DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
    Switching gears, is there any plan to bring back legacy items for players who joined after they were originally offered, perhaps simply missed them the first time around, or lost them to some freak Gree Glitch? I know you are once again offering Witch's Lairs (for how long I don't know), but how about Tree Forts and Hawks Nests, etc? Without these strong defensive structures, newer players will never be competitive.
    We have looked at offering limited time items again but part of the appeal of these items is that you can only get them within a small window of time. We will continue to offer special items that helps boost those stats and have also looked at making new permeant items that are offered in the store as well. In the 3.0 release we did boost all of the core building to help catch them up to the rest of the stat inflation.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    - Which skillpoint(s) affect Hero Strength and Hero Defense and by how much?
    - How does the other skillpoints affect the other categories of stats?
    Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF. We plan to allow players to re-spec their character and have discussed additional changes to the skills system to make them more in line with where the game is going but that is still in the air.
    When you say "Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF." Do you mean Hero Equipment stats? As far as I was aware, Hero Strength only affects the damage you do to mobs and not to players. Is this correct?

Lurker
    Post Count
    We have looked at offering limited time items again but part of the appeal of these items is that you can only get them within a small window of time. We will continue to offer special items that helps boost those stats and have also looked at making new permeant items that are offered in the store as well. In the 3.0 release we did boost all of the core building to help catch them up to the rest of the stat inflation.
    What that means is that new players will never be able to catch up to players who were around when the items were originally offered. You can offer new items, but every new item you offer will be available to new players as well as older players. I feel sorry for anyone starting to play today.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Celtic Angel Warriors,

- How is the Hero Strength and Hero Defense calculated?
    Answered in my reply post to Jnsolberg.

Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF. We plan to allow players to re-spec their character and have discussed additional changes to the skills system to make them more in line with where the game is going but that is still in the air.
    I added a spare skill point I had to Army Attack and my Attack(Hero) went up by 17 points. That tells me that your calculations are incorrect?

Also, I bought more equipment for my army and these stats went down?
    Last edited by Fromm; 11-19-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    I added a spare skill point I had to Army Attack and my Attack(Hero) went up by 17 points. That tells me that your calculations are incorrect?
    Yep. I've been keeping a spreadsheet with my numbers and anytime I increase my Army Attack my Attack (Hero) increases. Hero Strength does not seem to affect Attack (Hero) or Defense (Hero).

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromm View Post
    Is your avatar in the level 170's?? Reason I ask is cause some have gone up 15 and they were in the 150 levels and some 19 and they were in the 190 levels. I could and I am probably wrong but it's just what I have seen on some. But yes there calculations are still incorrect

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
    What that means is that new players will never be able to catch up to players who were around when the items were originally offered. You can offer new items, but every new item you offer will be available to new players as well as older players. I feel sorry for anyone starting to play today.
    Hello Sixshooter

This is how most games work. It is very difficult for any new player to catch up to a player who has had 2+ years to accumulate units, buildings and bonuses. What we can do is try to create a new user experience that will allow these new players to be competitive faster. It will be up to said beginner player to try and be "as good as" a veteran player with many hours in game.

I have noticed that by adding a point to the Army Attack-skill makes my Hero Attack go up, so this can't be correct?

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaDon View Post
    Thought we were getting a battle calculation which in theory would include numbers and what's on what?? This answer is vary vague and still leaves us in the complete dark where we have been since this new style launched. Sorry just seems we are running out of time and gonna be left with no answer
    KillaDon,

In the past we have given out details as to how numbers were calculated within the game and it actually cause more confusion within the player base. We spent a long time writing a complex formula for calculating battle so that army stats that are in the millions or billions can be equally compared to item stats that are in the hundreds or thousands.

The other thing to keep in mind, which I have mentioned in other posts, both ATK and DEF now matter. In the past it was only the attacker's ATK and the defenders DEF but now the defenders get a chance to attack meaning that your DEF stat plays an active part in your play experience rather than only being acknowledged when other players are trying to attack your avatar.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marabout Khidir View Post
    I have noticed that by adding a point to the Army Attack-skill makes my Hero Attack go up, so this can't be correct?
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This was not the intended case and we will look into it to make sure Army is only affecting the stats of your armies.

Post Count
    KillaDon,

In the past we have given out details as to how numbers were calculated within the game and it actually cause more confusion within the player base. We spent a long time writing a complex formula for calculating battle so that army stats that are in the millions or billions can be equally compared to item stats that are in the hundreds or thousands.

The other thing to keep in mind, which I have mentioned in other posts, both ATK and DEF now matter. In the past it was only the attacker's ATK and the defenders DEF but now the defenders get a chance to attack meaning that your DEF stat plays an active part in your play experience rather than only being acknowledged when other players are trying to attack your avatar.
    You talk about confusion, but this is a thousand times more confusing than it previously was. How the hell does my defense come into play when I do the attack? You're going to have to provide some more details here since you're just muddying the water. After reading the dev responses I now have zero idea how it's determined who wins a fight.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    KillaDon,

I was just more curious about %'s as I think most of the others are as well. Because right now from last weekends battle
    It seems that the ATTACK/DEFENSE Euipmemt Had the majority of whether you won or lost. It seems there is a algorithm error in the programming based on how huge of a difference that one catagory had on wining or losing but thank you for answering my question.

Thanks for answering Derez.

But I'm not sure how to read this bit mate?

- Will you compensate us in any way as an excuse for how things went haywire when the war started?
    Going forward we will be working on better ways to communicate and plan out new feature releases so that this type of issue happens again.

Post Count
    Skimmed through, just got off, so hopefully still around to answer...

Will we be able to upgrade our voucher items? And will there be any bonuses on them? They're total crap as-is when compared to prior event rewards... and I felt like I'd just had a beatdown when I opened the crafting (finally) and saw just how abysmal they were... especially the weapons and armors, seeing how they paled in comparison to my current bests.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    hmm i understand that sometimes too much information can lead to confusion.

However in the current situation all people dont understand really what is needed to win a fight in war. Secondly people dont understand what to do to improve their individual stats (army and hero).

Furthermore the correlation of those 3 factors isnt clear. We have been told that army unit stats weight most and army equip comes as second but past war experience shows a different picture (even considering also the def stats from both).

it would be greatly appreciated if you could give us some more light here so that people get to understand what to do to improve and why it matters for fight/raids.

Thank you
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG