DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.0 Status Update

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

3.0 Status Update

Hello Kingdom Age Players

As the Product Manager of Kingdom Age, I wanted to reach out to our player base and personally give you a heads up on the 3.0 Hero Equipment/Crafting update that was made live last night.

I have been reading all of your feedback on the forums and I wanted to personally apologize for the issues you are all experiencing in this new update. The team has been working feverishly to discover what is causing these serious PVP issues that are occurring since the release of 3.0. We are happy to report we have figured out the issue and are testing a fix as we speak. We will be deploying a fix later today as well as releasing Level 1 of the Crafting Workshop.

The development team has been hard at work on Hero Equipment/Crafting and never intended it to negatively impact any gameplay experiences for our players. We have always seen this feature as an addition to the amazing armies and power our players have acquired over the years of faithful support to our product. Over the last couple of months and into the new year the team will continue developing new features that we feel will improve the core of Kingdom Age and offer more depth for our players. We want to build a game that we are proud of and that our community enjoys playing.

Rolling out these changes can cause issues like you have seen since the launch of 3.0 last night. The team has been keeping a constant watch of the forums since our deploy of 3.0 and will continue monitoring your feedback moving forward. Your almost instant feedback has allowed us to find and deploy a fix quickly for the PVP/Raiding issues. We appreciate you voicing your opinions and helping us make the game better and tune new features to something you all enjoy engaging with.

We are looking into hosting another AMA next week to gather your feedback on our new Hero Equipment/Crafting feature and answer any additional questions that you may have about Kingdom Age.

Once again I would like to personally apologize for the initial kinks that have been in the Hero Equipment update and would like to thank you all for your feedback and patience while we resolve these issues.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Why does Gree not do more thorough testing before releasing new things? We'd rather wait til new aspects are fully tested and debugged. I love this game, but am getting tired of its buggy nature. Apologizing doesn't negate the frustration.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Zuma View Post
    Why does Gree not do more thorough testing before releasing new things? We'd rather wait til new aspects are fully tested and debugged. I love this game, but am getting tired of its buggy nature. Apologizing doesn't negate the frustration.
    Hello Zuma

We know an apology does not remove your frustration but we wanted our community to know that we as the development team are trying to fix these types of issues. We take full responsibility for this going out without enough testing and all we can tell you is that in future releases we will make sure that this does not happen again and that bugs like this are caught before we release them to our players.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    One of your beta testers tells he found the bug and reported it to you. Should you check your ways of working if an important report like this was ignored: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1419384

Post Count
    Can you at least give us an ETA for the fix?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleDanceGeek View Post
    Can you at least give us an ETA for the fix?
    ETA is the PvP attack issue is fixed and are currently working on the stat lowering matter. Both will hopefully go live before the end of the day.

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    ETA is the PvP attack issue is fixed and are currently working on the stat lowering matter. Both will hopefully go live before the end of the day.
    FYI, after reading this, I restarted my device, opened KA and tried to raid and I still lost. My attack is over 1.3 billion higher than his defense.

Post Count
    I commend you Waffeking Thankyou so much for the apology and for posting on this forum.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfauker View Post
    FYI, after reading this, I restarted my device, opened KA and tried to raid and I still lost. My attack is over 1.3 billion higher than his defense.
    Thanks, we'll pass that along to double check. I might have misunderstood that it is in code and maybe not deployed yet.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfauker View Post
    Hello Uberfauker

Would you mind posting your player id and we will get to the bottom of your issue.

Post Count
    I just failed a raid where I had 1.5b attack versus the player's 90.5m defense. My ID is in the signature, if you want to further examine it. Even with the 3x Tree Forts in range, shouldn't have been possible to fail.

I did win an attack though, seems kinda wonky on raiding still.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Consistent Contributor Uberfauker's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Update: I can now raid/attack but it takes a really long time. Average time once I tap the building is 27 seconds. I can live with that (for now )as long as I can raid.

Player ID: 326-234-373

Post Count
    When you say stat lowering do you mean how it appears as though we only have 30 allies?

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleDanceGeek View Post
    When you say stat lowering do you mean how it appears as though we only have 30 allies?
    Can you post a screenshot of this?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Arrow Here is an example

Alliance size 500 - see next post

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by Elendar; 11-13-2014 at 05:15 PM.