[AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

Lurker
    Post Count
    How is army attack and defense stats calculated now? It has for sure ben changed a lot - or it doesn't calculate right at the moment.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by discprodigy View Post
    Hi Tadaaah,

I will start with three questions.

1. Is there a plan for a skill point reset, if so, when is this planned for release and what will be the cost?

2. Will higher stat weapons and armor be craft able compared to what's currently available?

3. Did gree foresee the obsolescence of "power minis" with this change to hero strength and the new attack calculations?
    Hello Discprodigy

Yes there is a plan for a skill reset and it should be coming very soon in one of our next client deploys. We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live. There are plans to also offer them as rewards and prizes from our live ops events.

Yes we plan on releasing new levels for the crafting building very soon.

We were never trying to make any of your characters obsolete. We were looking to give the players a new way to grow and progress with their main characters.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    Yes there is a plan for a skill reset and it should be coming very soon in one of our next client deploys. We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live. There are plans to also offer them as rewards and prizes from our live ops events.
    Thank you, Waffleking. This one thing here makes all of the other frustrations with the game somewhat bearable. Or at least as bearable as they always have been.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Well, my questions have already been asked, but I'll reiterate.

1) It was implied that our Army Attack (units) and Army Defense (units) was still the "main source" of determining who wins. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case as I can attack someone who is hundreds of millions lower than me but still lose because my Army and Hero Equipment were lower. Can you please explain the mechanics in full? How are is it determined who wins?

2) How are our stats calculated? As far as I can tell, Attack and Defense (Equip) are our raw numbers totaled from our equipment with no bonuses added, but I cannot figure out Attack (Hero) and Defense (Hero). I can see that they are modified by our skill point allotment, but can you clarify exactly how these stats are calculated, please?

3) When do we get our skill point reset?

4) On the Hero Equip tab in our profile, on the left there is a list for "Damage Bonuses". What exactly are these and what do they mean? I can see that I have +10% Infantry Defense from my Body armor and my "Total Power" is 887 and the Infantry Defense under the bonuses is +88 so I can easily tell that the 10% bonus on the armor is applying to my Total Power and giving me the bonus. I can see how they are calculated, that is simple. I just don't know what it means to have +88 Infantry Defense in Damage Bonuses.
    Hello Bob

Derez is writing a battle calculation post that should help to explain the questions about the calculations.
    What I can tell you is that if you have an army that is vastly superior to your opponents then hero equipment and army equipment are not heavily weighted enough to "cause" a loss.

Lurker
    Post Count

Skills Reset

Well since Gree plans to allow a one time free skills reset, would you mind telling us how the skill calculations are weighted so we might be better informed on the best allocation of our skill points?

... We will be offering one skill reset to our entire player base for free when the feature goes live.
    Give us some more info on this please Waffleking. Will this reset cover all your skillpoints, just one category, or (gods forbid...) 1 skillpoint?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Thank you, Waffleking. This one thing here makes all of the other frustrations with the game somewhat bearable. Or at least as bearable as they always have been.
    Didn't we already know they would be letting us reset SP's? (yes.)
    What we really need is a time frame before more players win.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    It definitely would be nice to know if the skill point reset will be deployed before next war
    The Raiding Barbarians - Top 10

Nightwind |TRB|

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marabout Khidir View Post
    Give us some more info on this please Waffleking. Will this reset cover all your skillpoints, just one category, or (gods forbid...) 1 skillpoint?
    If it's like they did in LAW it will be a full reset of all skill pts. I would imagine it's like that

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marabout Khidir View Post
    This item will be a consumable and will reset ALL of your skill points =)

Lurker
    Post Count

Legacy Items

Switching gears, is there any plan to bring back legacy items for players who joined after they were originally offered, perhaps simply missed them the first time around, or lost them to some freak Gree Glitch? I know you are once again offering Witch's Lairs (for how long I don't know), but how about Tree Forts and Hawks Nests, etc? Without these strong defensive structures, newer players will never be competitive.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Didn't we already know they would be letting us reset SP's? (yes.)
    What we really need is a time frame before more players win.
    No, we didn't know this. We have asked in the past and the answer was always no. Some excuse about a debacle in MW when they gave resets out or something. I never got the details.

Hello Bob

Derez is writing a battle calculation post that should help to explain the questions about the calculations.
    What I can tell you is that if you have an army that is vastly superior to your opponents then hero equipment and army equipment are not heavily weighted enough to "cause" a loss.
    So can you explain what circumstances would cause a player with 1 billion attack to lose to a player with 200 million defense if not equipment stats?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Hello Bob

what do you mean by "vastly superior" cause I am 1.1 billion stats and I hit a guy with 224m DEF, yet I lost

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by discprodigy View Post
    It definitely would be nice to know if the skill point reset will be deployed before next war
    Hello Discprodigy

With the Apple Holiday shutdown we will have problems getting this in before the next war but we are trying to get it to our player base as soon as possible.

This item will be a consumable and will reset ALL of your skill points =)
    Hehe, thanks Waffleking ;-)