Dearest Tadaah,

As the representative for Gree on this beloved forum, I beg you for help. There is a lengthy back story, but I will spare you the details (if interested feel free to read the ticket-- number 2008796).

Here is my request: simply restore my missing account. It went AWOL on November 1st. I have complied with every single Gree request--screen shots, credit card receipts, access information, first born child, blood type, etc.-- to prove ownership. I did this at the very first request, within hours, and have had radio silence for more than two weeks. "Adam" and "Shirley," although responsive initially, have not resolved the issue.

As a result, I am one of of those paying customers who missed Heroic RB and War with his top 25 guild. I say this simply to illustrate the fact that I am a loyal customer and would appreciate some reciprocity on behalf of the company. Thankfully, my guild has some compassion for my situation and has not cut me (though I could not fault them if they did). Can you please find it in your heart to get this resolved?

To all of the people that will flame this down, I apologize in advance if this post somehow offended you--that was certainly not my intent. I ask, if that is the case, that you PM me to avoid muddying the issue and distracting from the intent of this post: the return of my account. I have waited, relatively patiently, for 2.5 weeks for Gree to no avail.

Thanks, Tadaaah, and anyone else that can help.