Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozstriker View Post
    43 gold keys = 5sr units, a dozen or 15 Apollo nukes, great bombards and a lot of useless R units except a hasteus prime I wanted.. The SR` were nothing special either.. Such a shame, with these low odds (even with an additional 20%) why would anyone wanna spend money?...
    There must be enough people out there who have not yet discovered the truth about the keys who are still spending.

These bogus offers and the very poor value for money display an utter contempt by Gree for their customers.

What I find interesting is that during the event if you open ten keys at a time then you get more SR but when I go through one at a time I don't see a major difference opening them during a Gold key event vs not during an event. Maybe since we all really want UR units now make it so the event is a 30% higher chance to get UR instead of UR and SR. I just really want to see UR's come from chests again and during these events all I still see is SR.

Angry just opened 9 gold chests at a special 30% event... Got pure Rare level units

Just collected some gold keys and waited for a increased oportunity at opening the chest... (30%) and got same and all rare level units..

Gree is in the GAMBLING side of the spectrum, for me its a no-no for spending real money... I suposse that eventually this will be forbiden by law with this oportunity to gain that desguisses pure and simple gambling... And with real money... Hope that that some smart attorney creates a class suit to stop this behaviour from "game" companies like Gree... As for me I just play until this is fixed with a legitimate way to obtain better units, or the game stops being entertaining...

look at it this way ..in KA they have now put you % chance on things like this...so to bring it here is like
    UR 6% chance
    SR 27% chance
    so with a 30% increase you now have
    7.8% chance for UR
    35.1% chance for SR
    not a real big increse but still an increase , i mean why spend real $$ for 1.8% or even 8.1% for that matter.....
    thats the base line on which you should work with, so not a good 30% depending on which way they calulate it
    A Genuine 30% would be 6% = 8.57% and 27% = 38.57% chance increase.

To put it in an even simpler way - if your chance of getting a UR were 1 in 20, then a 30% better chance would be 1.3 in 20.

Even if they doubled your chance - a 100% increase - it would still only be 2 in 20.

They are relying on the fact that most people don't understand numbers.

Yeah it used to be a double drop and you still got plenty of rares during those. I'm just surprised the chances got even worse this time around. Last 30% drop I accidentally opened ten at a time (I prefer doing one at a time) and got three SR. This time I talked to a lot of people who opened ten at a time and they got all rare. People went through 15 - 20 keys and got one SR unit. I miss the old days when I first started and even without getting hardly any event rewards I was still getting a good squad through chests.

I think I know what started all of this. Everywhere I kept seeing people saying that they could make good progress in this game without spending a cent. That must have really irked Gree. So now they are gradually creating a situation where you are unable to make any significant progress without spending a lot of real money.

Making sense

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    I think I know what started all of this. Everywhere I kept seeing people saying that they could make good progress in this game without spending a cent. That must have really irked Gree. So now they are gradually creating a situation where you are unable to make any significant progress without spending a lot of real money.
    Plenty of people were bragging about how well they're doing without spending a dime and calling those who were spending crazy or foolish. Those messages could have irritated Gree to some degree. They need our money to pay the salaries of their programmers. There is no free lunch in the world.

Opened 60 gold chest - 4 SR and rest all R unit.

Quote Originally Posted by HYE View Post
    Opened 60 gold chest - 4 SR and rest all R unit.
    Ouch. The already low percentage must have gone down, i have opened 8 and all rares
    Minihelten, very disappointed former member of Terminus alliance, looking for new home

Quote Originally Posted by WarZoneFare View Post
    Plenty of people were bragging about how well they're doing without spending a dime and calling those who were spending crazy or foolish. Those messages could have irritated Gree to some degree. They need our money to pay the salaries of their programmers. There is no free lunch in the world.
    Very true. But the very thing they want us to buy, Gold Keys, are gradually becoming less and less good value. Simple economics - if you want to sell more, make them cheaper, or better value, or both.

Even before they worsened the odds, some bloke spent one thousand dollars on Gold Keys and the best he ended up with was an Orontes 30.

I guess u meant gold bars which are for sale.

I opened 5 Golds and guess what AWESOMENESS thing i got !??? Might of the Worker ....how ironic !
    like i need another one of those like a hole in the head !
    the rest were low Rares not worth a nut to a racoon !
    i have stopped playing now , things have gotten outta control and the prizes are useless ! the drops and opens even worse.
    My little player cant even get to Boss 11 with rares cause they are all Cr@p !!C'Mon Gree look at the big picture !

While I can say I honestly do not know the exact percentage for this, if you were to open 11 at once, your chance for an SR should be pretty high.