War Chest Special only works if you spend $50!

So I've saved up 26 gold keys to use during one of Gree's special offerings so as to increase my chance of receiving a SR or UR unit, as opposed to the now useless R units. I go on the game this morning and see they are guaranteeing at least one SR or UR unit if you open 11 gold chests at once. Great. Let's do it. However, when I try to open 11 chests at once, it doesn't let me use the 26 keys I already have; instead, the only way to open 11 chests at once is to spend 600 gold bars . . . and the only way to get 600 gold bars is to go to the store and spend $50 [for 1300 bars]!

What a joke! Are they serious with this? Why give out gold keys if you don't let us use them when you have these offerings? Did Gree's management team change recently? This game used to be fun, but the last month or so, it has been horrible and there is absolutely no incentive to keep playing.

I think it's a scam to open the 11 chests during the special. They guarantee one SR but that's all they're required to give. I opened 11 yesterday and got one SR. When the special wasn't going I got multiple SR and UR units.

Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    I think it's a scam to open the 11 chests during the special. They guarantee one SR but that's all they're required to give. I opened 11 yesterday and got one SR. When the special wasn't going I got multiple SR and UR units.
    you spent $50? wow

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    you spent $50? wow
    I only had to spend $20. Had the rest of the gold saved up.

it is better to save gold bars than gold key at the moment , especially for this appauling Gaurentee

Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    I only had to spend $20. Had the rest of the gold saved up.
    Interesting Instigator. So, Gree's new method got you to spend $20, so that's a win for them. If this 11 bar deal did not exist, how much would you have spent? The way game was set up previously, you could remain competitive spending $0 (present company included). However, if others have responded like Insitgator and are now spending more or are again spending money, then it's a win for Gree and all these recent changes make sense. I saw a post from Tadaaah responding to an inquiry about a store; what kind of store and what would users be willing to buy.

@Tadaaah and other administrators at Gree - I understand the need for a business to make money, but I only ask that you help maintain a healthy balance where you target those willing to spend, but allow free players to enjoy themselves. Heck, I'd put up with ads throughout the game if it meant my gold keys would yield UR units. Just a thought...