GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please remove unpaid mods

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Please remove unpaid mods

Seriously, no offence to these guys but they have no where near enough training and are not paid. We need professionals, not guys with opinions who get to swing an axe. Gree be professional, train these guys THoroUGhly before letting them loose in here.

I don't want comments bagging out these guys as they are trying their best. But an open discussion on organisational procedure is welcome.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Bam bam, the flaw in your theory is thinking that gree could train them

Gree and its staff are clueless, what would they teach them? To be cluelesser?

And thanks for your feedback, I hope this helped!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    What...things like replying in already closed threads with some quips like this:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...dern-War/page3

Gotta have 1337 H4x0R skillz for that one brah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Post Count
    Give the mods a break. They're like used car salesmen trying to spruik the junker sitting up on blocks with three wheels missing, chickens nesting in the drivers seat and the engine rusting on the porch under a tarp. There's only so much they can do.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Give the mods a break. They're like used car salesmen trying to spruik the junker sitting up on blocks with three wheels missing, chickens nesting in the drivers seat and the engine rusting on the porch under a tarp. There's only so much they can do.
    True, but its obvious one might be on a bit of a power trip. iTunes cards anyone?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pick_sax View Post
    Bam bam, the flaw in your theory is thinking that gree could train them

Gree and its staff are clueless, what would they teach them? To be cluelesser?

And thanks for your feedback, I hope this helped!
    Maybe I should of mentioned to outsource the training.

Post Count
    Moderation is probably the most thankless task in the online world, it can also be the most abused privilige.

A good moderator, moderates a forum. Keyword being moderate as in being almost invisible but yet able to keep the discourse lively and civil. Basically boils down to common sense and that is something that you don't really teach in 'moderator school'.

Gree was IMHO very sneeky in how they folded this moderator job into customer appreciation month. Sneeky in that they hung these players out to dry because they realized that their own employees were taking a lot of heat from their irate customer base. What we will likely never know is if gree is the puppetmaster hiding in the shadows or these guys are just making things up as they muddle along.

If in fact they are taking orders from gree in terms of banning and closing threads then I might humbly suggest that you guys resign your positions because quite frankly you got used.

If however you are making things up and putting the TOS in your own words I offer a suggestion. Rule with a much lighter hand, direct threads before they spiral out of control or better yet get the information from the mothership that the customer base is clamoring for. You are perceived as the liason between us and them. I get that your job is to keep things to a dull roar but you have a raging fire on your hands....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    What...things like replying in already closed threads with some quips like this:

Yes those comments are not called for.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Yes those comments are not called for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post

I don't know why you all complain here? Where is a problem?
    Offcourse that discrimination or insults based on sex gender,sex orientation,religion ,rase or nationality is wrong.
    This forum doesn't tolerate that and i think no other forum does..
    I posted on that thread because i saw that and needed to say in public that is not ok!

The other forum moderator Legalious wanted to do the same as i was trying weeks before to calm people down when the problems started with new update.
    But you all turned on us as we did something wrong!
    Complaining is really easy and you all mostly just complain about everything
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    This post i am posting as a forum member and not a moderator!
    As a human i wont tolerate any discrimination!
    I am liberal on my views on the world and wish the best for each human!
    I can tolerate different views and respect each person and that i expect and from you all no mater on your belives!
    We can't be the same and think the same but we can tolerate each other but things as insults or wishing somebody to be miserable or worst is just WRONG
    Last edited by DragCro; 11-29-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    Moderation is probably the most thankless task in the online world, it can also be the most abused privilige.

A good moderator, moderates a forum. Keyword being moderate as in being almost invisible but yet able to keep the discourse lively and civil. Basically boils down to common sense and that is something that you don't really teach in 'moderator school'.

Gree was IMHO very sneeky in how they folded this moderator job into customer appreciation month. Sneeky in that they hung these players out to dry because they realized that their own employees were taking a lot of heat from their irate customer base. What we will likely never know is if gree is the puppetmaster hiding in the shadows or these guys are just making things up as they muddle along.

If in fact they are taking orders from gree in terms of banning and closing threads then I might humbly suggest that you guys resign your positions because quite frankly you got used.

If however you are making things up and putting the TOS in your own words I offer a suggestion. Rule with a much lighter hand, direct threads before they spiral out of control or better yet get the information from the mothership that the customer base is clamoring for. You are perceived as the liason between us and them. I get that your job is to keep things to a dull roar but you have a raging fire on your hands....
    The thing that you all here doesn't understand is that we are not ordinary moderators!
    We are still forum members and players and we as that have our opinion that we can share as a forum members,the title that we are now forum moderators doesn't forbide us to post as a forum
    members or have our own opinion!

I reached 1000 posts yesterday and i am proud on my self that on all those 1000 posts i didn't get one ban!
    I always helped from beginning of this game and forum and didn't post jiberish or trol around!
    Didn't complain to much,for those things that i complained i did that with respect to each admin or Gree employee,nice word can get you more far than the harsh and insulting!
    Most of you still didn't learn to behave and you are here long long time...
    Last edited by DragCro; 11-29-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    [FK] TITAN

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    You needed to say nothing. That's the problem. Legalious already handled it (well I might add, though deleting the offending post would have been a perfect solution). There was no need for additional comment from you. Hence why the thread was LOCKED. Reopenimg it to add you personal commentary was an abuse of power, plain and simple.

Ok, off to the store now. It's looking like I'm going to have to buy a LOT of iTunes cards.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    No, you are just like every other moderator on every other Internet forum. You are not normal members now. You are expected to walk that fine line that means you may not be able to always say something just before you feel you should. It sucks, but that's what you signed up for. Thicker skin wouldn't hurt either, as you seem to be very sensitive to any kind of commentary that is meant to be helpful but goes against what you currently feel and believe.

You've also made the mistake of trying to moderate a community you have zero history with. Lurking around, finding out what's really going on, who's who, what the real issues are, and knowing real true honest answers instead of the empty ones you've provided is far preferred than anything you've done. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but to date you are failing in your role.
    Last edited by Adm.; 11-29-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    The thing that you all here doesn't understand is that we are not ordinary moderators!
    We are still forum members and players and we as that have our opinion that we can share as a forum members,the title that we are now forum moderators doesn't forbide us to post as a forum
    members or have our own opinion!

I reached 1000 posts yesterday and i am proud on my self that on all those 1000 posts i didn't get one ban!
    I always helped from beginning of this game and forum and didn't post jiberish or trol around!
    Didn't complain to much,for those things that i complained i did that with respect to each admin or Gree employee,nice word can get you more far than the harsh and insulting!
    Most of you still didn't learn to behave and you are here long long time...
    Actually if you read my post you would see that I do understand that you are a player, also why I tread so lightly around this hot potatoe subject. This isn't my first rodeo

Where others are getting their backs up is because there is a very strong impression of iron hand rule, and it does not help that you really are one of us because in a sense you more than anyone should understand why this is all going to crap and should be on 'our side'. So part of the anger directed to you is because some feel betrayed, I personally am ambivalent, I get how tough it is to moderate an unruley crew, I've done it. But this unruley crew are paying customers and they are frustrated, angry and fed up.

We are long past the point of cheery thoughts and happy posts.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm. View Post
    No, you are just like every other moderator on every other Internet forum. You are not normal members now. You are expected to walk that fine line that means you may not be able to always say something just before you feel you should. It sucks, but that's what you signed up for. Thicker skin wouldn't hurt either, as you seem to be very sensitive to any kind of commentary that is meant to be helpful but goes against what you currently feel and believe.

You've also made the mistake of trying to moderate a community you have zero history with. Lurking around, finding out what's really going on, who's who, what the real issues are, and knowing real true honest answers instead of the empty ones you've provided is far preferred than anything you've done. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but to date you are failing in your role.
    I think you nailed it.
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+