DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero Equipment and Battle Calculation explanation

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Hero Equipment and Battle Calculation explanation

NEW BATTLE CALCULATIONS AND HERO ITEM STATS

With the addition of Hero Equip we have made additions to the items that you take into battle with you. Army units now bring in one of each of the new equipment types as well as your hero bringing in their gear as well.

In the past all of these items were thrown into one pot which made weapon and armor items worth less as their total power was a fraction of a percent to that of a single army unit.

The new battle calculation compares like amounts to each other instead of putting everything in one bucket. Armies vs Armies, Army Equipment vs Army Equipment, and Hero vs Hero. This means that hero equipment stats, while still well under 100, are actually just as powerful as a unit with a power 100,000 or more. However, armies are still the majority of the battle outcome calculation in order to not take away from the large armies that players have built over the years.

A second addition to the battle calculation is that both players attack and defend. This gives importance to both stats, where in the past players really only cared about building attack at a higher rate as well as simulating an actual battle. This may have an affect on the players that you are now able to successfully attack, while your attack may be higher than your defense they are actually more powerful than you in an overall battle.

Part of the reason that we have made these changes were to add depth and value to the new crafting feature. Allowing items that are not currently being used by your hero to be used by your armies in a meaningful way will not only allow players to craft more items over time but also extends the value of equipment that is replaced on your hero.

We will be holding an AMA next week to answer any other questions or concerns you might have with these new battle calculations and Hero Equipment.

Post Count
    This all makes sense, but throwing it at us out of the blue is the worst way you could have done this. You might call it a Rooster Move.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    maybe a little late with this message?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleking View Post
    However, armies are still the majority of the battle outcome calculation in order to not take away from the large armies that players have built over the years.
    I'd also like to know how you can possibly say this when I can lose to somebody with 1/10th my army stats if they happen to have better army and hero equipment than I do.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    so it's pure random? you can't determine anything, how is everything calculate for the end result (win/lose)?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    so do you need to best the other player in 2 out of the 3 stats (army, ally, hero) ???????????????

Post Count
    Part of the reason that we have made these changes were to add depth and value to the new crafting feature. .
    I think what you forgot to write there is that this will also impact your wins and losses in CoK and as a result in order to score more conquest points or even as many as you are used to you will need to give us (GREEd) more money to do so.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    So why weren't we told BEFORE the war?

This is the worst possible way to go about making a big change. It just goes to show that Gree is the least customer friendly company in the world. To tell us now, after people are getting frustrated, and are talking about leaving the game is terrible.

This also has the effect of all the money we threw away on this game worthless now. I spent a lot of time, money and effort to grow my games. And for what? Only to lose to someone with 25% of my stats?

What the heck were you thinking?
    Last edited by Jnsolberg; 11-14-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Purple Squirrel

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The new battle calculation compares like amounts to each other instead of putting everything in one bucket. Armies vs Armies, Army Equipment vs Army Equipment, and Hero vs Hero. This means that hero equipment stats, while still well under 100, are actually just as powerful as a unit with a power 100,000 or more. However, armies are still the majority of the battle outcome calculation in order to not take away from the large armies that players have built over the years.

A second addition to the battle calculation is that both players attack and defend. This gives importance to both stats, where in the past players really only cared about building attack at a higher rate as well as simulating an actual battle. This may have an affect on the players that you are now able to successfully attack, while your attack may be higher than your defense they are actually more powerful than you in an overall battle.
    Are you saying that there is actually six different fights calculated, of which only three are shown? That would make it Impossible to really understand why you lost, as you only see partially the opponents details.

And what is the "majority of the battle outcome"? It can't be 50%+, as otherwise players wouldn't report here they've lost to players with 1/10th of their unit attack. if it would be 20%+20%, could you that a majority, as the rest of the six fights have all15% each, making them to be over half of the outcome.

Lurker
    Post Count

Never do this again...it's broken.

The new battle calculation compares like amounts to each other instead of putting everything in one bucket. Armies vs Armies, Army Equipment vs Army Equipment, and Hero vs Hero.

A second addition to the battle calculation is that both players attack and defend.

We will be holding an AMA next week to answer any other questions or concerns you might have with these new battle calculations and Hero Equipment.
    This is a war game. We build up stats to fight the wars. So it should be obvious to Never...NEVER change how wars are won/lost right before a huge war event.

Changes like this should only happen right after a war event so every player and guild has a chance to learn and adapt in time.

Reading this post after the war event is underway shows gree communication to players is BROKEN.
    Whatever system is being used to time the release of updates is BROKEN.
    Not catching major problems before the update is pushed out is BROKEN.

The players know its broken...the support team knows it's broken...the dev team is apolgizing and knows its broken...but for crying out loud don't just acknowledge it.... Find someone with the authority to fix what is broken before everyone quits.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    My older games, that worked the higher level maps for loot, back when level 200s didn't level up, are doing well, my newer games didn't work the maps for loot, and they are suffering. I want a refund on all the gems I bought building up my stats.
    I know that won't happen, but you just made it clear to us that you don't care about your players at all.

I have loved this game for the last 2.75 years, but now I'm getting fed up.
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    WaffleKing

With all due respect, the new calculation is one really dumb idea Gree has implemented in the game

here is the reason why I think of that

1- stats vs stas is same as usual
    2- equipment, now people have to buy/craft more or better equipment

3- the BIG issue, ALLIES............for almost everyone in top 500 to top 1........we all have the -"x"% alliance which means that when you attack a rival that rival will bring LESS allies to battle.........thus this factor in the calculation is pretty much useless, since 99.9% of the time the attacking person has this bonus thus the attacked person will ALWAYS bring less allies to battle

so basically your battle calculation comes down to just stats and equipment

Please let me know if this is correct or if I am mistaken

Cheers
    Last edited by truthteller; 11-14-2014 at 03:43 PM.

[expletive deleted]
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    My older games, that worked the higher level maps for loot, back when level 200s didn't level up, are doing well, my newer games didn't work the maps for loot, and they are suffering. I want a refund on all the gems I bought building up my stats.
    I know that won't happen, but you just made it clear to us that you don't care about your players at all.

I have loved this game for the last 2.75 years, but now I'm getting fed up.
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Yeah - armies really need to be what are attack is based on

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Derez View Post
    Jnsolberg, I am sorry that you feel this way as it was not the intention of these new features. Due to the design of the original game that was created almost 3 years ago content has become extremely shallow in that players have only continued to build one stat over time which has led to large gaps in the shrinking player base and a huge decrease in competition. These new features were designed to reengage players, build new competition, and add depth to the game so that we can continue to support the community for years to come.
    Moves like this is why you have a shrinking player base