Really? What are these stats doing for us?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really? What are these stats doing for us?

Consistent Contributor Baltimore Bully's Avatar
    Post Count

Question Really? What are these stats doing for us?

What are these crappy stats items doing for anybody?^^^
    Then you look at games like modern war and kingdom age... Giving you a better item every time you upgrade the building to a new level. For example:

See what I mean? You get a beast item at level 10 and beast items in between levels to. Also not those boring attack and defense mods every cycle. What are you all's thoughts on this matter?

Post Count
    What's casualty rate?

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Bully View Post

What are these crappy stats items doing for anybody?^^^
    Then you look at games like modern war and kingdom age... Giving you a better item every time you upgrade the building to a new level. For example:

See what I mean? You get a beast item at level 10 and beast items in between levels to. Also not those boring attack and defense mods every cycle. What are you all's thoughts on this matter?
    This is what we need! It would be great to get a nice item/ mod for hitting level 10. I get to level 10 after the events end. If we had a good reason to finish within the event timeframe I would have no problem using gold to finish.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    What's casualty rate?
    On modern war when buying units/ store items. Such as infantry, ground, air, sea) it states casualty rate:very low, low, medium, high. High = Greater chance of being killed and Very Low = Slim chance of being killed. They can be killed by fighting or raiding.

Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by umatic View Post
    This is what we need! It would be great to get a nice item/ mod for hitting level 10. I get to level 10 after the events end. If we had a good reason to finish within the event timeframe I would have no problem using gold to finish.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying!

Post Count
    On modern war when buying units/ store items. Such as infantry, ground, air, sea) it states casualty rate:very low, low, medium, high. High = Greater chance of being killed and Very Low = Slim chance of being killed. They can be killed by fighting or raiding.
    Umm..a 4% casualty rate reduction for completing the lvl10 waterfront warehouse (10 billion cost for last level with no upgrade bonus btw) actually sucks just as much if not more...

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    MW and KA are obviously different from CC, and if I wanted to play them that's what I'd do. I like that CC does its own thing. I hear the stat inflation in MW and KA is pretty ridiculous, and thankfully it's not quite at that level in CC yet.

What I would like to see, however, are prizes with raw stats that are stronger than anything I can buy for RP or game cash in the equipment store. As for modifiers, I think I am past caring what they are. Attack and defence mods are not very intersting because I always have a target no matter what I'm doing. They are, however, the only mods that can be tossed out like free candy without having much impact on anything.

I think the only fair way to make the LTB prize modifiers anything else would be to go back to the old format, which would make the final prize and modifier harder to obtain for most people. No mods for levels 1-9, prize stats incrase at each level, and the "grand prize" item for completing the goal(s) awarded only upon completion of the level 10 upgrade.

What I hope to not see in CC for a really long time are items like those from the above MW and KA screenshots awarded at every upgrade level. Sure, they're nice items, but we don't need that kind of stat inflation.

Post Count

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    Umm..a 4% casualty rate reduction for completing the lvl10 waterfront warehouse (10 billion cost for last level with no upgrade bonus btw) actually sucks just as much if not more...
    Ok... I have -94% casualty rate reduction. So it will benefit me great. But what does that anything to do with anything with the crappy items we get form CC for each building?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    MW and KA are obviously different from CC, and if I wanted to play them that's what I'd do. I like that CC does its own thing. I hear the stat inflation in MW and KA is pretty ridiculous, and thankfully it's not quite at that level in CC yet.

What I would like to see, however, are prizes with raw stats that are stronger than anything I can buy for RP or game cash in the equipment store. As for modifiers, I think I am past caring what they are. Attack and defence mods are not very intersting because I always have a target no matter what I'm doing. They are, however, the only mods that can be tossed out like free candy without having much impact on anything.

I think the only fair way to make the LTB prize modifiers anything else would be to go back to the old format, which would make the final prize and modifier harder to obtain for most people. No mods for levels 1-9, prize stats incrase at each level, and the "grand prize" item for completing the goal(s) awarded only upon completion of the level 10 upgrade.

What I hope to not see in CC for a really long time are items like those from the above MW and KA screenshots awarded at every upgrade level. Sure, they're nice items, but we don't need that kind of stat inflation.
    I don't care about modded items either. I'll take a raw stat item over a mod any day especially a attack or defense item but I wanna benefit over other players with my IPH. I'm just saying those raw stats form the buildings aren't doing anything from my stats which sucks.

Post Count

Actually in MW only the final unit for completing lvl 10 has a mod, 1-9 are just basic units, but you are definitely correct about the ridiculous stat inflation otherwise...

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I don't care about modded items either. I'll take a raw stat item over a mod any day especially a attack or defense item but I wanna benefit over other players with my IPH. I'm just saying those raw stats form the buildings aren't doing anything from my stats which sucks.
    Did you accelerate your growth with gold? If the answer is yes, you've made your bed. Increasing the stats on LTB items will just allow your rivals to catch up that much quicker, devaluing every gold bar you've spent faster than the current rate of inflation already does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    Actually in MW only the final unit for completing lvl 10 has a mod, 1-9 are just basic units, but you are definitely correct about the ridiculous stat inflation otherwise...
    Returning to normal/basic units for levels 1 through 9 and a grand prize at 10 would be perfectly fine with me. If they want to have the same item at every level I guess that's fine too, but I won't ever really understand it. They would never award the same prize at every level of an LTQ/SLTQ, and the cost of the tenth item is more than the total cost of the first several items. It's almost as if it's intentionally illogical. Or designed by a monkey, either way.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    In the developers AMA, they said we were gonna get some better mods... So just be patient!
    Last edited by 1Shot; 11-20-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Post Count
    Did you accelerate your growth with gold? If the answer is yes, you've made your bed. Increasing the stats on LTB items will just allow your rivals to catch up that much quicker, devaluing every gold bar you've spent faster than the current rate of inflation already does.
    Nope. I'm a free player and always will be. Just built my game on great strategy. You don't have to spend a cent to be something in these games.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Nope. I'm a free player and always will be. Just built my game on great strategy. You don't have to spend a cent to be something in these games.
    I agree with your statement about spending not being necessary, but at least one of your other statements are false. If the raw stats on the LTB prizes do nothing for your stats, you either are not or have not always been a free player. If you are and always have been a free player, the raw stats on LTB prizes do still add to your stats.

Now, I'm not calling you a liar, but the claim that you're a free player who can't grow your raw stats with LTB prizes does not hold water. Gree has not made it possible to obtain, for free, 500 items of each category with stats that are greater than even the store equipment let alone the LTB prizes.

Exaggerate less or don't resort to hyperbole and you will at least sound more credible.

Post Count
    I agree with your statement about spending not being necessary, but at least one of your other statements are false. If the raw stats on the LTB prizes do nothing for your stats, you either are not or have not always been a free player. If you are and always have been a free player, the raw stats on LTB prizes do still add to your stats.

Now, I'm not calling you a liar, but the claim that you're a free player who can't grow your raw stats with LTB prizes does not hold water. Gree has not made it possible to obtain, for free, 500 items of each category with stats that are greater than even the store equipment let alone the LTB prizes.

Exaggerate less or don't resort to hyperbole and you will at least sound more credible.
    I know a lot of free players that get no gain from a 24K item. It's not hard to achieve big stats without paying real money. Just by being active and playing smart.