DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero Equipment and Battle Calculation explanation

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.
    Derez
    we understand games need to improve and change, that is fine
    but why in the heck did you guys have to make a HUGE game changing adjustment during a war weekend?

1- Did you guys do this on purpose so that players would have to spend more gems
    2- Did you do this without thinking it was a new way of gaming and war weekend was not the best time
    3- Did anyone stop to think that players need to adapt to the new changes, (ei: buy tons of head, feet and artifact for their armies) understand what needs to be done
    4- did you do this so just to give most players the final push to quit this wonderful game? cause that is what is happening, lost big spenders are leaving the game

What is the point on wasting gems on a war that you cannot defeat your rival after you have already spend 1000x of real cash

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    WaffleKing

With all due respect, the new calculation is one of the stupidest idea Gree has implemented in the game

here is the reason why I think of that

1- stats vs stas is same as usual
    2- equipment, now people have to buy/craft more or better equipment

3- the BIG issue, ALLIES............for almost everyone in top 500 to top 1........we all have the -"x"% alliance which means that when you attack a rival that rival will bring LESS allies to battle.........thus this factor in the calculation is pretty much useless, since 99.9% of the time the attacking person has this bonus thus the attacked person will ALWAYS bring less allies to battle

so basically your battle calculation comes down to just stats and equipment

Please let me know if this is correct or if I am mistaken

Cheers
    Truthteller, the following addresses each of your points:

1- This was intentional as to not devalue the stats that all of the players have been building since the beginning of the game.

2- While players can buy these items in the short term, its purpose is to not limit the importance of hero items only to what is on your hero. This gives players a reason to continue crafting even if their hero has the best equipment possible. Additionally, having seen the rate at which our player base excels through content we felt that crafting would have been a wasted feature if it only ever affected 6 slots.

3- Allies actually affect the size of your army and the amount of army equipment, so to say that this makes the new equipment calculation useless is false. If that were the case the army calculation that we were already using and called out in point 1 would also be useless.

As for the bonus that you are talking about, if a player had every one of those bonuses that were ever offered in Kingdom Age (which I don't think is possible based on how they were awarded) they would reduce their opponents army by a total of 45 allies making it 455 if they were maxed out at 500.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    can we get an explanation about how the hero stats are calculated? how can we improve this?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Derez
    let me see if I understand with this scenarios

battle 1
    me rival
    stats 100 50 = I win
    allies 80 95 = I loose
    equipment 25 10 = I win
    battle results I would win

battle 2
    me rival
    stats 100 50 = I win
    allies 80 95 = I loose
    equipment 25 70 = I loose
    battle results I would loose

So Do allies and equipment go hand by hand? I a take 20 less allies to battle due to rival reduction alliance bonus, that means I take 60 less units, 60 less head, feed, artifact, weapon,armor to battle too?

if the above is right, would I not be always at a disatvantage unless the stats on the remaining equipment I take to battle still add to higher stats than the rival?

Post Count
    I have screenies of two accounts one with a win and one with a loss... Yet both accounts are higher hero Attack, and both are less army Attack and defence, confused on why one wins and one losses. As much as everyone threatens to leave I haven't ever, until now. This makes absolutely no sense... None.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Derez / WaffleKing

another suggestion (most likely for next improvement) since it is probably too late for this one or perhaps still time

you guys added 3 more spots for Hero equipment
    rather than having us the players tap, 4,500 on the game to buy the head, feet and artifact for our armies, is it still time for you guys, to just add them to every player's inventory

it would help keep things "as they were" and then those with the new craft items would have their rightful advange over others

Cheers

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Instead of fighting this weekend, I'm going to write a letter to iTunes detailing how I spent the last 2.5 years spending and building my account up and now lose to players with inferior stats. Sure, they bought more of the crap in the store or crafted their little hearts out but in one day they are stronger than me because of that? I'll also make a decision sometime this weekend to delete this app or not.

This is a failure, whoever thought of this idea should be fired.

Post Count
    what about high level players that don't have lot attack and defence skill points for this mess

KA 519-263-877
    Mw 681*865*283
    448*383*882
    Evolve Calculator for LAW units Enjoy http://battlementat.com/evocalc#70/12950/9570

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.

The point here is the timing and lack of communication about the changes. If we had even a week's notice, we could have not upgraded that last building, or made that last donation to the guild. We could have invested in 1000 heavy weapons in the store. And we would not have had all that aggravation during the first 3-4 battles.

I Actually might like the changes, my older games have lots of great weapons and Armor form the maps, I'm not sure yet. But I absolutely hate the way you did it.
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Hey I've got an idea!

Why doesn't Gree rollback all the changes from the last couple of days and force people to download the previous client, then think about your changes before implementing them before war.

As everyone has said.... people aren't happy they've spent years of time and many $$$ on armies that now appear worthless in the new system.

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hi Derez

i understand the intention behind this change. However i have to agree that the timing for the change is very unfortunate as well as the leck of information about it.

Anyways, the rebalancing might add value as long as the build advantage over time (with money and time) still remains and keeps a big factor in the new balance system. Also it is crucial to get the required information on how the single factor stats are calculated as well as the information on how they can be improved.

Also it seems that certain factors like skill points are considered here into thatz calulation while we cant reallocate them in any way.

Please provide us here with more precise information asap so we can try to avoid the frustration many players experience also asap.

Last but not least it seems that the time to hit has extremly slowed down (between 20 seconds up to 1 minute). This might be due to the additional calculation of the new factors. If that is the case please find a way to fasten this process up as its not only annoying to wait 30 seconds to be able to hit again but also extremply boring and it takes a lot of the fun from a battle away.

Thank you
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    Derez
    we understand games need to improve and change, that is fine
    but why in the heck did you guys have to make a HUGE game changing adjustment during a war weekend?

1- Did you guys do this on purpose so that players would have to spend more gems
    2- Did you do this without thinking it was a new way of gaming and war weekend was not the best time
    3- Did anyone stop to think that players need to adapt to the new changes, (ei: buy tons of head, feet and artifact for their armies) understand what needs to be done
    4- did you do this so just to give most players the final push to quit this wonderful game? cause that is what is happening, lost big spenders are leaving the game

What is the point on wasting gems on a war that you cannot defeat your rival after you have already spend 1000x of real cash

The last minute deploy of the new features was not in any way to get players to spend more gems in the Conquest event. We have been planning this release for a while but it was pushed back due to some changes in development, this being evident by the original popup that we display in early October announcing these features.

That being said, the Conquest event was redesigned to reward items that fed into crafting and rewarded players the new Hero Equip items. Unfortunately the new items were not supported in the previous version of the game which is why we had been rewarding vouchers for the new item types. Due to the time required to rebuild the entire Conquest event, test it, and deploy it we went forward with updating to the new version.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Seems that Gree developers don't actually PLAY the game. A mistake big time.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for your replies Derez

I like the crafting since it is a mix of the MQ fusion and the "evolution" in LAW
    those were two things I loved about those two games (RIP)

I wonder if in the future you will introduce the "evolution" and "level up" of equipment (fuse two of the same equipment, then level it up to max level to release its full potential) just like with heros in LAW

that would be a nice feature

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have played many games, but KA is the only one that consistently makes changes right before war weekend and expects players to deal with it. In no other game or sport are players expected to deal with unexpected rules changes as we do in. KA. Like others who have posted, I have spent time and real money to build a profile only to lose because I didn't know to change an area beforehand. Just imagine the chaos if the World Cup were to suddenly change scoring to defensive players getting different points for a goal compared to a striker. I am so furious at what was done and how that my favorite weekend, War, is now a waste of my time.

Sweet {T} (aka Trillian, cofounder of TPK and Serita, founder of DC)