this Mono Earth+ away with something like a maelstrom.

Cheers;
    ~ Phill
    Head of Majestic Nation
    GM of The Immortals, T50 Guild - Android
    Line ID: le-phill

Isn't mortality mainstream? It's 2015 - Don't be mortal, Join now!