Hero Equipment and Battle Calculation explanation - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hero Equipment and Battle Calculation explanation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.

This attitude explains how disconnected you are with the player group and the impact of the way you manage and communicate to your players.

For one minute did your team think about the timing of this change? For one minute did you discuss how to educate people about the changes and how they can understand the new statsictcs and how to improve them?

For one minute did you think about how reducing the value of the stats a person has spent 2-3 years developing in the blink of an update would impact a player? The money and time spent? No transition period, no ability to see that value reinvested in the character.

Put yourself in a players shoes for one minute! A player who has spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours on a character that is no longer as strong as what it was - with no warning, no discussion.

Very strange

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Gree this may be a good idea but it is not working - it takes 15-30secs for a hit to register please change it back!

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Unless your intention was to cause war to not be fun thus causing us to spend less gems which then I should be thanking you :-)

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    why does it show that i only have 30 allies, when i have 500?

what do i need to do to build my equipment stats?

I have spent $1,000s building a great character that never loses in war and now I cant win 50% of the time.

I do not mind change, but if you cant explain to me what i need to do to win, i will stop playing and many others will also.

Lurker
    Post Count
    "We will be holding an AMA next week to answer any other questions or concerns you might have with these new battle calculations and Hero Equipment."

You guys have screwed this up so bad that I would be surprised if there is anybody left next week!!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    What is an AMA -- i have never been invited.

Hi, Derez,

What your guys thought and planned may be very good and attractive. But you guys deployed it in a totally wrong way. You should still use the total Att/Def to judge the winner for this war. Then tell us about the new features and how to improve it. Then you can use new method to judge the winner in the future wars. Now it is totally chaos!!! You said the total Att/Def is still major factor but it is not in fact. My att is more than 500m but I lost to the 100 def. How is that possible. Bugs all over the program!!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mozartli1125 View Post
    Hi, Derez,

What your guys thought and planned may be very good and attractive. But you guys deployed it in a totally wrong way. You should still use the total Att/Def to judge the winner for this war. Then tell us about the new features and how to improve it. Then you can use new method to judge the winner in the future wars. Now it is totally chaos!!! You said the total Att/Def is still major factor but it is not in fact. My att is more than 500m but I lost to the 100 def. How is that possible. Bugs all over the program!!!!!
    I agree....our original Attack is not a large factor at all....when I can't beat someone who's is far less than half my Attack....something is very wrong.....this should have been CLEARLY communicated up front & we should have been give plenty of time to work on weapons improvements far in advance of the beginning of this war....

Lurker
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    For every time someone mentions player, substitute customer, and make no mistake, we are real money paying customers. I've never seen a customer base so unhappy with their supplier. The communication with your customer is nonexistent, the ability to provide a consistent product is nonexistent. You wonder why you have a shrinking customer base? Really? Is Gree so out of touch?.....never mind, that would be a rhetorical question..seriously Gree..wake up and ask yourself why people are really leaving the game, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with the way stats are created, it's the fact that every time you change something you FAIL to communicate, and 90% of the time it doesn't work correctly... Well done Gree, another monumental FAIL for your customers!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I bought more basic masks…my army defense go up and my hero attack and defence go down….wth ?!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    found out why, for some reason my body armor was switched by itself to a crappy armor

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This update was a colossal failure. You have devalued the stats and units that players have spent thousands of dollars collecting. You have slowed down the battle/attack/raid component of the game to the point where Conquest is frustrating rather than fun. You have added massive confusion about how to win during battle. And you manged to do all of this on a day before war started.

This update sucks. You have taken the fun parts of the game and killed it. If there is one positive, it is that battles take so incredibly long that in an hour you only have time to use a handful of gem reloads. But otherwise, it blows.

I would suggest backing out all of the changes. Even get rid of the crafting center. Go back to what the game way rather than this monstrosity you have created. Otherwise, this will surely be the end of KA.

Post Count

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    NEW BATTLE CALCULATIONS AND HERO ITEM STATS

With the addition of Hero Equip we have made additions to the items that you take into battle with you. Army units now bring in one of each of the new equipment types as well as your hero bringing in their gear as well.

In the past all of these items were thrown into one pot which made weapon and armor items worth less as their total power was a fraction of a percent to that of a single army unit.

The new battle calculation compares like amounts to each other instead of putting everything in one bucket. Armies vs Armies, Army Equipment vs Army Equipment, and Hero vs Hero. This means that hero equipment stats, while still well under 100, are actually just as powerful as a unit with a power 100,000 or more. However, armies are still the majority of the battle outcome calculation in order to not take away from the large armies that players have built over the years.

A second addition to the battle calculation is that both players attack and defend. This gives importance to both stats, where in the past players really only cared about building attack at a higher rate as well as simulating an actual battle. This may have an affect on the players that you are now able to successfully attack, while your attack may be higher than your defense they are actually more powerful than you in an overall battle.

Part of the reason that we have made these changes were to add depth and value to the new crafting feature. Allowing items that are not currently being used by your hero to be used by your armies in a meaningful way will not only allow players to craft more items over time but also extends the value of equipment that is replaced on your hero.

We will be holding an AMA next week to answer any other questions or concerns you might have with these new battle calculations and Hero Equipment.
    Congrats on killing the game, GREE. See, we players have an entire infrastructure across chat apps to aid in battle and events and to communicate with players across the world. Today's #1 topic: i quit....being said by players all over. You did this, GREE
    Epic fail.
    Baela, Baela II, Baela-K-, BaelaVier GK, BaelaV

The Raiding Barbarians (TRB) & Raiding Barbarian Nation (RBN)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeydoc View Post
    I have played many games, but KA is the only one that consistently makes changes right before war weekend and expects players to deal with it. In no other game or sport are players expected to deal with unexpected rules changes as we do in. KA. Like others who have posted, I have spent time and real money to build a profile only to lose because I didn't know to change an area beforehand. Just imagine the chaos if the World Cup were to suddenly change scoring to defensive players getting different points for a goal compared to a striker. I am so furious at what was done and how that my favorite weekend, War, is now a waste of my time.
    I've bolded exactly why you, Derez, are wrong. Hockeydoc gets it. This is is the exact reason this update is a failure and the perfect example of the disconnect between Gree and it's players. This is the reason you will ultimately drive off every last one of your customers. It isn't the awful performance of this update or the horrible coding that causes crashes and the one full minute of "spinning wheel" when trying to attack anybody. No, we all expect that sort of shoddy work from Gree by now. This is the death of not only KA, but of Gree as a whole.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    why does it show that i only have 30 allies, when i have 500?

what do i need to do to build my equipment stats?

I have spent $1,000s building a great character that never loses in war and now I cant win 50% of the time.

I do not mind change, but if you cant explain to me what i need to do to win, i will stop playing and many others will also.
    Lemme piggyback on your excellent questions, bilbo :-)

IIRC the 30 allies was a display error, and we really have 500. No worries there, but then it begs the question, how many little artifacts/head gear/feet gear do I need for my allies-- 30 of each or 1500 of each?

edit: from another post, here's the question n answer:

so if we still bring 1500 units to battle (regardless of the display bug)
    does that mean we can buy 1,500 feet, head and 3,000 artifact (which you only have 1 of each in the store) to equip our 1,500 units

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    yes except for the artifacts. Your army units only bring in one of each type so it would be 1500 artifacts as well.Only your hero can have two artifact slots.
    Last edited by Shadows; 11-15-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Asked n answered!