Really? What are these stats doing for us? - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Really? What are these stats doing for us?

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JaiZo View Post
    I never spent a dime on this game nor MW and I continue to grow in stats and IPH with my, also paid gold-less, Syn and Faction.

Someone also brought up a good point about the video offers. If you can save up enough gold over time from the video offers you'll have enough gold to give extra support to your group.
    This method can be juggled between members of the group, allowing most members to skip all gold use during an event cycle to save up the gold and having the rest use the gold they saved up from the previous event cycle while the others were using gold.
    I hope that last sentence wasn't too confusing.

Anyway, I should say(to stay at least somewhat on-topic), video offer gold can help you get your building to level 10 in time (IPH permitting).
    I can confirm this myself seeing as how I've gotten plenty of buildings to 10 on time and haven't actually paid for gold.

About the 1% modifier per upgrade, I personally find that's a better reward than getting 9 non-modifying items and then then 1 modifier. This format gives new or low IPH players a chance to at least get something decent, rather than giving them no chance to get it at all.

Not having stat inflation as severe as MW in CC is a good thing. I say keep the modifiers and item rewards relatively small. It will let the game keep going for a longer period of time without it creeping up on its inevitable endgame.
    Stay inflation is making its way in CC. It won't be long before 500m+ is commonplace for top 250 teams, especially with the mods we are getting.
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatkidyouknow View Post
    Stay inflation is making its way in CC. It won't be long before 500m+ is commonplace for top 250 teams, especially with the mods we are getting.
    I'm waiting for the first 1 mil A/D weapon.

Post Count
    Someone also brought up a good point about the video offers. If you can save up enough gold over time from the video offers you'll have enough gold to give extra support to your group.
    This method can be juggled between members of the group, allowing most members to skip all gold use during an event cycle to save up the gold and having the rest use the gold they saved up from the previous event cycle while the others were using gold.
    I hope that last sentence wasn't too confusing.
    I did that once, saved up 500 gold from video offers alone.. blew it all in the first 11 hour war when I was in my relatively new T150 syn with 15 players.. now I no longer get videos since I got my new phone. Saving is very effective though, I actually scra.ped up near 800/900 gold from just tapjoy offers (one being 450 itself) to hold my mins in a T20.. but since I'm no longer there I can now save the 500 I have left in case I need it in the future
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    I'm waiting for the first 1 mil A/D weapon.
    Lmao so was I, when I saw the T1 prize last war with 600k stats I thought it'd be soon but GREE was smart and lowered all the stat items for the SA prizes

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Lmao so was I, when I saw the T1 prize last war with 600k stats I thought it'd be soon but GREE was smart and lowered all the stat items for the SA prizes
    I can't believe you put gree and smart in the same sentence.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by headfaction View Post
    I can't believe you put gree and smart in the same sentence.
    Me either :O

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatkidyouknow View Post
    So? These doomsday prophecies always amused me. 3 years ago everyone had 50 attack, and someone warned about the day where everyone will have (heaven forbid) 50k atk! Then everyone had 50k and we were warned about 5m, 50m etc.
    Nothing wrong with inflation, as long as it's relatively steady (and it is).
    Trying to artificially slow it down is something gree already tried and failed in the past. It's not like there's an upper limit.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    So? These doomsday prophecies always amused me. 3 years ago everyone had 50 attack, and someone warned about the day where everyone will have (heaven forbid) 50k atk! Then everyone had 50k and we were warned about 5m, 50m etc.
    Trying to artificially slow it down is something gree already tried and failed in the past. It's not like there's an upper limit.
    Yup I agree! Isn't nothing wrong with inflation... If you can get up with your stats.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    Where do you think these games will be in 3 more years? I want your opinion. With inflation in mind. CC that is, and (if you wish) MW. What will the average statistics be for a member of a top 1,000 group and where will the new players start?
    (All of this assuming the inflation keeps going on the way it does.)

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Where do you think these games will be in 3 more years? I want your opinion. With inflation in mind. CC that is, and (if you wish) MW. What will the average statistics be for a member of a top 1,000 group and where will the new players start?
    (All of this assuming the inflation keeps going on the way it does.)
    If Gree is still around, and they probably will be, these games will probably be doing about the same as ever. Whatever the average stats of the top 1,000 syndicates, new players will catch up to be competitive just as easily as they currently do.

The real issue with stat inflation is how quickly past gold spend becomes devalued. Three years ago it cost hundreds or thousands of real dollars to obtain stats in the neighborhood of 300k. These days stats like that are available from just one item. If inflation happens too quickly nobody will bother using gold because anything spent today is worth nothing tomorrow. If inflation occurs too slowly people reach a point where they feel like they've hit a ceiling and get bored.

On topic, if the stats on LTB items don't make it into your mafia, time to get out your wallet. Once it's out though, you can never put it away or you'll again be upset you can't "make any progress" for free.