GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GREE: What can YOU do to fix this game

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Nice post.

Another point I wanted to make is the devs completely overlooked level 200+ (or people that didn't care about gaining XP) that completed a lot of the basic maps and farmed maps for weapons and gold. They could do this with the lvl 200 cap and there was no penalty on this.

For people under level 200 now, there's no hope in ever competing with high-level players in weapons and armor.

It really would have been better off by having the crafted items behave differently (a separate battle calculation for them) than including previously obtained army weapons and armor that generally had become useless, suddenly relevant.

Radically changing game dynamics puts a lot of question into how things will work and why bother getting units if you don't know how they'll be used, and if they're worth the money and effort obtaining them.
    This 100% characters

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Nice post.

Another point I wanted to make is the devs completely overlooked level 200+ (or people that didn't care about gaining XP) that completed a lot of the basic maps and farmed maps for weapons and gold. They could do this with the lvl 200 cap and there was no penalty on this.
    Billy, the penalty for the level 200s was lower cp of every war except this last one. The 200s had to make more hits than the lower level pees just to score the same points. Now it's a little bit of payback.
    And you can catch up to them by working the maps for loot. Just like they did.

This war, my level 200s scored the same cp per win as my LLP
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    Billy, the penalty for the level 200s was lower cp of every war except this last one. The 200s had to make more hits than the lower level pees just to score the same points. Now it's a little bit of payback.
    And you can catch up to them by working the maps for loot. Just like they did.

This war, my level 200s scored the same cp per win as my LLP
    Like I explained to you in the other thread, it isn't all about CPs. It's also about trying to keep your level low so you don't push yourself into the raiding crosshairs of some of the more formidable people in this game. Every level above about 160 that you get the more you will be raided by the big shots. There are far fewer of them below that level.

I'm not one of those people who sets timers to collect my big payout buildings. I have the app open almost constantly since I don't use my iPad for much of anything else anymore so I tend to catch my buildings becoming ready within an hour or so, but that's enough time to be cleaned out.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Like I explained to you in the other thread, it isn't all about CPs. It's also about trying to keep your level low so you don't push yourself into the raiding crosshairs of some of the more formidable people in this game. Every level above about 160 that you get the more you will be raided by the big shots. There are far fewer of them below that level.
    Lol, I've been high levels for so long, that I forgot what a shock is was the first time I was raided by a high level peep. (I think I was around level 168).
    Purple Squirrel

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Gree, you have some explaining to do!

1). We have this new game logic for determining who wins battles, but we have no idea how it really works!

We do know that it uses unit attack and defense, equipment attack and defense and Hero attack and defense. But we do not know the ratios.
    Is it 34%, 33%, 33%?
    60%, 25%, 15%?
    20%, 60%, 20%?
    Something else?
    Is defense weighted heavier than attack?

To spring this on us with no explanation the day before a war was unconscionable.

I've seen a plea for one stat that will help us to understand who will win a battle or raid. That would be a GREAT thing to do. Keep the unit, equipment and hero stats, so we can work on improving them, but roll them into a "master stat" so we can determine the outcome of battles better. Right now it's just a roll of the dice. But wait, we've never gotten an explanation.

2). I don't see any value for the vouchers we worked so hard to get during guild events. A Pumpkin Head, without a boost, worth 13/13 for 39/39 in the Icabod Chain Raid Boss event instead of the previous RB prize of the Cutthroat Cultist 302k/177k unit with a +3% alliance size increase? It seems that you have lost touch with reality. Or maybe you just haven't explained how the pumpkin head is better. I sure don't see the pumpkin head as being worth much of anything at all. But wait, we've never gotten an explanation.

3). The individual rewards in the war were a joke. I won a Wand of Affliction 68/45. My oldest game has 138 weapons stronger than that. Of course, it did replace a weaker weapon, but not much of a gain that I can see. But wait, we've never gotten an explanation.

4). Skill points. I never saw any use for attack or defensive skill points. So I never got any. Suddenly, that all changed. But wait, we've never gotten an explanation.

5). Crafting. So far, all I can see are some weak weapons and some new foot and head gear. Since we didn't have any before, they do increase hero attack and defense a little bit. Better for killing mobs, and less need for Hero skill points. But the weapons and armor are not very good. You can buy stuff in the store and get better stuff dropped on the maps. So far, I done see much value to crafting. We have had a bit of vague info, but it's not very helpful.

If you want to keep your existing customer base, you need to be forthcoming with more info. I've played this game for almost 3 years, and have spent more money than I should have, but I guess I enjoy it and the many friends I've made here in KA. But I never recommend this game to any of my RL friends. I'm too embarrassed about the level of incompetence from Gree: Bugs, ignoring your customer base, lack of communication, terrible customer support.

Maybe this is your chance to turn it around with the new features, but wait, we need some explanations.
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Lol, I've been high levels for so long, that I forgot what a shock is was the first time I was raided by a high level peep. (I think I was around level 168).
    There's a guy somewhere around the 160 mark with 1.2 billion who pops in from time to time to grab my level 9 manors. Big stats don't even phase me anymore, I just don't want to see more than a couple of them at my level.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    your absolutely right on the 200 plus guys farming a lot more weapons, us newer guys have never done it, to add to the posts here, 3 things that would really help the game now. 1. being able to see how many weapons we have again, it disappeared with the update. 2. a drop down menu to purchase weapons/armor in bulk, my phone lags so much now it literally took me 3 hours and about 8 restarts to buy 1500 boots. 3. ability to upgrade more than one building at a time for the newer guys w/o having to pay 100.00 like the recent time your finally offered it after the whole year I have played. The old school members of my guild can upgrade 7 or 8 at a time, I can only do one, my income is sooo lacking and I like the new building quests but we cant work on our bases and do that at the same time, I was raiding to make up the difference, now I cannot raid due to my lack of weapons I didn't know I would need.
    Hear, Hear!

I accidentally used all of my gems last night clicking on the wrong item in the store while trying to buy 1500 Basic Artifacts. I also have 2 players (yes, I play many accounts) only able to update one building at a time which significantly limits the IPH and thus the ability to improve any stats due to always being low on gold while trying to upgrade the current LTB - no ability to upgrade any of the other buildings simultaneously.

I also missed out on the stone armor, when that was available, for one of my players.

It's not clear the impact skill points or anything else has on the new numbers used in calculations, nor how those calcs are weighted.

There are several things that one should be able to purchase in bulk - weapons, armor and WALLS to name a few.

The commas/showing the numbers in millions in a/d disappeared making the A/D numbers somewhat unreadable during war. Please add this back in ASAP.

Please have a way to sort through your inventory and know how many total weapons you own, for example
    If ally strength impacts any of these numbers, please let us have an easy way to sort (and remove) those as well.

Two last comments (I'm reiterating comments in other posts):
    1) Please do NOT release major changes just before war. It almost always causes things to break and causes more good players to step down due to frustration
    2) Please please please release a FAQ explaining the new numbers - how they affect success in raids/attacks and how to increase each number.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Hello Saint-BEL! Thank you for such a well written, thoughtful, and constructive post. There are some interesting ideas in your post. I am going to pass this thread onto the Developers for consideration. While we of course can not guarantee any changes, it is important for the team to see this.
    Translation: Thank you for caring enough to write some great suggestions that our developers will never, ever, ever read.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Translation: Thank you for caring enough to write some great suggestions that our developers will never, ever, ever read.
    Is made me laugh so hard. Unfortunately, that's pretty much true.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thank you for contacting Kingdom Age Support.

Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PVP) combat. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

A response from support about the stats becoming worthless. All the money, or time, or effort we poured into this game now has become just another lottery event...like the impossible to open boxes that gree loves to give people. Restore our stats gree! I can see major refunds from Apple on the horizon.

Post Count
    Another suggestion, please add some separators for stats again or return to the xxx.xx M format again. The text is small on iPhone devices and could be made more readable for all.

Also, any update to the schedule listing start times for quests would be appreciated as well.

Hell while I'm at it, some more clarification on levels of crates and crafting items as the building is unlocked would be nice.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Tap the triangle on that advertisement post to report it and get that peep banned!
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Tap the triangle on that advertisement post to report it and get that peep banned!
    I always do and it's always a different account with the same old shyte!

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Lots of opinions in this thread. Thanks OP for the well-thought posts.

Retro-spec is always 20/20 as they say. There are definitely some items we can note from this update to help in the future.

Would y'all be up for the idea that when we do an update, we provide notes that not only have the changes, but also have a little explanation as to why that change is made?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Lots of opinions in this thread. Thanks OP for the well-thought posts.

Retro-spec is always 20/20 as they say. There are definitely some items we can note from this update to help in the future.

Would y'all be up for the idea that when we do an update, we provide notes that not only have the changes, but also have a little explanation as to why that change is made?
    The more information the better. Less confusion when it's release.
    Daily player