GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

Social Media Manager
    Post Count

[AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

Hey Summoners,

We'll be hosting an AMA tomorrow, November 19, from 4pm PST-5pm PST! Don't miss out on getting to ask all your questions on the new features, Hero Equip and Crafting.

We'll be joined by Derez and WaffleKing! Remember to tell your friends and join us!

Thanks!

Post Count
    Only an hour window again, hey?

Just a suggestion, Tadaaah, but I'd also suggest perhaps, if you all plan to makes these a thing, to also do a bit of Q and A type things... let folks have a few days to offer up questions, then lock the thread and make a nice Q&A post after sifting through and answering all relevant questions that are related to the game. Just a suggestion, mind you.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

just 1 hour

i appreciate you dont want to be answering questions for what might seem a long time but an hour will not be sufficient to answer the questions that will be flooding in from this change in the game.

I have read and re-read how this new system is being played and still dont have a clue, so please, as the first reply states.....please spend longer on this or close the thread and answer as many as you can that have a common theme.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Mistakes can be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey Summoners,

We'll be hosting an AMA tomorrow, November 19, from 4pm PST-5pm PST! Don't miss out on getting to ask all your questions on the new features, Hero Equip and Crafting.

We'll be joined by Derez and WaffleKing! Remember to tell your friends and join us!

Thanks!
    Will you remove crafting building from game please and thank you

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post
    Will you remove crafting building from game please and thank you
    I appreciate that you probably wanna get your post count up, but this is at least the third time you've posted the same thing (and you did it twice in this thread??)

Whether or not Gree reads it, the community here does, and many of us don't want to read the same thing posted in different threads by the same person... thx!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I hope you do realize that at 4 PM PST, which is in my time zone 1 AM (european) you will only have a very limited screening

Perhaps a Q&A thread might indeed be better suited as was suggested before.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    A Q&A thread may happen in the future. We actually tried that when I first came on with Modern War. We couldn't get answers out for 6 weeks. This works for now (it guarantees you get answers), until we can get the other sorted out with a harder deadline enforced across departments. This is the time they were available. We'll try to switch it up and see if we can't get any larger windows of time in the future.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Sorry I'm new to posting

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    I appreciate that you probably wanna get your post count up, but this is at least the third time you've posted the same thing (and you did it twice in this thread??)

Whether or not Gree reads it, the community here does, and many of us don't want to read the same thing posted in different threads by the same person... thx!
    Didn't mean to post in the same spot really just waiting on answer I already know before I delete ka

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Grizzlybear..... You and everyone else knows agree is NOT gonna remove the crafting building so if your waiting for that answer to figure out whether you delete the game then you mise well delete it. It's not gonna happen as it's a new style to the game gree has released. We are all gonna have to just adapt to it or you can do what you say you are gonna do and stop playing. It's a choice all of us have and we are all free to make that choice. Not trying to be a a$$ just being honest.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Q&A starts now!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thanks to the developers for coming to help us understand the new changes. I would like explanations / clarifications on the following points:

1). We have this new game logic for determining who wins battles, but we have no idea how it really works!

We do know that it uses unit attack and defense, equipment attack and defense and Hero attack and defense. But we do not know the ratios.
    Is it 34%, 33%, 33%?
    60%, 25%, 15%?
    20%, 60%, 20%?
    Something else?
    Is defense weighted heavier than attack?

To spring this on us with no explanation the day before a war was unconscionable.

I've seen a plea for ONE stat that will help us to understand who will win a battle or raid. That would be a GREAT thing to do. Keep the unit, equipment and hero stats, so we can work on improving them, but roll them into a "master stat" so we can determine the outcome of battles better. Right now it's just a roll of the dice.

2). I don't see any value for the vouchers we worked so hard to get during guild events. A Pumpkin Head, without a boost, worth 13/13 for 39/39 in the Icabod Chain Raid Boss event instead of the previous RB prize of the Cutthroat Cultist 302k/177k unit with a +3% alliance size increase? It seems that you have lost touch with reality. Or maybe you just haven't explained how the pumpkin head is better. I sure don't see the pumpkin head as being worth much of anything at all.

3). The individual rewards in the war were a joke. I won a Wand of Affliction 68/45. My oldest game has 138 weapons stronger than that. Of course, it did replace a weaker weapon, but not much of a gain that I can see.

4). Skill points. I never saw any use for attack or defensive skill points. So I never got any. Suddenly, that all changed. Will we be able to reset our skill points?

5). Crafting. So far, all I can see are some weak weapons and armor, and some new foot and head gear and artifacts. Since we didn't have any head and foot gear and artifacts before, they do increase hero attack and defense a little bit. Better for killing mobs, and less need for Hero skill points. But the weapons and armor are not very good. You can buy stuff in the store and get better stuff dropped on the maps. So far, I don't see much value to crafting. We have had a bit of vague info, but it's not very helpful.

6). A suggestion: How about when we pick a trial, we have a choice of a trial with units as prizes (like we have now), or a trial with items as prizes? I have old games with lots of strong items, and newer games with very few items. The choice would help us out.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Nevermind... I'll just read.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 11-19-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    Line ID: clementine88

Hello from Celtic Angel Warriors. Thanks for talking with us tonight. It's late here (Europe), but we are very eager to ask you some questions. Sorry if some of them repeats previous questions. But first let us thank you for some very exciting new features! Even though the release of the update was unfortunate, we do hope these new features will improve the game when everything is working properly and everyone understands the new way of playing the game. So, here we go:

- How is the Hero Strength and Hero Defense calculated?
    - Which skillpoint(s) affect Hero Strength and Hero Defense and by how much?
    - How does the other skillpoints affect the other categories of stats?
    - Does your level affects your stats? In that case which stats and by how much?
    - Is there any other parameters/algorithm that affects the outcome of a PvP-fight/war rather than the three stats-categories?
    - In the last war you couldn't immediately see the opponents full stats. Only after you attacked you could click and get up the full profile. Will this be changed now since we need all stats on the table to determine the outcome of a fight?
    - Will you try and even out the gap in which a guy with considerably lower Units-stats can win over a guy with high stats? Yes, "best of 2 out of 3", but still, this gap is too big to be fun. We would wish that you put in an algorithm stat stops this gap at, let's say 20% higher than your own.
    - When will our extra allies return (for us that won those kind of bonuses in the past)?
    - When can we upgrade the Crafting Workshop?
    - And get some decent recipes to craft?
    - Will there be any new guild-bonuses now to complement these new updates? Like a Army Equipment-bonus?
    - Will you compensate us in any way as an excuse for how things went haywire when the war started?

And a sincere request from everyone in Celtic Angel Warriors:
    Please, please GREE: don't launch any updates right before a war again, but rather after it is over.

Post Count
    Hi Tadaaah,

I will start with three questions.

1. Is there a plan for a skill point reset, if so, when is this planned for release and what will be the cost?

2. Will higher stat weapons and armor be craft able compared to what's currently available?

3. Did gree foresee the obsolescence of "power minis" with this change to hero strength and the new attack calculations?
    The Raiding Barbarians - Top 10

Nightwind |TRB|

Post Count
    Well, my questions have already been asked, but I'll reiterate.

1) It was implied that our Army Attack (units) and Army Defense (units) was still the "main source" of determining who wins. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case as I can attack someone who is hundreds of millions lower than me but still lose because my Army and Hero Equipment were lower. Can you please explain the mechanics in full? How are is it determined who wins?

2) How are our stats calculated? As far as I can tell, Attack and Defense (Equip) are our raw numbers totaled from our equipment with no bonuses added, but I cannot figure out Attack (Hero) and Defense (Hero). I can see that they are modified by our skill point allotment, but can you clarify exactly how these stats are calculated, please?

3) When do we get our skill point reset?

4) On the Hero Equip tab in our profile, on the left there is a list for "Damage Bonuses". What exactly are these and what do they mean? I can see that I have +10% Infantry Defense from my Body armor and my "Total Power" is 887 and the Infantry Defense under the bonuses is +88 so I can easily tell that the 10% bonus on the armor is applying to my Total Power and giving me the bonus. I can see how they are calculated, that is simple. I just don't know what it means to have +88 Infantry Defense in Damage Bonuses.
    Last edited by the_bob; 11-19-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added a 4th