Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [AMA] Hero Equip and Crafting

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    KillaDon,

In the past we have given out details as to how numbers were calculated within the game and it actually cause more confusion within the player base. We spent a long time writing a complex formula for calculating battle so that army stats that are in the millions or billions can be equally compared to item stats that are in the hundreds or thousands.

The other thing to keep in mind, which I have mentioned in other posts, both ATK and DEF now matter. In the past it was only the attacker's ATK and the defenders DEF but now the defenders get a chance to attack meaning that your DEF stat plays an active part in your play experience rather than only being acknowledged when other players are trying to attack your avatar.
    Derez,

I'm my post I had posted those 2 I hit had a 115mil and 120mil unit defense to my 380mil unit defense so I still don't understand because even if they attacked me back they would lose miserably because if their unit defense is 115mil and others is 120mil it only means there unit attack is around 75-90mil.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Celtic Angel Warriors,

- How is the Hero Strength and Hero Defense calculated?
    Answered in my reply post to Jnsolberg.

- Which skillpoint(s) affect Hero Strength and Hero Defense and by how much?
    - How does the other skillpoints affect the other categories of stats?
    Hero Strength is currently the only stat that affects Hero ATK / DEF. We plan to allow players to re-spec their character and have discussed additional changes to the skills system to make them more in line with where the game is going but that is still in the air.
    This is wrong.

I started a new mini on an unused device. I worked the maps to level up a few levels, then I took a screenshot of his stats before allocating 16 skill points into 8 Hero Strength points. Then I exited the game, came back in and took another screen shot of his stats. Nothing changed. Unit a/d, EQ a/d and Hero a/d were all the same. The mobs were a little bit easier to kill. That's all.
    If the Hero Strength skill points are supposed to help your Hero's stats, something is wrong.
    Purple Squirrel

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Skimmed through, just got off, so hopefully still around to answer...

Will we be able to upgrade our voucher items? And will there be any bonuses on them? They're total crap as-is when compared to prior event rewards... and I felt like I'd just had a beatdown when I opened the crafting (finally) and saw just how abysmal they were... especially the weapons and armors, seeing how they paled in comparison to my current bests.
    For more detail on the difference in how item stats and army stats compare see my reply to Jnsolberg on page 3. Vouchers are not planned to have upgraded recipes as of right now especially seeing as how they were limited time items. Items will not be getting bonuses any time soon as this is a new addition to the game that we are trying to keep better control of balance and stat inflation on. However, we will continue to offer permeant and limited time bonuses on units that are given as top tier rewards.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Marabout Khidir View Post
    Thanks for answering Derez.

But I'm not sure how to read this bit mate?
    We do agree that we released this feature update too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

We also have plans to create posts that try to explain features better BEFORE they are released and allow our players to communicate with the developers about questions or concerns these new features might raise with our end users.

I know the war had issues but at this time we are trying to fix these moving forward. We will never release a major feature update that close to a war ever again and will spend more time beta testing those features before they are pushed live to our production servers.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts, for example, via Twitch?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    We do agree that we released this binary too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

We also have plans to create posts that try to explain features better BEFORE they are released and allow our players to communicate with the developers about questions or concerns these new features might raise with our end users.

I know the war had issues but at this time we are trying to fix these moving forward. We will never release a major feature update that close to a war ever again and will spend more time beta testing those features before they are pushed live to our production servers.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts?
    I think doing these live would be very helpful. I feel questions would get answered faster and seems it might be more productive. Just my opinion

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We do agree that we released this binary too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

Also just as a questions to our users would you be interested in doing these AMAs live instead of forum posts?
    Both, a forum post to explain the basics, then a ama to clear up any confusion that might come.
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Live would be faster but the forum posts allow all players around the globe to read back what was asked and answered better as not all have the chance to be up around this time.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Kind of off subject but why is the 999999 gold not actually being added to our total gold. I think lots of players have missed out on a decent amount of gold from last war Indy wins event and it's still not adding it in the EB splash screens.

Post Count
    For more detail on the difference in how item stats and army stats compare see my reply to Jnsolberg on page 3.
    I keep looking but I still don't see anything helpful. You have to realize that we are telling you that we still do not understand.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    We do agree that we released this feature update too close to a war and that we should have given the player base a longer time to adjust to the new system. We are making changes to the way we develop features and part of this change will be involving the community more. You are going to see an increase in development activity on the forums as well as asking for feedback from our player base.

This is all good news! Too many people are leaving the game over frustration with the last war. I'm glad that won't happen again.

As far as doing them live, I'm not sure. Not everyone can be on at the same time, and it might be complete chaos with too many peeps all talking at the same time. Lol
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    I keep looking but I still don't see anything helpful. You have to realize that we are telling you that we still do not understand.
    I still don't understand how the Pumpkin head is worth a 300k unit.
    Perhaps if we could see some basic, understandable math?
    Purple Squirrel

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaDon View Post
    Kind of off subject but why is the 999999 gold not actually being added to our total gold. I think lots of players have missed out on a decent amount of gold from last war Indy wins event and it's still not adding it in the EB splash screens.
    This is actually just a display bug that happens when there is no gold being rewarded. This issue will be fixed in the next major updated.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is actually just a display bug that happens when there is no gold being rewarded. This issue will be fixed in the next major updated.
    Oh...��! Thanks

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    This is all good news! Too many people are leaving the game over frustration with the last war. I'm glad that won't happen again.

As far as doing them live, I'm not sure. Not everyone can be on at the same time, and it might be complete chaos with too many peeps all talking at the same time. Lol
    The broadcast would be recorded so players could then re-watch and find answers. How does that sound?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Closing down at 6pm PST guys! Get in your last questions.

If there is still confusion, we'll host another AMA right after Thanksgiving. Spread the word. We want you to comfortable with this and know that this system is going to be awesome in the long run.