The Mystery Of The Leaderboards

At the top of the Leaderboard for this current Boss Event is someone who has supposedly racked up a total of over 3 and a half MILLION points. Just imagine how many Levels you would need to clear, how many Energy Boosts you would need to buy, how many Morale Boosts as well, to achieve that score. Quite apart from that, just think of how much time it would take. And apparently there are 20 people with a total over one million!

Why do they do it? Is it really just for that one extra UR unit?

Who are these people? Do they really exist?

Leaderboard

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    At the top of the Leaderboard for this current Boss Event is someone who has supposedly racked up a total of over 3 and a half MILLION points. Just imagine how many Levels you would need to clear, how many Energy Boosts you would need to buy, how many Morale Boosts as well, to achieve that score. Quite apart from that, just think of how much time it would take. And apparently there are 20 people with a total over one million!

Why do they do it? Is it really just for that one extra UR unit?

Who are these people? Do they really exist?
    At 3.5 million points it would take a kill of 438 bosses taking an average of over 146 hours or 6 days of playing 24 hours a day. It's just a game...is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemedic View Post
    At 3.5 million points it would take a kill of 438 bosses taking an average of over 146 hours or 6 days of playing 24 hours a day. It's just a game...is it worth it?
    Your calculations look about right to me, which means that it is just impossible for anybody to achieve such a score. I am beginning to think that the Leaderboard is a work of fiction.

Did you take in consideration using Speed X for this calculation ? just saying

Question 11 PVP opponets per minute?????

I just checked the leaderboard for the PVP game, it has been going on for 2.5 hours and the top ranked is at 850000, by my calculationsd at 500 points per win that would be more than 11 wins per minute!!!! at 1000 points per win it would be more than five. How can that be done? For the mere mortals among us the price is a "great" bombard - while the 11 per minute guys might get a new level of rarity.

I guess I will just enjoy some nice battles against my fellow mortals and stop worrying about rewards.

There are a number of wonky things about the leaderboard and some of the players on there. Clearly, some players are absolutely legit and they are just investing a lot of time and money in getting a spot on the leaderboard. Good for them if that's how they want to spend time/money. I got no issue with that. But others...well, let's just say that I'm skeptical about how one person can manage to acquire 5 lvl 50 Great Gear units over a period of just a couple of days. Or 3 level 50 Pugio and 2 lvl 50 Lenin's Reach. Given the "randomness" of the unit drops, it seems nearly impossible to get 20 Great Gear SR units, let alone a total of 12 UR Pugio units. A few folks immediately have new units promoted to the max right after they're introduced. Are these real players or Gree employees? Because outside of using a hacking program that gives you unlimited quantities of gold bars, I can't imagine any other way to get those units so quickly and in such quantity. The top leaderboard players, with their huge pt totals and their impossibly advanced squads, are a mystery indeed. Does Taadaah want to enlighten us on this topic?

Gree really doesn't do anything about hackers/cheaters on the leaderboard (unless you can prove they hacked/cheated) in this, or any othe Gree game, as they encourage legit spenders to spend more to pass them for the top spots.

Quote Originally Posted by BaziOne View Post
    Gree really doesn't do anything about hackers/cheaters on the leaderboard (unless you can prove they hacked/cheated) in this, or any othe Gree game, as they encourage legit spenders to spend more to pass them for the top spots.
    I kinda think it does the opposite. When regular players see the squads and point totals of the leaders, they know there's no WAY they could ever crack the top 20 and get something new/cool. So why bother playing and/or paying anything when it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CJCJ View Post
    I kinda think it does the opposite. When regular players see the squads and point totals of the leaders, they know there's no WAY they could ever crack the top 20 and get something new/cool. So why bother playing and/or paying anything when it wont happen.
    The flaw in your thinking is that you think Gree cares about "regular players". They don't - plain and simple they only care about big spenders and as long as they keep spending, the game will continue.

A friend told me that he saw something on the Internet about some bloke who had been able to hack into the game and award himself 10 million Gold Bars. How can we ordinary players compete with the likes of that?

This current PvP Event - Leaderboard - How do you earn over one million points in 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    This current PvP Event - Leaderboard - How do you earn over one million points in 24 hours?
    Current stats show leader with 851 pts every minute in 32 hrs, during which time you earn 96 morales.

At 2000 pts/battle it would take over 800 battles/morale.
    At 5000 pts/battle its over 300.

But who knows how high the pts go on a huge streak

(I'm kinda a numbers guy...)

Quote Originally Posted by CJCJ View Post
    Current stats show leader with 851 pts every minute in 32 hrs, during which time you earn 96 morales.

At 2000 pts/battle it would take over 800 battles/morale.
    At 5000 pts/battle its over 300.

But who knows how high the pts go on a huge streak

(I'm kinda a numbers guy...)
    I can help you there. I had a load of Morales saved up and managed just yesterday to put together a streak of 75 wins. The points awarded capped off at about 1,000. So your calculations are way too generous. It is even more absurd than you thought!