Temp boosts getting out of hand...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Temp boosts getting out of hand...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Temp boosts getting out of hand...

Too much leveling up, too much time demanded.. for a temp boost... am I alone on this?

Figure, keep mindlessly upgrading base.. hope for a change.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Nope you're not alone. I am doing way too much work to have it all erased in a couple days.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The idea is to NOT level up, yet, the pursuit of temp stats clouds the overall idea.

Yes, you are probably alone...and you are losing.

Stop. Chasing. Stats.
    .....you will never catch up.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    You guys aren't being forced to go after any temp boost. Leveling up is a part of this game though. Most of the better bonuses are in the FLTQ, which most factions would do regardless for the bonuses prizes at the end and for the speed prizes. And for those factions that choose to finish master or prestige FLTQ I'm sure they feel getting those said bonuses, are in fact a "bonus" for their hard work.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Why, when anyone brings up anything.. there is always some genius that states " nobody is forcing you"... duh, yes, no one is forcing anyone to play.... great input...keep up the good work...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The idea is to pick and choose what to go for like I'm not doing any of the indy goals now unless the boost is good like health regen and that's just because of war just go for what appeals to you and your faction

Post Count

+1 in favor of temp boosts

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    Too much leveling up, too much time demanded.. for a temp boost... am I alone on this?

I actually like the temp boosts - the temp +1 bldg upgrades have allowed me to take my iph from about 7M to over 18M in the last 3-4 months...this translates to more cash for my faction, more cash to buy frontline units or more cash to buy units from the store for my inventory.

The temp health regen bonuses allow me to complete Epic Boss faster and allow me to attack more during WD.

The energy regen bonuses allow me to complete more LTQ and fLTQ missions - My faction has finished several masters and prestige LTQs - something we would not have been able to do without the energy packs and energy regen boosts.

And lastly, the temp attack/defense boosts allow me to reach more players and beat them when attacking, raiding, or matching up during WD -- and the defense boosts have prevented some of the lower stat folks from doing the same to me.

Has it been more work? Sure to some degree and it's been my choice to spend that time. Have I leveled up more? Probably - but I feel like I've been able to keep ahead of the pace with the levels in terms of my perm stats given that all of the temp boosts have improved my individual achievements in FL and WD.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I also agree. I have grown to like them..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by killlerb View Post
    I actually like the temp boosts - the temp +1 bldg upgrades have allowed me to take my iph from about 7M to over 18M in the last 3-4 months...this translates to more cash for my faction, more cash to buy frontline units or more cash to buy units from the store for my inventory.

The temp health regen bonuses allow me to complete Epic Boss faster and allow me to attack more during WD.

The energy regen bonuses allow me to complete more LTQ and fLTQ missions - My faction has finished several masters and prestige LTQs - something we would not have been able to do without the energy packs and energy regen boosts.

And lastly, the temp attack/defense boosts allow me to reach more players and beat them when attacking, raiding, or matching up during WD -- and the defense boosts have prevented some of the lower stat folks from doing the same to me.

Has it been more work? Sure to some degree and it's been my choice to spend that time. Have I leveled up more? Probably - but I feel like I've been able to keep ahead of the pace with the levels in terms of my perm stats given that all of the temp boosts have improved my individual achievements in FL and WD.
    I also am a huge fan of temp boosts.

...if there is no 'F' in the 'LTQ'.....don't touch it.

XP is forever, temp boosts are.......well........you know...

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Funny 3-4 months of temp boosts are helping when they've only been around for just about two months.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not to mention temp boosts like 'raid valor payout' and 'mission payout'. Does anyone even do the missions anymore?
    Col
    Faction ID: 975-498-211
    Health Regen Time -22%
    Bldg Def: + 15%
    Inf Def: + 20%
    Grd Def: + 15%
    Air Def: + 20%
    Bldg Output: + 10%

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why, when anyone brings up anything.. there is always some genius that states " nobody is forcing you"... duh, yes, no one is forcing anyone to play.... great input...keep up the good work...

Nice opening post. It's filled with a lot of great input..... Keep up the good work. Keep crying about how this game is too much for you.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sorry guys, I forgot to credit the other group of useless contributors to any thread that isn't gushing over how great Modern War is... the intellectual giants that denigrate the poster, as "crying"... you folks have not been forgotten.. keep up the great work.
    Last edited by mayhem; 11-26-2014 at 06:48 PM.