Data usage

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data usage

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Data usage

Good day, I would like to ask GREE inc. To take a look at the data usage of the game. Take it to serious consideration, because as it is now, it is a serious problem. Don't make every detail in the game design perfect, i would better play it on a low quality, then pay 10 times more on my phone bill. Thank you for your time reading, and i hope actions will be taken, to reduce data usage.

Post Count
    I have been waiting for a fix for a few months now. Logging in and collecting money is fine, but the moment I do anything else I get a big data drain.

Post Count
    Hey tadaah, if/when you get back can you centralize all of the data requests under the sticky post that started 6 months ago?
    Thanks!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    My ticket for high data usage was sent months ago to Gree along with a picture of MW fingered by another app as the culprit. Customer service said that the message was being escalated for priority attention. I am still waiting for the fix. I use 8 gigs of data per month doing little else with the telephone. T-Mobile slows me down to 2G about a week into each billing cycle when my 3 gig plan is used up. I pay $100 per month mainly to play MW and they can't get it right.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Amazing! The game takes up a lot of memory on the HD and RAM to run it and yet the data stream is just as much. Not to mention the huge drain on battery life on our devises. On Real Life, it sucks up our time and those who chose to do so a lot of real money. And not to forget the amount of posts on this forum with complaints and the tickets sent in. Notice the consistent trend here about this game? Yes, I'm one of those suckers still playing this game although cost me only time and free wifi.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc_mw View Post
    Hey tadaah, if/when you get back can you centralize all of the data requests under the sticky post that started 6 months ago?
    Thanks!
    Dont you mean close it like the others and start a new thread in announcements?
    maybe they'll do that 'soon'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I started this issue some time ago, here:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...00#post1347800

the thread was moved to hide it, then locked. this thread was posted just about 6 months ago.

it is still a problem! but ignoring gree is ignoring the problem, and you, and me. all of us.

every once in a while people, like you bring it back up, but tadaaah and the entire gree crew is content to ignore the issue. I still think they are getting kickbacks from phone co's that have usage caps and forcing people into higher tier data plans.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And here is another little trick to help blow through more of your data plan.

ok, so you have those videos... the ones under OFFERS. ok. some goto the video and play, and you get the gold. fine. my choice to waste the time.

but those that throw you out of the application contribute to the data surge issue.

now, after the first time you are tricked by a new one, you learn which not to look at, but it still another gree trick. and one that effects your data usage.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    what i hate is that even minor game moves like vaulting cash, buying units etc. require communication with game server before the move can be completed, and the game server does not have the capacity to handle the traffic quickly. the game is so connection intensive, its like a spyware. money spent on phone bill could have been used for gold, is that rocket science to GREE?

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PointNShoot View Post
    what i hate is that even minor game moves like vaulting cash, buying units etc. require communication with game server before the move can be completed, and the game server does not have the capacity to handle the traffic quickly. the game is so connection intensive, its like a spyware. money spent on phone bill could have been used for gold, is that rocket science to GREE?
    Unfortunately the alternative is people energy glitching in airplane mode. Is there some middle ground? I don't know.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I reset my data counter, quit the app and opened it. I didn't do anything. The app used 6mb of data just opening... I verified this, closing it and re-opening it another 4 times. It had used 30mb of data now. THIS IS INSANE!!!! For the number of times I switch between the game and groupme. You could open the app 10 times a day and use 1.8GB of data in one month.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    the data surge +++ the fact that it takes several minutes to open mw on this old iphone, is the reason i've steered our group away from gm for so long.

it is crazy

and the first some some of the offers/1 gold videos, and you try to view, you get thrown out of MW, another reload.

Quote Originally Posted by DUSlider1 View Post
    I reset my data counter, quit the app and opened it. I didn't do anything. The app used 6mb of data just opening... I verified this, closing it and re-opening it another 4 times. It had used 30mb of data now. THIS IS INSANE!!!! For the number of times I switch between the game and groupme. You could open the app 10 times a day and use 1.8GB of data in one month.