Quote Originally Posted by JaiZo View Post
I never spent a dime on this game nor MW and I continue to grow in stats and IPH with my, also paid gold-less, Syn and Faction.

Someone also brought up a good point about the video offers. If you can save up enough gold over time from the video offers you'll have enough gold to give extra support to your group.
This method can be juggled between members of the group, allowing most members to skip all gold use during an event cycle to save up the gold and having the rest use the gold they saved up from the previous event cycle while the others were using gold.
I hope that last sentence wasn't too confusing.

Anyway, I should say(to stay at least somewhat on-topic), video offer gold can help you get your building to level 10 in time (IPH permitting).
I can confirm this myself seeing as how I've gotten plenty of buildings to 10 on time and haven't actually paid for gold.

About the 1% modifier per upgrade, I personally find that's a better reward than getting 9 non-modifying items and then then 1 modifier. This format gives new or low IPH players a chance to at least get something decent, rather than giving them no chance to get it at all.

Not having stat inflation as severe as MW in CC is a good thing. I say keep the modifiers and item rewards relatively small. It will let the game keep going for a longer period of time without it creeping up on its inevitable endgame.
Stay inflation is making its way in CC. It won't be long before 500m+ is commonplace for top 250 teams, especially with the mods we are getting.