Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Hybrid View

I think it's interesting that Gree speaks of increasing competition, and all the whining here is clearly from the entrenched top players.

I thought the change was incredible. I found myself wishing I could contact the half of my guild that no longer bothers to fight wars due to our usual inability to beat any guardian let alone similarly-leveled players. It was a blast to actually fight again, and I think there's a solid chance some of my guild mates would play seriously again if they thought they could have as successful a war as we just did. Shoot, with a handful more active players this time they'd have been euphoric over our ranking.

Anyway, fellow posters might keep in mind that no matter how much cash you've sunk into the game, it's diminishing returns for Gree. Their financial health moving forward is much more about new players or non-spenders ponying up rather than hoping you guys keep your wallets open forever.

Stupid

Blaaaa blaa blaaaaa : Gree everyone is mad at U.. Again.. WHY??? CUZ once again u change stuff and have no common sense.... Plz for the love God/whatever just talk to someone that's not managment first and ask them on how to avoid crap like this... All these posts and not one answer to simple questions, this lack on info is the biggest factor and why everyone gets mad and quits and spots paying.
    We want to know !!
    What is the numbers break down for battles.
    How much does hero Atk/def go up per point.
    Simple stuff, provide us with the numbers when u make changes. We'd be happier if we knew why we lose fights. Is it simple as beating the other guy 2/3 of army/epuip/hero?? (This would be stupid btw ) or do u have hiddin % values for the epuip/hero stats and u add the totals after to detirmin a win? iether way it was poorly though out.
    So plz just provide the numbers!! Don't care about anything else other then u tweek them, drop the overall %effect of army epuip and hero stats on battle by 10% or so each.. A army 2x stronger then other guy should not lose no matter what. This will make people happier, and should have been done at the start.

Exclamation A sample stat page

Can we get a sample stat page that shows where we should allocate points ?
    I just put everything into hero attack and I think I had a pretty rounded out player before please post a sample good stat page on a splash screen or email to players

Exclamation Bonuses

Can we get se info on how to get more chests from lobs or equipment and also when r bonuses for equipment coming out and using gems to craft is really cheap it makes it too expensive to craft

Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.
    Derez
    we understand games need to improve and change, that is fine
    but why in the heck did you guys have to make a HUGE game changing adjustment during a war weekend?

1- Did you guys do this on purpose so that players would have to spend more gems
    2- Did you do this without thinking it was a new way of gaming and war weekend was not the best time
    3- Did anyone stop to think that players need to adapt to the new changes, (ei: buy tons of head, feet and artifact for their armies) understand what needs to be done
    4- did you do this so just to give most players the final push to quit this wonderful game? cause that is what is happening, lost big spenders are leaving the game

What is the point on wasting gems on a war that you cannot defeat your rival after you have already spend 1000x of real cash

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    Derez
    we understand games need to improve and change, that is fine
    but why in the heck did you guys have to make a HUGE game changing adjustment during a war weekend?

1- Did you guys do this on purpose so that players would have to spend more gems
    2- Did you do this without thinking it was a new way of gaming and war weekend was not the best time
    3- Did anyone stop to think that players need to adapt to the new changes, (ei: buy tons of head, feet and artifact for their armies) understand what needs to be done
    4- did you do this so just to give most players the final push to quit this wonderful game? cause that is what is happening, lost big spenders are leaving the game

What is the point on wasting gems on a war that you cannot defeat your rival after you have already spend 1000x of real cash

The last minute deploy of the new features was not in any way to get players to spend more gems in the Conquest event. We have been planning this release for a while but it was pushed back due to some changes in development, this being evident by the original popup that we display in early October announcing these features.

That being said, the Conquest event was redesigned to reward items that fed into crafting and rewarded players the new Hero Equip items. Unfortunately the new items were not supported in the previous version of the game which is why we had been rewarding vouchers for the new item types. Due to the time required to rebuild the entire Conquest event, test it, and deploy it we went forward with updating to the new version.

Seems that Gree developers don't actually PLAY the game. A mistake big time.

I have played many games, but KA is the only one that consistently makes changes right before war weekend and expects players to deal with it. In no other game or sport are players expected to deal with unexpected rules changes as we do in. KA. Like others who have posted, I have spent time and real money to build a profile only to lose because I didn't know to change an area beforehand. Just imagine the chaos if the World Cup were to suddenly change scoring to defensive players getting different points for a goal compared to a striker. I am so furious at what was done and how that my favorite weekend, War, is now a waste of my time.

Sweet {T} (aka Trillian, cofounder of TPK and Serita, founder of DC)

Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.

The point here is the timing and lack of communication about the changes. If we had even a week's notice, we could have not upgraded that last building, or made that last donation to the guild. We could have invested in 1000 heavy weapons in the store. And we would not have had all that aggravation during the first 3-4 battles.

I Actually might like the changes, my older games have lots of great weapons and Armor form the maps, I'm not sure yet. But I absolutely hate the way you did it.
    Purple Squirrel

This attitude explains how disconnected you are with the player group and the impact of the way you manage and communicate to your players.

For one minute did your team think about the timing of this change? For one minute did you discuss how to educate people about the changes and how they can understand the new statsictcs and how to improve them?

For one minute did you think about how reducing the value of the stats a person has spent 2-3 years developing in the blink of an update would impact a player? The money and time spent? No transition period, no ability to see that value reinvested in the character.

Put yourself in a players shoes for one minute! A player who has spent thousands of dollars and thousands of hours on a character that is no longer as strong as what it was - with no warning, no discussion.

Very strange

WaffleKing

With all due respect, the new calculation is one really dumb idea Gree has implemented in the game

here is the reason why I think of that

1- stats vs stas is same as usual
    2- equipment, now people have to buy/craft more or better equipment

3- the BIG issue, ALLIES............for almost everyone in top 500 to top 1........we all have the -"x"% alliance which means that when you attack a rival that rival will bring LESS allies to battle.........thus this factor in the calculation is pretty much useless, since 99.9% of the time the attacking person has this bonus thus the attacked person will ALWAYS bring less allies to battle

so basically your battle calculation comes down to just stats and equipment

Please let me know if this is correct or if I am mistaken

Cheers
    Last edited by truthteller; 11-14-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    WaffleKing

With all due respect, the new calculation is one of the stupidest idea Gree has implemented in the game

here is the reason why I think of that

1- stats vs stas is same as usual
    2- equipment, now people have to buy/craft more or better equipment

3- the BIG issue, ALLIES............for almost everyone in top 500 to top 1........we all have the -"x"% alliance which means that when you attack a rival that rival will bring LESS allies to battle.........thus this factor in the calculation is pretty much useless, since 99.9% of the time the attacking person has this bonus thus the attacked person will ALWAYS bring less allies to battle

so basically your battle calculation comes down to just stats and equipment

Please let me know if this is correct or if I am mistaken

Cheers
    Truthteller, the following addresses each of your points:

1- This was intentional as to not devalue the stats that all of the players have been building since the beginning of the game.

2- While players can buy these items in the short term, its purpose is to not limit the importance of hero items only to what is on your hero. This gives players a reason to continue crafting even if their hero has the best equipment possible. Additionally, having seen the rate at which our player base excels through content we felt that crafting would have been a wasted feature if it only ever affected 6 slots.

3- Allies actually affect the size of your army and the amount of army equipment, so to say that this makes the new equipment calculation useless is false. If that were the case the army calculation that we were already using and called out in point 1 would also be useless.

As for the bonus that you are talking about, if a player had every one of those bonuses that were ever offered in Kingdom Age (which I don't think is possible based on how they were awarded) they would reduce their opponents army by a total of 45 allies making it 455 if they were maxed out at 500.

Yeah - armies really need to be what are attack is based on

can we get an explanation about how the hero stats are calculated? how can we improve this?

Derez
    let me see if I understand with this scenarios

battle 1
    me rival
    stats 100 50 = I win
    allies 80 95 = I loose
    equipment 25 10 = I win
    battle results I would win

battle 2
    me rival
    stats 100 50 = I win
    allies 80 95 = I loose
    equipment 25 70 = I loose
    battle results I would loose

So Do allies and equipment go hand by hand? I a take 20 less allies to battle due to rival reduction alliance bonus, that means I take 60 less units, 60 less head, feed, artifact, weapon,armor to battle too?

if the above is right, would I not be always at a disatvantage unless the stats on the remaining equipment I take to battle still add to higher stats than the rival?