Looks like Tadaah is hanging out in KA - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like Tadaah is hanging out in KA

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Every player that has given us their account to be looked into stats play out correctly. I think that part of the reason for confusion maybe the largest numbers are used and that players aren't taking into account that the other players Attack matters as well. It is more of an actual battle simulation.

Let see if I can try and explain it a little bit. See you have X attack which is larger then Y defense of opposing player, but the opposing player has an even bigger attack to defense difference then your attack to their defense. Guess what that means there's a chance you may lose, because in a real battle, there would be a chance that you would lose. Does that make some sense? Their attack to your defense matters as well. It's not all one-sided anymore. Yes, it's more complex, but it's more competitive and ultimately more interesting. They are looking at ways to make the display easier to understand, because posting the actual calculation would just confuse more people then provide an explanation. It is an awesome complex formula.

It's actually doing the opposite. It isn't negating your old stats at all; it is making them more useful. We are working on better messaging with the other titles for this feature. We'll also be hosting another AMA for KA after Thanksgiving. Might be worth sitting in on, in case, it makes an appearance over here.
    So what your saying is, attackers attack score is vs opponents attack score now,or the sum of his/her att & def?
    That explains why I would lose to someone when my att was triple my oppenents def in beta...
    Even lost with a Power Attack.
    The "confusion" as you call it, is because the battle screen is the SAME as we're all used to (att vs def), plus the added new equipment values. Which btw are in the 10's, so hard to imagine they'd have a huge affect on the battle result when att/def values are in the billions.

I think beta testers get a bad rap, they put this out with NO explanation whatsoever, or details of the mechanics of the battle scenario, & expect feedback. All I can give feedback on is anomalies in the game,& screenshots of absurdly lopsided losses. The beta team has NEVER answered my questions during tests, so most of the time don't know if it's working as designed or not. Lol
    MW < 873 854 825>
    Ranger Elites Guild

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    While it's often said to be the testers fault, I'm sure we all realize it's not actually you guys, but rather who you report to.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    So what your saying is, attackers attack score is vs opponents attack score now,or the sum of his/her att & def?
    That explains why I would lose to someone when my att was triple my oppenents def in beta...
    Even lost with a Power Attack.
    The "confusion" as you call it, is because the battle screen is the SAME as we're all used to (att vs def), plus the added new equipment values. Which btw are in the 10's, so hard to imagine they'd have a huge affect on the battle result when att/def values are in the billions.

I think beta testers get a bad rap, they put this out with NO explanation whatsoever, or details of the mechanics of the battle scenario, & expect feedback. All I can give feedback on is anomalies in the game,& screenshots of absurdly lopsided losses. The beta team has NEVER answered my questions during tests, so most of the time don't know if it's working as designed or not. Lol
    Ah so it is higher up the food chain that is not listening. Appreciate the information hope you do not get sanctioned for being honest.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    looking cool!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about getting MW fixed and working before you start messing with it again because you just know there will be yet another screw up.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree, I have a truck that is out of gas, So using your logic I will replace the motor to see if that helps get it running again.

Priorities PLEASE.

Just fix the current game or admit that you can't so your just gonna change it, then we can decide to stay or leave MW for good.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Whatever you do solve iOS problems first! I don't dare update!!!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    . . . Yes, it is likely to make an appearance, but with improvements and kinks worked out beforehand.
    Kinks worked out beforehand?

Woah - wait a minute

That goes against everything we've ever seen and are used to. That's not the kind of game we've been playing and those radical changes (testing to make sure it works) might be too much for most players to handle

Now Lucy - would you please hold the football so I can try to kick another Field Goal :-)

I keed

I keed :-)
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/