Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Time for a Market Correction

With the addition of new and exciting units, the odds worsen for the player hoping to get a specific unit for promoting his other units. Since I've been playing, a large amount of new units have been introduced. Broadening the pool of units is exciting, but at the same time it's frustrating to see our gold chest odds get worse week by week. I suggest retiring some of the Rare units, starting with the universally despised Apollo Nuke/Great Bombard/Might of the Worker.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    With the addition of new and exciting units, the odds worsen for the player hoping to get a specific unit for promoting his other units. Since I've been playing, a large amount of new units have been introduced. Broadening the pool of units is exciting, but at the same time it's frustrating to see our gold chest odds get worse week by week. I suggest retiring some of the Rare units, starting with the universally despised Apollo Nuke/Great Bombard/Might of the Worker.
    The entire Key system needs a drastic overhaul. At the moment it is just a con. It is a way of appearing to give a prize when in most cases nothing of true value is given. Our time and effort are not properly rewarded and as a result we feel angry and frustrated. Many people have told Gree this but they choose to ignore because for now the con works in their favour. But they are being very shortsighted. Unless this injustice at the heart of the game is corrected it could ultimately lead to the eventual destruction of the game itself.

It's too bad really, because it's a good game idea and I really enjoy playing it when we have the Boss events. The other events are a waste of time, especially these invasion events. I like playing the missions, but once you've beat the 20 missions it becomes an exercise in tedium. The goal list pts don't even begin to get you close to the top rewards and playing the missions over and over for 1000-2000 pts each time is boring in the extreme. The keys and units…ugh…so much has been said about them and I've had plenty to say about them myself. But Gree keeps making it worse, not better. And now they appear to have added a fourth class of units that will be even more frustratingly rare and nearly impossible to get. The unit drops are getting too much like playing the lottery, where the odds for winning anything, let alone the top prize, are minuscule. Do they really expect us to keep wasting our money and/or time for no reward?
    Last edited by Ldomino; 11-21-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Correction

I think they do. More people are quitting each day. Such a shame

I notice that these same criticisms are starting to appear in the reviews of the game in the App Store.

I speak out on here because I want the game to survive. I want to help it improve.

There are simple solutions to all of these problems.

Agree. I don't want them to scrap the game but they will end up doing so if they don't listen to the players who are making suggestions. I don't think any of us expect them to develop and maintain this game for free (well some idiots might, but most of us don't), but we also don't want to spend our money on nothing. This is the only game I've ever played where I don't get something useful and helpful in the game for my money or when I win rewards like the silver and gold keys. If I spend money for gold warchests, I wind up feeling cheated. So i don't spend much anymore. That's not a good business model. I don't like the random unit drop format, but I would put up with it if the odds of getting useful units were much higher. I think it's the reason they have so much trouble with people cheating. (Nearly half my alliance got banned about a week ago!) And as I said earlier, the only useful event is the Boss events. I have no idea how one goes about winning a million pts for the top prize in these invasion events. It's a grind to even get a few hundred thousand. So I don't play that much until the rotation lands on the Boss events. Another problem that needs fixed.

Thumbs down Lottery

Exactly ^

I've used to have no problem spending $20-$50 I can afford it and at the same time I was hoping to pitch in and help keep this game at float BUT!!!!
    Last few times I've spent $20 I absolutelly got crap of units so I asked my self there must be a glitch or a problem so I went online and BOOM, my God all of the complaints and bad reviews it was awful. So after reading countless posts and not a single reply from GREE I've stopped spending money for good.

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one. If adds of spending your real money for a crappy unit (worthless) is greater then of getting a worthy SR or UR, why risk it?

Everything in life is evaluated on risk and gains, if my risk is greater then my gain I won't do it. I do t like to gamble with my money and that's exactly what's going on here.

Sorry GREE you lost my trust and there for you lost my $!

Questions: What if some of the older units were rebalanced? Or instead of 'retiring' units, we did events were you, the players, vote for some of your favorite units and we up the drop rate for those?

I like all of those ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Questions: What if some of the older units were rebalanced? Or instead of 'retiring' units, we did events were you, the players, vote for some of your favorite units and we up the drop rate for those?
    Proof be right there this stuff already isn't random chance to drop. It's pre-programmed BS. Tadaah, think about this...people are spending $20-$100 at a crack trying to get stuff out of the gold chests. $20-$100...that's the price of a PS4 or XBOX one game. When we've gotten a bunch of Apollo Nukes over the last whatever amount of months, we're pretty pissed off. You've already lost me. I will never spend another cent on this game...ALL Rares are useless since the power-boost against UR's, and can barely compete with a level 20 UR. I'd be shocked to see an equal footing of a rebalance that works well.

Tadaaah, the change in balance of the units has completely altered the game. and not for the better.

I don't mind having a fully leveled sr be stronger than a lvl 20 ur card. I enjoyed grinding out events when i had a chance at a ur unit.

then the scores to earn a UR unit doubled; making that achievement impossible. now almost all events dont have ur units as a reward anymore.

i think the community as a whole understands that gree is in the business of making money; what the community wants is an enjoyable game that we actually have a chance to compete in; and currently that is not the case.

I have no objections to the winner of an event earning an epic card or more than one; they've certainly spent their way to the top and should be rewarded. But please stop making the events punitive towards the rest of the community.

i get UR and SR all the time in gold chests doesnt matter if i spend $20 or $50 . they really need to get a trade system in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Any news on an update yet ?? how about limiting "Common" to level 10 and "Uncommon" to level 30 ? as most of us don't use them for anything except to sell or use copius amounts of them to Upgrade better units ? or maybe something different how about "A Exchange" day ..so 1 day to Exchange units of the same Group
    eg:- Great Bombard exchange for the Heli unit ? or maybe a 2 Rare for 1 Super Rare?? or 3=1 ?

I like the voting for units idea. Some units need to be revamped as well. My problem is all these countermeasure units especially the UC ones that have absolutely no value after the event is over and are just cluttering the chests. Maybe have them good for more than one event like have the same CM for the PVP (or Alliance wars now) and the Invasion and the Boss battle then introduce a new set of countermeasure units. Part of that request also has to do with the fact that I'm an admin on the wiki and am getting tired of trying to keep up with all these new units and collecting stats on them. These new UC rocket squads are a great example because they are more than double the cost of the original UC rocket squad and definitely not double the value in combat so it's just a worthless new unit except as a countermeasure bonus. I would prefer to have existing units be countermeasure units of course that way no chest clutter but at least reduce the amount of new units.

Angry Tried 7 more gold keys

Useless bombard, Apollo nuke x2, might of worker and rest rare crp. And this was during the 25% boost in sr, ur drops. I give up...