Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GREE: What can YOU do to fix this game

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Post GREE: What can YOU do to fix this game

Dear Gree,

By now I hope you fully realize your mistake in executing this new update, I myself had a very frustrating war weekend. I do believe you will be hard pressed in finding a lot of people who really consider this an actual improvement. But please bear with me on this post cause I do want to give some ideas on how you may actually improve the situation, which all things considered might not even be so difficult to do. This is going to be a lengthy post though.

First of all, I want to clearly state why for me personally this update is a complete failure. In my 9 months of enjoying myself in this game, yes all you oldies i'm very fresh in the game, I have seen maybe a maximum amount of 10 strong weapons or armor being released and I do take the weekly items in account. Until now this wasn't a big deal cause with gems or lots of luck in a box event you could get your one desirable strong item for killing those monsters effectively. I do admit that all this time I wondered why you could stockpile so much gear when the stats were so weak compared to units. Units or building a strong army was off course the foundation of the game, the stronger the army, the stronger you will become.
    Now I do think that implementing an extra use for gear was a good idea, but needless to say your implementation could hardly be more dissapointing. In 9 months I managed to build an account with 175million attack giving me decent chances in war, but in 9 months I hardly ever had a chance of building a decent stockpile on gear. Which with the new update leaves me in quite a nasty situation. With the new update you have 2 stats that are basicly decided by your gear, army equipment and hero strength. So the balance of the game has entirely shifted, units are no longer the foundation of the game, gear is. BUT you have never given people a fair chance of getting gear, especially newer people. Which leaves the situation as such, 175million attack but hardly any gear loses against any old player who competed in infinity sword event. I have no chance competing against over 45k army equipment, NO CHANCE AT ALL!

Now as I said in the beginning I do have some ideas to improve the current situation. Make it a bit more logical, compared to the old system as it were. So here goes.

First of all: Make one stat created by units and ONE stat created by gear and make your battle calculation on those. With this renewed battle calculation make the outcome of the battle for 70-80 percent decided by your units stats. After all, for all these years this was the FOUNDATION of your game. You can't just switch the playing field and expect your customers to just keep on playing.

Secondly: If you want to implement a more important role for gear, make sure everyone has a chance of actually getting gear that is worth mentioning. I'm not sure if you realise but the gear you can get from vouchers or crafting in general is complete rubbish, it needs at least a factor 10-20 increase to be worth using for most items.
    Following the gear, if crafting is so important I do expect you to release much more ways of getting chest or actually a way of obtaining certain materials. I think of buying in shop with gold, having some sort of workshop where you can let some material be created over time, much possibilities but at least SOMETHING.

Thirdly: Even with crafting there is still the issue of no decent way to actually get good gear on any interesting method. Vouchers are nice and all but are slow to get and building gear like this will simply take ages and isn't very competitive. But for me personally you already have in the game what you need to create a good method of obtaining gear, namely TRIALS.
    As you did with units, you can do the same with gear. They are there for everyone, the more active you are the more benefit you can get from them. And they can give a competitive way for new and old players to increase their gear strength efficiently. Just give any player an option to get gear or units when starting a trial. And please make the gear at least worth getting not like with crafting. To make guild event and related vouchers more worthwhile though, attach bonuses to them. Faster material creation, faster crafting, more chance of improved crafting results, possibilities are virtually endless.

To conclude I do hope you will make some changes fast cause I'm afraid that otherwise you will lose a whole lot more then players, you will lose income from those who spend. Cause really, why spend much on a game that flips over the way it works at random anyway.

Hopefull to see some improvements very quickly, and I sincerely hope you do realize now that you need the change the way you "create" new ideas. Something in your game development team is seriously wrong.

Kind regards,

Saint-BEL

Post Count
    Wow, this is one true story. Amen!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Well thank you JamieF.

At least one person who bothered to read it all

Lurker
    Post Count
    With your story above, I can see that you are really serious about this game.

Post Count
    Some equipment as weapons and armour you can get by farming maps.
    Some are stronger than those that you have in store.
    Some weapons that have decent stats you can buy with hero points in the store.
    [FK] TITAN

Post Count
    just a thought.....you could take all those useless old gear and either use exsisting equipment as material to upgrade your better gear or set up some kind of trade center where you can trade 100 knifes for a shortsword ....100 shortswords for a longsword...ect

this will effectively allow you gree to use in game material without having to implement something brand new and would give the player a chance to get rid of the 10000000 extra equipment that does not get equipped by your 1500 army troops

this would also reduce the amount of data used in the servers and allow more space to run the game better.

great post Saint!!!
    Last edited by Skyraiders; 11-17-2014 at 05:04 AM.

KA: 630-568-270

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DragCro View Post
    Some equipment as weapons and armour you can get by farming maps.
    Some are stronger than those that you have in store.
    Some weapons that have decent stats you can buy with hero points in the store.
    DragCro, I do understand you are still trying to put a smiley on very big screw up by GREE. I am one of the whales and even us were taken by surprise with this dynamic, without even a single notice prior to the war.
    People used intel rooms for target acquisition but the new dynamics changed this completely because now the attack/defense stats are rendered useless by the new dynamics.

There is not a single weapon in the store that will make any significant difference to your stats on weapons and armors so please do not propose this to people as if this was a viable alternative.

Farming maps for weapons and armor; is only productive at the last maps (the barrens, and so on) and these drains your energy and gives you extreme XP.

GREE's previous game dynamic forced most of us to generate a mini account, because they punished us really badly CP wise as we were High level players, now with the new dynamic they killed all the minis that they have created, all those people who formed streak teams back in the days with their minis and spends thousands of dollars (thats right thousands of dollars) got a nice screw you from GREE. I am not complaining I have really good stats as a whole in KA, but many people don't have these and you are killing free players as well as paid customers, I know 9 people who left the game this war weekend due to your new dynamics. I don't know what you are guys doing over there, but you do realize you are killing the game right?

Dragcro, you appeared to be nice person, I know your posts before you were Mod, and you have slightly more change towards GREE, I understand you need to be on their side and maintain a positive composure, but pls do not blindly defend them; because there are way too many of us playing this game since May 2012, and way too many of us know the difference between FUNZIO days and GREE day. No disrespect to you mate, but this was a really wrong time for you to have opt for Mod position. Good luck, because with the state of how things are, you are going to need it mate.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Saint-BEL that was one of the sensible post in this forum, and I LIKE TO THANK YOU for taking the time to write that. But don't presume that it will have any effect, because its falling on deaf ears.

Post Count
    The first thing Gree can do is allow us all to have one respec of our skill points since they went and changed the way those points worked without any warning.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hello Saint-BEL! Thank you for such a well written, thoughtful, and constructive post. There are some interesting ideas in your post. We are going to pass this thread onto the Developers for consideration. While we of course can not guarantee any changes, it is important for the team to see this.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    The first thing Gree can do is allow us all to have one respec of our skill points since they went and changed the way those points worked without any warning.
    Sort of...

They did change things, but in some ways, they made how they use skill points more transparent. In the past, it was completely obscure how army attack and defense points impacted the game. Now, you have some numbers that you can see how they rank up against opponents and more clearly see how they help determine winners and losers.

I agree with everyone that the timing of this was quite poor and lacking in any sort of clear explanation, but I don't feel as much sympathy for people who invested all their skill points in hero strength. You reaped the benefit of that for a good long time. People who invested in army attack and defense before it because clear how important hero strength was were at a disadvantage for quite a long time, despite all the money they invested in the game, too.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Nice post.

Another point I wanted to make is the devs completely overlooked level 200+ (or people that didn't care about gaining XP) that completed a lot of the basic maps and farmed maps for weapons and gold. They could do this with the lvl 200 cap and there was no penalty on this.

For people under level 200 now, there's no hope in ever competing with high-level players in weapons and armor.

It really would have been better off by having the crafted items behave differently (a separate battle calculation for them) than including previously obtained army weapons and armor that generally had become useless, suddenly relevant.

Radically changing game dynamics puts a lot of question into how things will work and why bother getting units if you don't know how they'll be used, and if they're worth the money and effort obtaining them.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hello Saint-BEL! Thank you for such a well written, thoughtful, and constructive post. There are some interesting ideas in your post. I am going to pass this thread onto the Developers for consideration. While we of course can not guarantee any changes, it is important for the team to see this.
    Thank you for your reply Clementine.
    I do hope that some changes will be made soon and I have seen some other interesting suggestions on the forum as well.

Guess we will have to wait and see now
    Please keep us updated if possible.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hello Saint-BEL! Thank you for such a well written, thoughtful, and constructive post. There are some interesting ideas in your post. I am going to pass this thread onto the Developers for consideration. While we of course can not guarantee any changes, it is important for the team to see this.
    But then the developers read ALL of the forum anyway
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    your absolutely right on the 200 plus guys farming a lot more weapons, us newer guys have never done it, to add to the posts here, 3 things that would really help the game now. 1. being able to see how many weapons we have again, it disappeared with the update. 2. a drop down menu to purchase weapons/armor in bulk, my phone lags so much now it literally took me 3 hours and about 8 restarts to buy 1500 boots. 3. ability to upgrade more than one building at a time for the newer guys w/o having to pay 100.00 like the recent time your finally offered it after the whole year I have played. The old school members of my guild can upgrade 7 or 8 at a time, I can only do one, my income is sooo lacking and I like the new building quests but we cant work on our bases and do that at the same time, I was raiding to make up the difference, now I cannot raid due to my lack of weapons I didn't know I would need.